Pumping in the baby center

starshine514

DIS Veteran
Asking for a friend. Has anyone used the baby center to pump? Is there a place to store pumped breastmilk, or do you just need to take ice packs in the park with you?

Thanks!

The baby care center is a great place to pump. There are curtained-off areas with outlets for pumping, and there are books and toys to entertain any small children who may be waiting for mom.

I used to carry everything around with me and fill ziplock bags with ice to keep the milk cold. Now that I've discovered how easy it is to rent a locker, I'd recommend that your friend get a small locker for $7 and store the milk cooler+ice packs there, since the locker room is air conditioned.

Last edited:
We use the baby centers liberally ever since we had a kid. Took baby at 3 months and at 7 months old, returning again at 15 months old, baby still nursing.

My wife struggled to breastfeed for the first few months so really was strict about pumping to keep her supply up. We stuffed ziploc bags with ice to keep the milk chilled, in a cooler.

It's also a great place to refill water bottles, take a breather if it's hot, and there are a ton of other kids for older kids to play with while mother either feeds baby or pumps.

Thank you! I'll pass along the info. When you rent a locker, do you have it for the entire day? Are the lockers still handy if you plan on park-hopping?

Locker rentals have a one-time fee that pays for the whole day, until park closing time. So yes, you can park-hop and then return to the locker to retrieve items, as long as the park is still open.

Just a follow-up. The Baby Center in DCA was willing to store the breastpump and accessories (but not the milk), and the First Aid station in DL would store the pump as well. Worked out great!
Thank you for following up with your experience! So many times we wonder things, and no one reports back on how it worked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter