Purchasing Annual Passes, but not able to go

DisneyWorldMimi

Mimi to a new Disney Lover
We have planned trips for the last two Christmases and things fell through both times. Last Christmas it was Hurricane Michael, my mum passed the day after a Thanksgiving and a cat with a serious heart condition. In February I had to go help sort out her house with my brother & sister.

Since then the one cat has passed and right now we have booked Port Orleans French Quarter over Christmas. We were discussing the price raise of tickets and Annual Passes. My husband and I are both retired and so now our Disney trips are further apart. Our dream trip is to stay at Wilderness Lodge for Christmas and through our anniversary on January 2nd.

We are hoping to do the trip we booked for December, but were wondering if we purchase Annual Passes and don’t activate them within the year, would they still be good? I am not saying we will do this, but was wondering what happens if you purchase them but then can’t travel within the year that you are paying for them or don’t activate them within that time frame. (We live in Florida, so can make payments).

Does anyone know what would happen? Are you just out the money you paid for them, or would you have to pay the difference if there is price increase before you activate them? Just don’t want to lose the cost of the Passes, if we can’t make this trip and can’t plan one until quite a bit later.

We are still in recovery mode from Hurricane Michael as is most of our community. We have yet to get our roof fixed and the inside won’t be done until the roof is fixed. And we are trying to figure out where we are going to put things while they are working on the house. We have two Pods, but one has the things I got from my mum. (About half full) We need shelving units to be able to put things into the Pods. We salvaged two from a storage unit, but the particle board shelves were destroyed.

Thank you for your help. This might be something for us to consider. If we can’t go this Christmas, we definitely want to go to celebrate our 30th Anniversary, so end of 2022/beginning of 2023.

Thank you for your help. This might be something for us to consider. If we can’t go this Christmas, we definitely want to go to celebrate our 30th Anniversary, so end of 2022/beginning of 2023.

Also, as long as the annual pass is unactivated, you can also transfer it to someone else. So if your travel plans or frequency of your visits change in the future, you could always reassign it to someone else in your My Disney Experience account.* Hopefully that also helps you feel better about the risk of purchasing. Unfortunately, with the recent price increase, there seems to be no boundary to where prices may go in the future. I would make sure to thoroughly read the fine print before you purchase, including all terms-and-conditions you find online during checkout, just in case the rules change without notice.

*Of course, once you have activated the annual pass, it is locked to a specific person and can no longer be reassigned.

I hope your dream of staying at Wilderness Lodge over Christmas comes true! It's one of my favorite resorts. Just be aware that since half of it was converted to DVC units, rooms go quickly, especially during the holidays. I would book it at least a year in advance, if not sooner. You can always cancel if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!