Purchasing an AP premier pass . How long can I hold it before activating?

Llama mama

DIS Veteran
I am purchasing AP premier pass from the website for our July trip. It will activate at first use. If our trip get canceled for some reason we also have another November trip. I was wondering though how long do you have to activate? I can’t find a specific timeframe listed.

I am not aware of a time limit to activate although I think they sometimes require you to activate by a certain date to get the extra three months they are offering currently. I am not sure if the current offer has a limit. May want to chat with Universal on the website, email or call.

Why not wait until you get there to buy your AP? That way if things go bad and you don't get to go at all, you don't have to worry about how long you can wait. Obviously, for regular tickets on special, you might not have that option, but you do for APs...

Why not wait until you get there to buy your AP? That way if things go bad and you don't get to go at all, you don't have to worry about how long you can wait. Obviously, for regular tickets on special, you might not have that option, but you do for APs...
They are offering 3 three months free right now. But that is a great point.

They are offering 3 three months free right now. But that is a great point.
Other than the three free months - do keep in mind the price can go up.
I think that is unlikely in the near term (just an assumption) - but it is a reason people often buy the passes well in advance

I had this same question as well. I just called Universal and the person I spoke to did not see anything in the terms and conditions about activating by a certain date. Only that they needed to be purchased by 9/30 for the 3 months free promo. Seemed like she had access to the same info that we do online but I'm glad I verified it with her.

Hope this helps!

Not to derail this thread but I’m considering buying the premier pass as well. We are already going in July and I have a package at Hard Rock. If I buy the premier pass, can they modify my existing reservation (room & tickets) to add in the AP discount or would I have to cancel and rebook?

Not to derail this thread but I’m considering buying the premier pass as well. We are already going in July and I have a package at Hard Rock. If I buy the premier pass, can they modify my existing reservation (room & tickets) to add in the AP discount or would I have to cancel and rebook?
AP discounts are not automatically given for a room rate.
(In your case a package)

Run the numbers and see which way is better for you financially.
If you have trips planned within a 12 month period, the ap would likely be worth it.

A person has to book a room when the ap rate is valid.
We don’t always know in advance when dates are released for it.

Premier ap has good discounts at UO for quite a few things besides park admission.

You can call and cancel your package and do room only.
But check the policy of the time frame you can cancel without penalty.

AP discounts are not automatically given for a room rate.
(In your case a package)

Run the numbers and see which way is better for you financially.
If you have trips planned within a 12 month period, the ap would likely be worth it.

A person has to book a room when the ap rate is valid.
We don’t always know in advance when dates are released for it.

Premier ap has good discounts at UO for quite a few things besides park admission.

You can call and cancel your package and do room only.
But check the policy of the time frame you can cancel without penalty.

Thank you.:flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!