Q&C Vouchers for DVC Members

calypso*a*go-go

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Many members are upset that the dining plan isn't available to DVC. Has anyone ever tried to find out if DVC could be considered a "group" that would be able to purchase Q&C Vouchers through Disney? I think they run around $11.50 and while they are certainly no replacement for the dining plan or the benefits of purchasing the DDE, it would be a nice perk/option for quick meals inside the parks and resorts.

I though about emailing MS but didn't know if this had ever been discussed before. Of course, if this ever came to be, there would have to be a way to keep people from getting the vouchers and selling them on ebay at a profit. Maybe a max on how many each member could get per year or something. Besides, even at the lower price buying direct through Disney, there are still just a small percentage of restaurants where the vouchers would be a savings...so maybe not worth looking into. Any thoughts on the subject?

Can't hurt to email MS or better yet, Jim Lewis about your idea. Maybe DVC could even negotiate a discount on them for us, LOL!

Best wishes-

I actually like that much better than the dining plan...I could NEVER eat enough to justify that plan!! Besides, I always like vacations where I don't gain weight!!!

:wave:

Beca

I think they may have done away with the Q&C vouchers? That's what I read anyway. Couldn't get any at that price for the August trip - the place that bought hotwire doesn't sell them any more.

Mary (of MouseSavers) has negotiated a special deal for her readers to buy the Q & C meal vouchers. The price is quite a bit more than $11.50, though. (Actually, FWIW, I haven't seen the $11.50 price for those for some time). Anyway, you can read about them on MouseSavers:

Meal Vouchers

The price (if you don't buy a ticket/voucher combo) is $16.77 including tax. Seems high to me, so that's why I hope DVC can negotiate something better if they decide to go that route.

Best wishes-

I had done a chart on the Q&C values when I had them for two trips last year. I got them last Oct at the $11.50 price, and the only real deals were Beaches & Cream, Tusker House, Tangeriene Cafe - and the last two only with the most expensive items, definately not with the kids items. All of the other ones - you really had to get the most expensive items and then maybe "enjoy" a $.50 savings.

I think with the $16+ price - only B&C and Tangeriene would be worth it. Especially B&C as the Q&C includes a 15% tip.

I have used the latest offer (Before Mary negotiated for MS readers) and the QC vouchers are still a good deal at B&C and Pepper Market. They worked great when we stayed at BCV in June and having the tax and tip included was great and we always left extra for the great service we received.

I really miss the Lunch Vouchers, those are no longer available.

Disney has the vouchers available through their group sales department. They mostly cater to youth groups like school bands, choirs, etc. And the price is still under $12. Getting them at that price would certainly make them a nice perk. $17 -- not such a great deal! Does anyone have the email address for Jim Lewis? Please pm me if you have it. I will send something out and see what kind of a response I get.

And thank you to those that didn't flame me for posting this...I realize anything involving meal savings often creates some very interesting (and varied) reactions. :flower:

LIFERBABE said:
I have used the latest offer (Before Mary negotiated for MS readers) and the QC vouchers are still a good deal at B&C and Pepper Market. They worked great when we stayed at BCV in June and having the tax and tip included was great and we always left extra for the great service we received.

I really miss the Lunch Vouchers, those are no longer available.

Oh, yah, I forgot about Pepper Market. I didn't have it on my sheet as we weren't planning on going there. PM would be a great deal. You could probably get a good deal even with the $16+ ones.

I forgot to mention at Tangierene Cafe in Morocco - even though the rotisserie chicken comes with rice, they gave us fries as a side. This happened twice - once in Dec and once in Mar, so I don't think it was a fluke. Our bill came up to about $19 with the tax.

It would be great if we could qualify as a group to get a better price on the Q & A vouchers! I loved them when I could buy them at $11.50, but I no longer find them worthwhile at $16+ a voucher.

The vouchers you are referring to that are available for youth groups and such are different from the Q&C vouchers. You can not use the "Youth Market Meal Voucher" at Beaches and Cream, Peppermarket Grill, or any of the countries' counter service restaurants in Epcot except for the Liberty Inn in America. My son's boy Scout troop used these vouchers last month, and they are not intended as a way to save money, but rather as a means to make sure the kids ate, regardless of how much money they spent at the arcade after dinner! Off the top of my head I can not remember what resorts(if any) accept the Youth vouchers except the food courts at the AS resorts and Pop Century. After perusing the menus on Deb's site, we decided to use ours at the Electric Umbrella at Epcot, Cosmic Ray's at MK, Tusker House at AK, Backlot Express at MGM, and somewhere(?) at Typhoon Lagoon.And the price was @$11 per voucher.

I know Olivia's, and Good's were on the list for the Youth Market Vouchers, but I also do not remember what other resorts were listed.

:wave:

Beca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter