PTN will end nov 7th

And here I am excited about November! I am looking forward to the Festival of Holidays, and I am looking forward to Viva Navidad's return. I'm hoping Almost Kosher will be back.

And here I am excited about November! I am looking forward to the Festival of Holidays, and I am looking forward to Viva Navidad's return. I'm hoping Almost Kosher will be back.

Oh yes! I like viva Navidad!

Night time is just gonna be a bit sad. Disneyland park is going to be crowded at night with the parade at 6 and all the shows over there.

Hoping that it’ll either return to DL after the holidays or make its way to WDW. My future vacation plans for next year are up in the air as I decide between the two resorts. And I’m dying to see PTN.

Sounds like more Disney cost cutting. They have to pay for buying Fox some how and when Disney needs to pay for something the parks is often where they go to cut costs.

Exactly this. Big time Disneyland apologists hate it when this point is made, but it bears out true too often to be a false narrative.

I guess we should have expected this. Why would Disney provide the entertainment people expect with their expensive admission. Why not set up over priced food for sale along the parade route instead?

This is what makes me mad. APs have gone from $500 when I first started buying them in 2014 (just 4 years ago) to well over $800. And for what? For that price and the price of daily/multi-day parkhoppers, F! and WOC should be nightly and PtN should never be cancelled. I've said it before and I'll say it again: if Disney Hollywood Studios in FL can do a parade and F! nightly with roughly half the yearly attendance of DL, then DL should be able to do the same with F! and PtN.

Really, and DL fans will hate this, they might as well send PtN to WDW so fans can actually see the parade nightly for the next 10 years instead of from time to time as per DL modus operandi.

Our passes expire in Nov. It's sad that I'm actually relieved we aren't renewing our passes. Too much chaos going on and has become more of a bummer as our planning continues finding out all that is changing/closing once our trip is already scheduled.

I'm with you here. We didn't renew after last November and won't be getting passes again or going on our annual mid-Nov trip this year. And I feel relieved. Yeah, I miss not looking forward to a DL Christmas-time trip. But the fact that I'm not having to feel upset because once again DL cancels WOC, PtN and who know what else they cancel every year around this time....that's a feeling I don't miss. We did one park hopper day in summer and I feel like we got everything done that we wanted.

So in a nutshell, no night entertainment in DCA. That will do wonders for spreading out crowds.

I've been saying for years, DL needs a third gate. Instead, they crowd more people into DL with SWL and soon MarvelLand at DCA. A third gate would've spread out the crowds, attracted more people worldwide (like WDW does), and added a revenue to Disney with people wanting to do the third park. And don't give me the "they don't have space to build" argument. They've purchased Carousel Inn and the parking behind it. They have other lots. And they just bought Fox, for crying out loud. They have the money to do whatever they want.

Hope packed it's bags and already walked out the door for us on our trip....

Man, I feel your pain. Nothing like planning for the perfect trip and then Disney pulls the rug out from under you 1 month before you go. I've been there. Shoot, most of us have been there. Just try to concentrate on the fact that you won't be at work ( a real plus ) and that you won't have to spend time fighting lines and crowds to get the perfect WoC or PtN viewing areas. Less stress.

Don’t lose hope people! Until late fall arrives or Disney comes out and says WoC isn’t returning till next year there’s still a chance it could be back this Holiday season.
I'm still hoping for WOC to return by Thanksgiving. I know Disney is holding out hope too. But they are going to make sure the repair is done right, so this doesn't happen again.

Exactly this. Big time Disneyland apologists hate it when this point is made, but it bears out true too often to be a false narrative.

This is what makes me mad. APs have gone from $500 when I first started buying them in 2014 (just 4 years ago) to well over $800. And for what? For that price and the price of daily/multi-day parkhoppers, F! and WOC should be nightly and PtN should never be cancelled. I've said it before and I'll say it again: if Disney Hollywood Studios in FL can do a parade and F! nightly with roughly half the yearly attendance of DL, then DL should be able to do the same with F! and PtN.

Really, and DL fans will hate this, they might as well send PtN to WDW so fans can actually see the parade nightly for the next 10 years instead of from time to time as per DL modus operandi.

I'm with you here. We didn't renew after last November and won't be getting passes again or going on our annual mid-Nov trip this year. And I feel relieved. Yeah, I miss not looking forward to a DL Christmas-time trip. But the fact that I'm not having to feel upset because once again DL cancels WOC, PtN and who know what else they cancel every year around this time....that's a feeling I don't miss. We did one park hopper day in summer and I feel like we got everything done that we wanted.

I've been saying for years, DL needs a third gate. Instead, they crowd more people into DL with SWL and soon MarvelLand at DCA. A third gate would've spread out the crowds, attracted more people worldwide (like WDW does), and added a revenue to Disney with people wanting to do the third park. And don't give me the "they don't have space to build" argument. They've purchased Carousel Inn and the parking behind it. They have other lots. And they just bought Fox, for crying out loud. They have the money to do whatever they want.

Man, I feel your pain. Nothing like planning for the perfect trip and then Disney pulls the rug out from under you 1 month before you go. I've been there. Shoot, most of us have been there. Just try to concentrate on the fact that you won't be at work ( a real plus ) and that you won't have to spend time fighting lines and crowds to get the perfect WoC or PtN viewing areas. Less stress.

I can’t like these posts enough. Some of the most sensible points I’ve ever seen written about Disney. And yes I’m probably one of those overall Disney apologists and have been drinking the kool aid for years but even I am beginning to see things as they are now. I’ve just had a horrible experience regarding my December 2019 booking at WDW which all boils down to the fact they want more money and because it’s when their SWGE is opening. So it’s made these posts even more stand out for me right now. Thanks for your thoughts!

I’ve just had a horrible experience regarding my December 2019 booking at WDW which all boils down to the fact they want more money and because it’s when their SWGE is opening. So it’s made these posts even more stand out for me right now. Thanks for your thoughts!

It's exactly why I don't have a Disney trip planned. It's been 16 years since I've not been working on a Disney vacation. I know my youngest kid wants to go back and experience everything. But the older two aren't as hyped as they used to be. And me and the wife, we want to take them different places. D.C., Mexico, Hawaii. A place where they can see more of the world, and a place where my money goes further than it does at Disney.

I can’t like these posts enough. Some of the most sensible points I’ve ever seen written about Disney. And yes I’m probably one of those overall Disney apologists and have been drinking the kool aid for years but even I am beginning to see things as they are now. I’ve just had a horrible experience regarding my December 2019 booking at WDW which all boils down to the fact they want more money and because it’s when their SWGE is opening. So it’s made these posts even more stand out for me right now. Thanks for your thoughts!

What happened In regard to your dec 2019 booking?

What happened In regard to your dec 2019 booking?

I’m in the UK and we booked with an agent for the first time ever. Always do DIY as find it cheaper but this agent was £400/$520 cheaper then Disney direct for Yacht Club for 15 nights. Disney took November and December 2019 bookings off sale for UK guests 2 months later and cancelled our booking - they basically over allocated rooms to UK agents for around the time SWGE will open >:(

I agree with your general thoughts - but just want to clarify that Hollywood Studios does not have a parade. They haven't had one in many years. The parade at Animal Kingdom was cancelled many years ago, as well.

In fact, when we were there in August there was only one parade on property, the afternoon parade at Magic Kingdom. I think that is still the case.

Its not just DL that plays the disappearing options game.

I shouldn’t hold my breath, but I’m hoping PTN returns after the holidays. Or heads over to WDW.

Someone needs a night parade.

I agree with your general thoughts - but just want to clarify that Hollywood Studios does not have a parade. They haven't had one in many years. The parade at Animal Kingdom was cancelled many years ago, as well.

In fact, when we were there in August there was only one parade on property, the afternoon parade at Magic Kingdom. I think that is still the case.

Its not just DL that plays the disappearing options game.

Whoa! I had no idea! I haven't been since Dec 2012. 6 years doesn't seem like that long ago, but it apparently is. I remember when they said they were taking out the parade from AK. I was shocked at that. Such a beloved parade - especially the Christmas version. And I know that the Pixar Play Parade used to be at DHS, but they replaced it with something else I thought. And then Epcot....that park was just too adult for a parade. And although the one they had back in 2002 fit Epcot, it was weird and didn't attract the families that a parade is supposed to.

No wonder the MK parade is so popular. It's the only one left. They really should have one at DHS or AK. But.....$$$$ :mad: They squeeze every last cent out of those parks. But at least they all have night time spectaculars at each park every night in FL. DL could learn a lesson from that.

We will be visiting in early Dec but Mon-Thurs which I am sad to see will eliminate Fantasmic. I'm still holding out some hope for WoC!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter