• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Q&C: Best places to dine for dinner & lunch and get money's worth??

log

Mouseketeer
staying at swan w/ 2.5 and 6 yr old Sat thru Friday night:
we've scheduled 3 character breakfasts (mon, wed, fri). (thinking of getting bkfast vouchers for these)

Will be using Q&C's for the first time - thinking of getting 10 Q&C's, so probably will use 2 per day (1 for lunch, 1 for dinner) -(are we on the right track?).

Need help in getting best value/use of these Q&C's:

- Can you recommend DINNER places we can get the best 'value' using these vouchers? Are there decent places we can use 1 Q&C and get good amt of decent food to feed 2? (could you include your opinion on the restaurants, etc you recommend).

- best places for LUNCH value? (could you include your opinion on the restaurants, etc you recommend).

thanks

I've never used vouchers, but from what I've read here,:

Beaches &Cream (B&Y Club)
Rainforest Cafe(AK)
Pepper Market (CSR)

The Q&C vouchers are not accepted at the AK Rainforest Cafe. The only accept the VKL Vouchers. Just an FYI.
I have planned to check out Beaches and Cream. I was also told that Flame Tree is a good place to use them (BBQ in AK)
Cosmic Rays and Pecos Bills also look promising. And the Pepper Market are listed as a must do. Hope this helps~KPmom

Tangerine Cafe in EPCOT was a great value! DS and I split the lamb and chicken sampler plate, then were allowed another side. We picked french fries *for DS*. A large pop and a wonderful dessert from the attached bakery rounded out our meal. I think our bill came close to 20 dollars and I paid for it with one Q&C voucher. We had plenty to eat, and I had my margarita from the cantina to drink, so DS was able drink all of his beloved pop by himself!

Happy planning!
Debbie

For Q & C:

Beaches and Cream
Pepper Market

Tangieriene (one of our better values/fantastic service also)
Roaring Forks
Cosmic Ray's

Practically everyplace we went with the exception of one place, was a great voucher experience.

I'd recommend looking at the counter service menus and prices over at www.allearsnet.com. We aren't voucher people because our preferred pattern is to do one big sit down dinner (with dessert) and a much simplier lunch (just a burger, salad or wrap - skipping fries and dessert). So how much value and where the value is for your family is completely up to what you choose to eat when you get to a restaurant. We can eat at Cosmic Rays for well under $10 a person - making a voucher $1.50 (plus the hassle) more than the meal.

Someone even posted over on the budget board that they managed to not save money over at B&C. IIRC, they decided to get the kitchen sink for the table (not included in the voucher) so skipped the dessert - which is where the voucher more than pays for itself - and the prime rib sandwich was not being served (they often seem to run out).

Cindy B,
Will you share which place was not good?

Thanks.
Cathy

There is a difference between the Q & C vouchers and the premium ones. The premium can only be used at lunch. But the Rainforrest serves the same menu for lunch and dinner so that would be your only exception.

THe best places we used the Q & C voucher was the pepper Market and Beaches and Cream.

In the Pepper Market we used vouchers two nights while in Disney. both times we both spent over 25.00 so the voucher there was well worth the money.
For a family of 4- two vouchers can split the whole entire meal from the salad to the desserts the portions are that big.

To use the vouchers you have to do some research on where the best value is. Mostly the vouchers allow you to prepay some of your vacation meals.

As mentioned earlier, Tangeriene in Morocco was a good deal. I also think we got a good deal in MK at Columbia Harbor House and also Tusker House in AK(unless you buy the AK meal coupons at the park),

Originally posted by minniemoms
What and where is Pepper Market?? I have never heard of it.

Pepper Market is unique restaurant at Coronado Springs Resort. You are seated by a host or hostest and then there are many serving stations where you get up and order your own meal. There are choices of pasta, steak, mexican food, chinese food, etc. You pay the bill as you leave. You have table service where the waiter will bring drinks and clear away your plates.:earsgirl:

For Q & C, we did really well at Beaches and Cream, Tangerine Cafe in Morocco and Yakitori House in Japan.

Gailelle: quick and casual vouchers are prepaid meal vouchers that can be used at counter service restaurants. I think they currently cost $11.50. I use Hotwire Savings club. One voucher provides an entree/sandwich, a side, adrink and a dessert. I think there is a thread stuck at the top of the budget board.

My vote for the Q and C vouchers for dinner is Beaches and Cream at the Yacht and Beach Club or Pepper Market at the Coronado Springs. Maybe do these dinners on your non-park days so you can take your time getting there and enjoy the resorts. Fun times and great memories!!

Sorry for the enthusiasm.. just got back Weds...
for the most bang for your $$ if you have a car, even if not, the Pepper Market at CSR is the BEST.. went there several times this trip... had stayed there before (unf. this trip couldn't get in there totally booked so we stayed at CBR). All I can say is the prime rib ($18.95) at dinner is HUGE, served w/choice of potatoe and grilled assorted veggies (both huge) or perhaps a grilled rib eye ($17.95) cooked to order or grilled tuna steaks (DH got 2 fillets) this was served w/rice and grilled veg. then add a fruit smoothie ($2.99) or perhaps a cappucino and an absolutely yummy dessert (took back for later since we were stuffed).. split the main dishes .. you do the math.. well worth it. Also did Beaches 'n Cream but even though the $$ was higher than the cost of the vouchers didn't feel it was as good a value.. Pepper Market was definitely a well rounded meal vs. burger and sweets.
Carolyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter