PSA: WiFi at WDW

Mickey's Best Girl

DIS Veteran
We just got back from a 13 night stay and I’d like take a moment and tell my fellow Canucks - if you can get a cheap roaming package for your trip, do it!

We have taken many trips depending on Disney’s WiFi and never had any major issues with Disney’s WiFi until this past trip. The WiFi was abysmal!!! There is nothing more frustrating than have the signal go in and out constantly while you’re trying to make plans, update fastpasses, mobile order or make dining reservations. At the resorts I found you either need to be in your room or the main building - no arrangements can be made en route to one or the other.

Other than that frustration we had an amazing time!

Any chance it was your phone?

I ask because I had a similar experience on my most recent trip, after several trips when I thought the WiFi coverage was fine. But in my case I'm pretty sure it was the phone, or at least the phone was a contributing factor. I've also noticed issues with this phone in other marginal coverage areas, including my bedroom at home. My husband had better luck with his Pixel. Several times I had to use his phone to update fastpasses or whatever else I was trying to do. My phone was okay if I was standing still in a good coverage location, but useless otherwise. And yes, it was tremendously frustrating! My take is that WDW's WiFi coverage is marginal in many areas; some phones can handle that, others not so much.

I have to agree with the OP. I've never had as many problems with it as I did this last week. It was really frustrating as you thought you had a good signal and then poof it was gone, even though you hadn't moved! We tried to do the Agent P game on my phone and it was pointless. There was a few spots where you had to have the phone with in range of the game but there was no wifi signal in that spot. I have a package that gives me 100mb a day but without realizing how much the wifi was dropping the first day I actually exceeded that amount. I didn't have as much trouble in the room but, sitting on my bed watching tv I realized I had no cell service itself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!