PTR 7 Night Eastern Caribbean - Fantasy - May 4th 2013

Tinkerboy00

DIS Veteran
We just took our second Disney cruise back in Sept to the Bahamas and the whole cruise wishing we had more time.

So as soon as we came home we booked our next one - this time to St Maarten and St Thomas onboard the Fantasy leaving May 4th, 2013

DH and I are both originally from Florida (Gainesville) and now living in the Boston area for the past six years. We are HUGE Disney nerds, and go home to visit the park ...ahem I mean family...about 2-4 times a year.

We collect Disney stuff, especially Vinylmations and will be turning our second room into a Disney themed baby's room as we hope to adopt in 2013.

Our favorite park is Epcot, where we actually had our second date during F&W. We count that as our anniversary, and got married on the same date. So we often go back during F&W for our anniversary. As he comes from German ancestry and I from French we love those pavilions the most.

DH works in Human Resources and I am a Yoga, Spin and Pilates teacher.

We are going home and to Disney this week actually for the holidays and I super excited to get back down. I cant go more than three months without a Disney trip. I cant wait to have a child and be able to share this all with them as well.

I really hope we can have the adoption process done and completed and the child with us before this cruise so we can experience it all again through their eyes.

More to come....

We are starting to look at excursions and activities for when we are not aboard the ship. We know we are definitely getting a cabana again.

For our last cruise in Sept we got a cabana at Castaway Cay and it was money well spent.

When we went to book in Sept they were all sold out. DH literally double checked every day and eventually someone cancelled and we got one! It was the best part of our trip! DH hates the sun and Im a sun worshipper. So I was able to sit out and sun while he sat inside in the shade/cooler part of the cabana.

We could still see and talk to each other so it was perfect. The services like free water, diet coke, towels, and sun screen were just a great added touch that we didnt have to worry about carrying those things on to the island. We ordered a bucket of beers, and nibbled on the fruit and chips that were part of the service package.

We really wanted one on the adults beach but the only one that popped up was on the family beach. But when we got there it was the last cabana at the end, so we only had people on one side. The other side was a private area where no quests were allowed. The water was low in front of our cabana, enough to cool off in, and there was a small patch of beach between us and the next cabanas over so it was like having our own private little cove. I even did Yoga on the beach in front of our cabana and it was very private and peaceful.

We did notice names on the cabanas but throughout the day most of them were empty. We thought who would spend that much money and then NOT come use it.

So we are hoping that when we book this time we can request that same cabana. Here are some pics of our Cabana from the Sept trip, just for your viewing pleasure and information.

178_zps1a76cae9.jpg

177_zpsf41fc38f.jpg

174_zpsbd53505f.jpg

172_zps4976299e.jpg

The cabana looks so wonderfully peaceful.

All three of my sisters are adopted, or as my brother and I who are "homemade" said when we were little, "leased with the option to buy" as they were foster children first. :)

The cabana looks so wonderfully peaceful.

All three of my sisters are adopted, or as my brother and I who are "homemade" said when we were little, "leased with the option to buy" as they were foster children first. :)

thats so cute.

I woke up to more snow today. The perfect day to dream about/beginning some planning on our cruise. I think rather than doing the booked excursions I want to explore the island by ourselves.

I bought a book on St. Martin. I really want to do the French side of the island, and I think the boats come in on the Dutch Side. So we have to figure out how to get to the other side of the island. Taxis and car rentals are an option so we might do that.

I really want to spend the day in Marigot (the French side capital), it sounds very Frenchy with all the shops, cafes etc. Very quaint, and right on the ocean.

Have lunch at La Vie En Rose, some shopping along the main strip. Sounds like perfection. I want to go to one of the French pharmicies there and stock up on French skincare that is hard to find stateside.

Now to find a book on St. Thomas and make plans for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter