purchase express pass for each day of trip?

Slaggslala

Earning My Ears
Hi! I am planning our first multiday trip to Universal. I am trying to price out the best hotel. We definitely want to get the express unlimited prices, so I am trying to see if it is cheaper to stay at a hotel that comes with the pass or to stay at a cheaper hotel and purchase the passes separately. Do the passes cover your length of stay or need to be purchased separately for each day? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

When you stay at one of the Premium hotels, the EP covers you from opening on the day you check in, until closing on the day you check out. So a 2 night hotel stay will net you 3 days of EP.

When you arrive, just go to hotel check-in. They will issue you EPs even if your rooms aren't ready yet. So you could go at 8 am to make it for 9am opening.

If you are not a premium hotel guest, you must buy them each day.

I guess it could depend on the nightly prices on the hotel and the number of people but I can't imagine that there are a lot of situations that buying EP separately is a better deal that staying at Premium hotel for EP.

EP when you buy alone is per PERSON per day. So the cheapest EP is $90ish per person per day. 2 people $180 per day. 4 people $360 per day.

I always travel with just two people, and every time I've compared costs between say Cabana Bay and and of the top tier EP giving hotels, it is always a better deal to stay at the Premium hotel. The more people traveling, I think you are even more on the saving side staying at the hotel. But I also won't pay more that $350 a night for a hotel, so maybe that is it.

For unlimited EP for both parks, it can be between $99, to $159 each depending on the season. So, depending on if you need a place to stay and how many people you have with you getting a hotel with unlimited EP included starting on your first day of check in to check out day. It's quite a deal.

It does depend. We looked offsite at Drury Place which is close by and you get a hot breakfast and a light dinner there each day. So, you really save on food costs. Then, paying for the regular Universal express pass seems like it's better to stay off site.

I agree the more people to a room onsite the better the value for the unlimited express becomes staying onsite. You can get some package deals, too. I think right now there's an offer where you buy 2 day park tickets and you get three more days free at the parks. Now, I'm not sure I want to do 5 days of Universal, IOA, and Volcano Bay.

It really does depend and you will have to crunch the numbers for your individual situation.

It is unlimited.
"2-Park, 2-Day + 3 Days Free + Universal Express Unlimited™ Promotional Ticket
Visit all listed parks each day and skip the regular lines at most popular rides and attractions as many times as you want."

Although, when I follow my own link it swaps to FL resident for some reason, which is apparently only the regular EP. So you have to switch it back to non-FL.

It is unlimited.
Visit all listed parks each day and skip the regular lines at most popular rides and attractions as many times as you want."

Although, when I follow my own link it swaps to FL resident for some reason, which is apparently only the regular EP. So you have to switch it back to non-FL.

That explains why that's what I'm seeing. Thanks for clearing that up so others are able to know they might have to do a little bit to get back to the unlimited EP deal.

We are going nonpeak in November staying at Cabana Volcano View. Buying EP was close to $500 less than HRH with included passes. We got 4 nights, mini golf, $50 resort credit, 3 park hopper for 2 days + 3 days bonus with EP all days (EP not valid at VB) for a total of 5 days, and round trip airport transportation. We paid around $1,600 and airfare booked separately.

That explains why that's what I'm seeing. Thanks for clearing that up so others are able to know they might have to do a little bit to get back to the unlimited EP deal.

I have never heard of this type of promo before! Is this the first time they have offered it? We are looking at going to Universal next year and would love if they would do this again and we could stay somewhere cheaper than RPR.

I have never heard of this type of promo before! Is this the first time they have offered it? We are looking at going to Universal next year and would love if they would do this again and we could stay somewhere cheaper than RPR.

Personally I doubt they would do it again unless they're a bit low on attendance and they need a big promo to drum up business. I hope I'm wrong though as we have a trip planned for next march.

CB is our favourite resort and if we could swing hotel + Park tickets + Unlimited EP and it being a decent amount cheaper at CB vs RPR (that we have booked so far but can cancel) then I would do that in a heartbeat.

But I'm not holding my breath

Right now you can also buy the promo tickets for buy-2-get-3-days-free with express included, which is a pretty darn good deal at $419.99 for 5 days. https://www.universalorlando.com/we...113.1441603422.1563362236-82077215.1544879669
Thank you so much, you save me at least $200 and more flexibility with it, although I have to sacrifice 1/3-day😉 - but I think instead of hitting a park for a few hours on my switching day, I either stay länger at a Disney-Park or YC or I invest in a ticket for HHN for 11/2 - Yeah, many crowds but I'm not a big fan of horror-movies or -series (not frightened, just not my thing). Does anybody know, how far in advance they last days of HHN are sold out, I just want to decide it a 2 or 3 days before?

Right now you can also buy the promo tickets for buy-2-get-3-days-free with express included, which is a pretty darn good deal at $419.99 for 5 days. https://www.universalorlando.com/we...113.1441603422.1563362236-82077215.1544879669

It should be noted that the price is *from* $419.99

In looking through it, it is based on date and depending on the dates you select, I've seen it as high as $504.99. Still a great deal though where when combined with one of the lower priced hotels can work out cheaper than staying at RPR, HRH or PB

We are going nonpeak in November staying at Cabana Volcano View. Buying EP was close to $500 less than HRH with included passes. We got 4 nights, mini golf, $50 resort credit, 3 park hopper for 2 days + 3 days bonus with EP all days (EP not valid at VB) for a total of 5 days, and round trip airport transportation. We paid around $1,600 and airfare booked separately.

Sounds like you got a package. Did you ever check room-only prices (and buying tickets from wherever you wished)?

It is unlimited.

Can anyone tell me if this deal is park to park? “Visit all listed parks each day” is confusing.

(I know the deal passed already but my sister-in-law bought them and I’m checking for her.)

Can anyone tell me if this deal is park to park? “Visit all listed parks each day” is confusing.

(I know the deal passed already but my sister-in-law bought them and I’m checking for her.)

If it says visit all parks each day, then it is park to park.

Thank you so much, you save me at least $200 and more flexibility with it, although I have to sacrifice 1/3-day😉 - but I think instead of hitting a park for a few hours on my switching day, I either stay länger at a Disney-Park or YC or I invest in a ticket for HHN for 11/2 - Yeah, many crowds but I'm not a big fan of horror-movies or -series (not frightened, just not my thing). Does anybody know, how far in advance they last days of HHN are sold out, I just want to decide it a 2 or 3 days before?
Last two years hhn was very crowded the last night it was held

No idea if it will be like that this year

Once hhn begins and threads are started about it, we will have a better idea if November will be light or heavy in crowds

Read about hhn on Facebook sites
Peeps usually post good info while they are at uo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!