Punishing my family by making them go

I'm glad your trip ended up being good. That is quite an age gap and I'm sure in life in general, it's hard to get to agree. But I'm happy you finally got your once in a lifetime family trip. :)
Meee too, only thing coulda made it "best" is if my oldest and my grandbabies coulda gone!

I’m glad you guys made it back safely. Did they have any fun at all? Family time is important but I do stick to my first post just go to the beach next time especially if you want your older kids to go. Maybe the younger ones dh and you could go again by yourselves.
We stopped by 2 beaches, they enjoyed DW even if they won't admit it. We have a trip planned for the parties this fall for just the 7 of us, just hoping we can afford it. ~8:•

Hah! My oldest boy has flat out said his kids won't go to DW
I had a co-worker who said if he married and had kids they were never going there its to expensive. Well he married and shortly after had a daughter. He came to me last month (daughter now 3) and asked how to you plan one of those things. She watches princesses at gradma's house, saw a commercial and wants to go.

I had a co-worker who said if he married and had kids they were never going there its to expensive. Well he married and shortly after had a daughter. He came to me last month (daughter now 3) and asked how to you plan one of those things. She watches princesses at gradma's house, saw a commercial and wants to go.

LOL!!! My DH was like that. HE insisted that our DGD get to WDW when she was 4, but he had all "those" suggestions. Stay off site to save money, blah blah blah. He watched us plan, and then worried we were placing a lot of responsibility on teh tiny shoulders of a 4 YO, so he insisted on a back up plan. Okay...Club Level for us! Now we never need to leave the resort if she is scared. Well after many add ons after our arrival, and more toys than we could manage to get home easily, he told me it was the best money spent ever! AND we were off to the races! He is "that" guy now. What???? You did not book a resort on the monorail????? The Princesses need to see the Castle when they awake...book the GF. WHat's the name of that place the girls (my daughter and daughter in law) want? The Poly. Book it. Hey.....What do you mean Deb and Jenna (our niece and her wife) want to stay at the BC???? Not those others? Nope. What don't they want Disney???? LOL!!!!! Okay, I'll deal with it! LOL!

Yes, these guys are the worst! LOL!!!

I can't even imagine how much park tickets were for 11 people :confused3:scared1::confused3

Last edited:

OP, you must have patience of a saint. Did your older DS try the "living with the land ride". My older son loves nature and him and I ride this ride at least 3 times every time we are in Epcot.

LOL!!! My DH was like that. HE insisted that our DGD get to WDW when she was 4, but he had all "those" suggestions. Stay off site to save money, blah blah blah. He watched us plan, and then worried we were placing a lot of responsibility on teh tiny shoulders of a 4 YO, so he insisted on a back up plan. Okay...Club Level for us! Now we never need to leave the resort if she is scared. Well after many add ons after our arrival, and more toys than we could manage to get home easily, he told me it was the best money spent ever! AND we were off to the races! He is "that" guy now. What???? You did not book a resort on the monorail????? The Princesses need to see the Castle when they awake...book the GF. WHat's the name of that place the girls (my daughter and daughter in law) want? The Poly. Book it. Hey.....What do you mean Deb and Jenna (our niece and her wife) want to stay at the BC???? Not those others? Nope. What don't they want Disney???? LOL!!!!! Okay, I'll deal with it! LOL!

Yes, these guys are the worst! LOL!!!
Love it. I was one of those once and done's. First 2 weeks in June for trip #5.

In short, my 2 sons are against this trip, my oldest daughter isnt sure. Looking for advice on how to make this an enjoyable trip and maybe, possibly..hoping to get them to want to go back, but if not..at least remember this as a great trip and not come home saying "I told you this was stupid from the start, I hated it."
"NO characters, no rides...grumble rant complain"
So, not sure what to call this, but I think a few of my family members would agree with the title
*Begin long post...
I have a 20 year old son who was hating the whole trip before it was even planned, his 17 year old brother, not far behind him in thoughts who actually asked where the closest bridge was when I told him about it. My 19 year old daughter who isn't quite sure what to think(and then all their little siblings who the trips going to mostly be for)
I'm very sad I had never just planned a trip before now and their response now is "why do I have to go?"
I've asked all of them what they'd like to do or are even slightly interested in. I have watched the videos, I've been looking up info for literally years. I search adults stuff, I search everything I can think of.
My oldest is...hard to explain. He isn't a stick in the mud, but I guess just likes what he likes...kinda serious. He likes talking to older people more than peers, likes working for people(except his mother haha), loves hanging out with my 2 year old and his 4 year old nephew...for short periods. Doesn't like crowds or kiddie stuff, which right there makes me think the ship has sunk, but then there's Epcot I think he's going to like.
I think all 3 will enjoy epcot, but what about the rest of the parks...characters are out, rides are out...both of which theyll be "punished" with for their siblings anyway.
Lol and sigh.
*(have tent camping reservations for March 18-23, planning to go to all 4 parks. Yes, crappy crowd time but 2 oldest are in college)
All suggestions ( other than don't make them go =p ) appreciated.
Thanks =)

Just realized how 'old' this thread is

Last edited:
OP, you must have patience of a saint. Did your older DS try the "living with the land ride". My older son loves nature and him and I ride this ride at least 3 times every time we are in Epcot.
He did not. I had a very good plan(i thought) a nbn d this ride was on it specifically for him but the plans never got followed =( older kids rushed through stuff, i ended up sick, i was indeed disappointed...but as I said before we went on "their schedule"(which was none at all) and thats what they were most content with so I just settled lol

I do hope my older kids want to go again someday with their kids(and mom! Lol) but if they don't, it is ok. I am (hopefully)taking my younger 5 back in October =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!