PTR Surprising the Teenager- December 2020

This is my last Birthday replay before fall when I’ll have new stuff. G’s bday is September and B’s is in October.
Last year G went with a Fantastic Beasts and Where to find Them theme.510389
We had butterbeer cupcakes and a Niffler cake.

B decided to go with a Duke Blue Devils Basketball theme.
This year B will probably choose basketball in some form. That is what he loves right now.
I think G may be leaning toward Stranger Things. She’s mentioned having an Eggo Waffle bar which would be fun. We’ll have to tie Universal/HP in too since that goes with her gift. I’m brainstorming some fun ideas for a trip reveal. I’ll give her the meetup tickets as her first gift to open since some of the rest of the family wants to send her with Universal Studios gift cards to buy something fun.

You are so creative! Love all the birthday celebrations and Halloween costumes. It is a fantastic present and I know she will be thrilled! 🎉

Good morning. I thought I’d check in even though I don’t have much trip report info.
G’s actual birthday is less than a month away. I’m excited for the reveal, I want to make plans with her involvement.
This year it looks like she will want a Stranger Things theme. We’ve already decided to have a brunch with An Eggo Waffle bar.

We are slowly but surely getting ready for school to start back. As if right now it’s looking like August 19 is day 1. The kids school supplies are ready ( except for Clorox wipes, haven’t seen those since February!) We will get haircuts this week.
G took Krum the dog with her to the Vet Clinic today to get her yearly shots and check up. 515582

I am so proud of G. She’s been working toward becoming a Certified Veterinary Assistant for about 10 months. She finished yesterday! She had to take a college level course from Texas A&M, have over 500 hours In a vet clinic, have a certified vet sign off on 80 skills, and yesterday she took the online exam through the college.
516005Not
Bad at all for a kiddo who is not quite 13 yet. She was worried about the college level test but did quite well. I cannot wait to surprise her with her trip!

View attachment 516004
I am so proud of G. She’s been working toward becoming a Certified Veterinary Assistant for about 10 months. She finished yesterday! She had to take a college level course from Texas A&M, have over 500 hours In a vet clinic, have a certified vet sign off on 80 skills, and yesterday she took the online exam through the college.
View attachment 516005Not
Bad at all for a kiddo who is not quite 13 yet. She was worried about the college level test but did quite well. I cannot wait to surprise her with her trip!

Fabulous achievement for your daughter......she certainly has worked hard for the result she got, and must be so dedicated!

And she has certainly earned the trip for her endeavours.

Congratulations to G :thumbsup2

I made a few adjustments to our trip yesterday. I was worried that if our flight got delayed for some reason on Saturday that we might end up missing valuable meetup time.
After talking to my sister we decided to leave Friday as late as possible and add a little cushion time to our travels.
She works at a school about 50 minutes from home. She can leave at 2pm and not lose any sick time. I was easily able to change our Southwest flight from early Saturday morning to 6:30 pm Friday. If C leaves work at 2, she can be at my house by 3. We can leave immediately to grab G from school from there. G will not be counted absent as her last class starts at 2:50. She will only miss the last half hour.
We can get to the airport by 4:30 which gives us plenty of time to get going, especially since the airport is small.
I called Cabana Bay and had no problems adding a day at the fantastic Orlando Informer discounted rate to our existing reservation.
In a fortunate turn of events we gained a night and most of a day in Florida and I ended up getting a flight point refund of almost 15,000 points. Very win-win!

Tomorrow is the first day of school here. We will see how it goes. Our town is tiny and was hit with the virus really hard in the beginning. The first large outbreak in the Texas panhandle was originally traced back to the boys regional basketball tournament which we played in. As close knit as it is here I figure everyone has at least been exposed and cases in our town are pretty nonexistent. We let school out in the spring after it was discovered that the janitor from school had Covid. By the time we knew what was wrong it was too late. I'm hoping that our early troubles will help it be safer for the kids now. My kiddos are looking forward to getting back to somewhat normal. G will miss the vet clinic and our barn cat had kittens that she just let us find so B has been spending his free tie taming kittens. He is a little sad as his best friend has decided to homeschool permanently. They live pretty far away so the commute was hard but he will definitely be missed from our small class.

Gorgeous kitties.....and love the names too.

That is a win-win.....and glad you could add the extra night at CBay. And hope school goes well for them.....such a stressful time......

Tomorrow is G’s party.
I’ve made up a packet for her with all the trip details in it. She did decide on a Stranger Things party so we’ve had fun with that. We got all the Christmas lights out of storage and we strung them up all over the living room along with Will Byers missing posters.
522558i
I just finished her Bday cookies. We are having an Eggo waffle bar and some Scoops Ahoy ice cream.

Sorry it has taken so long to post about the party. This time of year is crazy.
We had G’s Stranger Things party. I made cookies and we had an Eggo Waffle Bar set up.
We got out the Christmas Lights to make the house look like Joyce’s from the tv show. It was quite festive and fun.
I also printed off some Will Byers Missing posters.
The party was great fun. Most of the family had no idea about the Theme having not watched the show But we had fun anyways. Her friends came over a different day and they all got the fun references.

Glad the party and the reveal went well.....she looks so happy!

And the party looked lovely......I`m sure everyone had a lot of fun.......now the countdown begins..... :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!