Purchasing CCV vs DRR

No it isn't. They fall under Membership Extras thus could be removed any time as they are incidental benefits. A long time ago sales incentives existed for OKW were buyers got park tickets until 1999 for half the occupancy of their villa. I think some other smaller sales incentives existed for VGC where it was a free AP for a year, etc.
Sorry, I was referring to what rg35 had said about only allowing home bookings 🙂. I thought we are contractually guaranteed bookings at the 14 DVC Resorts during the 7 month booking window.

Sorry, I was referring to what rg35 had said about only allowing home bookings 🙂. I thought we are contractually guaranteed bookings at the 14 DVC Resorts during the 7 month booking window.
I'm sorry I misread the flow. Technically speaking, yes we are contractually obligated 1 month (minimum) home resort booking advantage and the ability to book at non-home resorts (subject to the new rules for Riviera) as long as BVTC exists. I suppose BVTC could be "destroyed" thus no longer the ability to exchange since that is the mechanism for the trading, but that would likely cause many lawsuits and regulatory review especially if a new more restrictive trading mechanism was set up. I assume the resale Restrictions were applied to Riviera and future resorts not because the goodness of Disney but because they couldn't restrict the L14 quite the same way.

Thank you everyone for your help. I’m really leaning towards copper creek with direct and resale. If I had to resale my direct points for Copper Creek in the future, will it be like Riviera, only able to book at that Copper Creek as Resale points or will it be able to book the classic 14?

Thank you everyone for your help. I’m really leaning towards copper creek with direct and resale. If I had to resale my direct points for Copper Creek in the future, will it be like Riviera, only able to book at that Copper Creek as Resale points or will it be able to book the classic 14?
CCV resale can book the original 14. All of the original 14 resorts can book the original 14 when purchased resale.

Riviera, Reflections, and forward can only book itself when sold resale.

CCV resale can book the original 14. All of the original 14 resorts can book the original 14 when purchased resale.

Riviera, Reflections, and forward can only book itself when sold resale.
As of right now, will DVC change their mind in the future when resale values are low? We will have to wait and see.

Where have you stayed? And what did you like about it?

Transportation is big for me. Then the design and a quick service with some variety.

What things are important to you?

Design is important to me. Husband is a control freak and can’t seem to let go of a car so we don’t really worry about transportation. We both like wilderness lodge. Most of the time we will try for 2 bedrooms for our yearly early October trips but want the option to stay at a cabin someday (he’s in love with them). I really like the look and room sizes of the Riviera and think riding the gondolas will be a ride in itself. If we were to do a mixture of Direct points and resale points, doesn’t it seem like Copper Creek would be a better home resort for both contracts? Maybe I’m wrong but after Riviera is all sold, doesn’t it seem that it would be easier to book there with direct points at 7 months vs CCR at 7 months? Riviera has more rooms than CCR, some people don’t like the amount of points needed to stay at Riviera and people with post Jan 19 resale points can’t book there (like my CCR resale points I plan to buy). Trying to make both hubby and myself happy by buying direct at CCR to combine points with resale at 11 months when staying at CCR but sometimes using direct points for Riviera at the 7 month mark. I know none of us can really tell what will happen just would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for reading this long winded post.

Design is important to me. Husband is a control freak and can’t seem to let go of a car so we don’t really worry about transportation. We both like wilderness lodge. Most of the time we will try for 2 bedrooms for our yearly early October trips but want the option to stay at a cabin someday (he’s in love with them). I really like the look and room sizes of the Riviera and think riding the gondolas will be a ride in itself. If we were to do a mixture of Direct points and resale points, doesn’t it seem like Copper Creek would be a better home resort for both contracts? Maybe I’m wrong but after Riviera is all sold, doesn’t it seem that it would be easier to book there with direct points at 7 months vs CCR at 7 months? Riviera has more rooms than CCR, some people don’t like the amount of points needed to stay at Riviera and people with post Jan 19 resale points can’t book there (like my CCR resale points I plan to buy). Trying to make both hubby and myself happy by buying direct at CCR to combine points with resale at 11 months when staying at CCR but sometimes using direct points for Riviera at the 7 month mark. I know none of us can really tell what will happen just would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for reading this long winded post.

I agree if you usually drive and like Wilderness Lodge, CCR is probably the wiser choice. I think it will definitely be easier to book RIV at 7 months than CCR. Just make sure you have enough points for a preferred view room. I'm guessing the standard rooms will go fast. And for sure if you are going to want to combine your resale and direct points, CCR is the better choice. Sounds like you know what you want. :-)

Some people have been theorizing that eventually Riveria will be extremely difficult to book at 7 months due to the resale restrictions and the resale owners who won't be able to book anywhere else.

That being said, I think CCV is the better deal right now. I have a coworker who owns there, and she loves it!

I agree if you usually drive and like Wilderness Lodge, CCR is probably the wiser choice. I think it will definitely be easier to book RIV at 7 months than CCR. Just make sure you have enough points for a preferred view room. I'm guessing the standard rooms will go fast. And for sure if you are going to want to combine your resale and direct points, CCR is the better choice. Sounds like you know what you want. :-)
I agree with all of this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter