Public holiday in June - effect on parks

ghtx

DIS Veteran
Hi. We are planning on visiting the parks on Mon-Tues, June 10-11, 2019. I had thought that a Monday and Tuesday in June would be pretty low crowds. Then I just read that June 10th is a public holiday - Whit Monday/Lundi de Pentecôte.

How worried should I be about crowds that Monday? Is it worth changing plans over? TIA

Hi. We are planning on visiting the parks on Mon-Tues, June 10-11, 2019. I had thought that a Monday and Tuesday in June would be pretty low crowds. Then I just read that June 10th is a public holiday - Whit Monday/Lundi de Pentecôte.

How worried should I be about crowds that Monday? Is it worth changing plans over? TIA

Hey, I am only seeing this post now, and don't know if you still can, but if possible, yes I would change. Avoid public and school holidays if you can!

For reference, today is a public holiday and France, and crowds have been pretty low. BTM was seen 15 mins, Buzz 10 mins, POTC walk on…

Just checked: the dates for Baccalauréat this year are from June 17th to 24th. This is the last school exam before University, and for some reasons, it helps drive the crowds low.

I wouldn't want to be responsible of your plans, but I'm not sure I would cancel/report my trip.

For reference, today is a public holiday and France, and crowds have been pretty low. BTM was seen 15 mins, Buzz 10 mins, POTC walk on…

I contributed that to the 8th this year is in the middle of the week, two days after the Spring break is over, and it's quite rainy today and the last few days in Chessy.
The 10th of June is a Monday, connected to the weekend, making it easier from people in France further away from Paris to come over to DLP, and will most likely have better weather.
Also the 10th of June will be a day off in more European countries, making it attractive to come over for the weekend.

If you can't be flexible with your dates, I would go and on Monday use your time to roam around the park, do whatever you can, see the shows etc and on Tuesday try to get as much done as possible.

I contributed that to the 8th this year is in the middle of the week, two days after the Spring break is over, and it's quite rainy today and the last few days in Chessy.
The 10th of June is a Monday, connected to the weekend, making it easier from people in France further away from Paris to come over to DLP, and will most likely have better weather.
Also the 10th of June will be a day off in more European countries, making it attractive to come over for the weekend.

If you can't be flexible with your dates, I would go and on Monday use your time to roam around the park, do whatever you can, see the shows etc and on Tuesday try to get as much done as possible.

As a local that goes to the park almost every week, if not more, what is certain is that actual crowd level are sometimes unpredictable. I remember going once on the 15th of August, middle of the summer, and public holiday in many European countries. Weather was perfect, and yet I completed all rides and attractions in the beginning of the afternoon, and had to make a last minute reservation at Walt's just because I still had plenty of time left.

The cast members I spoke with today shared than the attendance was actually lower, not only today, but so far, for the whole week. Which means that even DLP, with all the data they have about hotels/tickets, is not always able to guess what the crowd level will actually be.

To OP, once again, I wouldn't want to take any responsibility in your vacation decisions. Just my two cents here, crowd prediction is not an exact science! Whatever your final call, enjoy your time here, and please, let us know! :thumbsup2

Thanks for all the advice! We are more or less inflexible so will be going to the Studios on Monday the 10th (holiday) then to Disneyland Park on Tuesday the 11th. Our expectations are pretty modest for the Studios - as long as we can ride Ratatouille, Crush, and the tram tour we’ll be happy!

Thanks for all the advice! We are more or less inflexible so will be going to the Studios on Monday the 10th (holiday) then to Disneyland Park on Tuesday the 11th. Our expectations are pretty modest for the Studios - as long as we can ride Ratatouille, Crush, and the tram tour we’ll be happy!

Whatever the day, Crush's Coaster is an easy one, as long as you have EMT. Then, you'll have plenty of time to get a FP for Ratatouille and ride Studio Tram Tour. At 11:00 you'll be done and you'll even have complete more rides and shows. ;)

Whatever the day, Crush's Coaster is an easy one, as long as you have EMT. Then, you'll have plenty of time to get a FP for Ratatouille and ride Studio Tram Tour. At 11:00 you'll be done and you'll even have complete more rides and shows. ;)
Thanks! Unfortunately we don’t have EMT, but we’ll be there at regular rope drop. Hope the queue isn’t too long!

Bumping this thread. Yesterday was a public holiday, today is not [and for those catching up with this thread later, tomorrow is Saturday].

DW and I went to the parks today, crowded as we have rarely seen. We didn't expect that an attendance that high!

Bumping this thread. Yesterday was a public holiday, today is not [and for those catching up with this thread later, tomorrow is Saturday].

DW and I went to the parks today, crowded as we have rarely seen. We didn't expect that an attendance that high!

I saw the pictures on ED92, today was not a good day to be at the parks!
Most of my French colleagues had taken the day off (or were obliged to take the day off) because of Thursday.

We went on Wednesday (the day before the Ascension Day holiday), and it was busy. All of the minor rides had real (not just posted) 20-30 minute waits all day.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!