pumping gas

Alisha

Earning My Ears
I am a 18 year paraplegic due to a spinal cord tumor when I was younger. I live in NJ (where gas is full serve only) but will be going to college you in PA next year. So what do you all do when you need gas?

45 year old Paraplegic here, injured when I was 17. Hi. :)

Personally I just get out of the car and pump it myself. Yeah it's a pain in the butt and takes longer then it normally would but I get tired of having to wait for someone to come out to pump it.

Alot of stations have signs that say they will pump gas for those who need it but that really doesn't seem to work out. I've sat out in the car, beeped the horn, done all the stuff that was asked to be done on the sign and I end up having to get out of the car anyway. On rare occasions once they see I'm out of the car they'll come out and offer to pump. But really I'm out of the car already I might as well do it myself.

One thing that you might consider is talking to your local gas station. If they get to know you they might keep an eye open for you and come out and pump your gas.

i'm from pa. what part are you going to college? areound where i live some gas sttions have self sevice and people that will come help. then there are ones that are just self service.

i never herd of that one is it around pittsburgh? Then i don't know what there gas pumps are like. Sorry.

DSister is in a wheelchair and paralyzed from the chest down, botched back surgery. Anyhow here in Massachusetts, Central, she beeps and the attendants come right out. Wish it were like this all over! When she goes to the carwash the van does not go through due to her type of chairlift, so again the attendants wash it for her in one of the bays. Very good to her.

Villanova is in a suburb of Philly, and unfortunately city attitudes are common out there. Most gas stations are self-serve only. I would do three things: Find a friendly gas station and use it as much as possible; try to only fill up during less busy times- avoid morning and evening drive times, but don't go too late, if there is only one employee there they will not be able to leave the register to help you; take a friend to pump for you. Trust me, a college kid with a car will have plenty of friends! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter