Purchasing tickets for SDL

disney144

Mouseketeer
Has anyone purchased tickets at the hotel? How was that process? Did you still have to exchange your ticket at the ticket booth? Did you need to bring your passport into the park?

We are planning on buying our tickets when we check in. This will allow us to pay cash and avoid the foreign transaction fee.

Bought my tickets at the hotel- they were issued on a key card but I didn't have to exchange or show a passport or anything. It was very easy.

Bought my tickets at the hotel- they were issued on a key card but I didn't have to exchange or show a passport or anything. It was very easy.
Great. We will plan to do this. Does anyone know if there is any need to carry our passport in the park? This makes me very nervous. We always carry a copy of our passport when traveling, but I would prefer to leave the actual passport in the hotel.

Great. We will plan to do this. Does anyone know if there is any need to carry our passport in the park? This makes me very nervous. We always carry a copy of our passport when traveling, but I would prefer to leave the actual passport in the hotel.
We are in Shanghai Disneyland now. The hotel made a colour copy of our passports for us and we take them into the park. One cast member wanted to see our originals at the ticket gate which was annoying but she did let us in with the copies. I refuse to take an original into the park.

We are in Shanghai Disneyland now. The hotel made a colour copy of our passports for us and we take them into the park. One cast member wanted to see our originals at the ticket gate which was annoying but she did let us in with the copies. I refuse to take an original into the park.

This is good to know! I'm going in a few weeks and am staying at the Toy Story hotel. I need to have a good plan because I'm going during a Chinese national holiday and the parks will be super crowded (I didn't have a choice on timing because I'm going with friends who work in China).

Has anyone bought their tickets online? I'm trying but every time I get to where I set up the account, it tries to send a PIN to my phone via text, but the text never arrives. Anyone else have this issue?

Has anyone bought their tickets online? I'm trying but every time I get to where I set up the account, it tries to send a PIN to my phone via text, but the text never arrives. Anyone else have this issue?

I did two weeks ago and didn't have a problem getting the text message (US phone number). I was surprised it worked!

This is good to know! I'm going in a few weeks and am staying at the Toy Story hotel. I need to have a good plan because I'm going during a Chinese national holiday and the parks will be super crowded (I didn't have a choice on timing because I'm going with friends who work in China).

You can buy the Premier Access now which gives you fastpasses to all the major attractions.

I bought my park tix with my room and no problem!
After check in - went across to concierge desk where my tix were ready and waiting

I bought online from the Shanghai Disneyland site in Jan and did not need to have to get a text message. I just opened an account with them using my email I think rather than a mobile (you got a choice) so I didn't have that hassle. We went straight to the gates with our confirmation print out and passports where they issued us with the ticket. It didn't bother me to carry our passports with us as we own Scott E jackets and they stayed zipped in an inside lining. Several tourist attractions elsewhere in China need you to produce your passport so it was common place for us to just carry them with us wherever we went.

You will need to show your passport when you check in at any hotel in China. I did ask about that....seems it's government regulation. They have to check your passport and check that you have a valid visa.

I bought my tickets from the Disney website when I booked my hotel. So, the tickets/cards were waiting for me when I checked in. I was advised to take my passport when I activated the ticket for the first time. The CM did check my passport.

FWIW...I do carry a backpack for my camera gear. So the passport stayed in the camera bag in the inside pouch. As I would probably prefer to lose a limb than lose the backpack, I figured the passport would be safe with me in the bag. YMMV on whether you are prepared to take the original passport with you or not.

I'm not sure if this is applicable for any of you, but when I bought my season pass, I brought my passport, my US Driver's license, and my Chinese driver's license. They explained that they could bind the season pass to any of the IDs, since they record the last X digits of the id. I opted for the Chinese driver's license which is the one I could most afford to lose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!