PSA: Check you Magical Express reservations

MUtiger98

Mouseketeer
My trip is in 3 weeks. My MBs arrived last week, but I hadn't seen anything for Magical Express, so I called this morning--it turns out that all my ME information was deleted from their system at some point. Thank goodness I thought to look; it wouldn't have been very magical to arrive to no transportation!

My trip is in 3 weeks. My MBs arrived last week, but I hadn't seen anything for Magical Express, so I called this morning--it turns out that all my ME information was deleted from their system at some point. Thank goodness I thought to look; it wouldn't have been very magical to arrive to no transportation!

Thank you. This has happened to me approximately the last 2-3 times I have gone to WDW. I use to call when I made my ressies, I think now I will just call
right before my MBs are to ship and hopefully all will be good. Last time in January, they didn't have my return flight any longer (there were three of us) and I had
to call the day before departure since I didn't receive any ME mail on my door. It was easy to fix but just annoying.

Thanks again for the PSA.

Was at any time your Magical Express information viewable on your computer screen?

Would have been a good idea to print screen it. Also asked for and written down the name and city of everyone you talked to on the phone.

With those materials I'm sure you will not find no transportation at the DME welcoming area.

Thank goodness I thought to look; it wouldn't have been very magical to arrive to no transportation!

You would NOT have been without transportation on MDE. Practically speaking, it is not a requirement that you make a reservation on MDE before you arrive. If you have a Disney Resort Reservation, you are entitled to a trip from MCO to your resort and a trip from your resort to MCO. What would have happened in your case, had you not asked about it, is when you arrived at DME, they'd scan your magic band and the system would tell the CM that you didn't have an MDE reservation. In the past, that would've meant they'd ask you to step to the counter while they set up that MDE reservation right there. They'd then send you on your way to the appropriate DME bus. I'm not sure they send you to the counter anymore. Scanning the MB will reveal the resort reservation details and could now result in an automatic reservation being created and the CM just pointing you to the right line. In any case, you would NOT have been stranded without transportation.

Steve

You would NOT have been without transportation on MDE. Practically speaking, it is not a requirement that you make a reservation on MDE before you arrive. If you have a Disney Resort Reservation, you are entitled to a trip from MCO to your resort and a trip from your resort to MCO. What would have happened in your case, had you not asked about it, is when you arrived at DME, they'd scan your magic band and the system would tell the CM that you didn't have an MDE reservation. In the past, that would've meant they'd ask you to step to the counter while they set up that MDE reservation right there. They'd then send you on your way to the appropriate DME bus. I'm not sure they send you to the counter anymore. Scanning the MB will reveal the resort reservation details and could now result in an automatic reservation being created and the CM just pointing you to the right line. In any case, you would NOT have been stranded without transportation.

Steve

What about your return flight, though? I would imagine you would have to provide that information at some point.

What about your return flight, though? I would imagine you would have to provide that information at some point.
Yes! Returning to MCO on the “Tragical” Express requires a reservation. If you haven’t set it up before your trip, you should always make a reservation at least 24 hours in advance.

I set up my return trip at something like 11pm my last night, with a 6 or 7am flight. It was not a problem at all fwiw.

Not saying it’s never a problem. Just that I didn’t have one.

I have a question too, regarding ME. I always make the reservations separately because I usually make the plane reservations at a different time from the hotel reservations, then I go and register for ME on their online form. Would this appear on my reservation, or not, because its a separate site? I have an email confirming my ME details for my upcoming trip. Which maybe I should print, seeing the subject of this thread.

Eh, no huge deal if they didn't have it
They won't leave you stranded at the airport
They'll log you in right there at the terminals at MCO

They ask about the return trip at that time too. They always ask if we want to set ours up since it's not done. We don't use ME to return
I have a question too, regarding ME. I always make the reservations separately because I usually make the plane reservations at a different time from the hotel reservations, then I go and register for ME on their online form. Would this appear on my reservation, or not, because its a separate site? I have an email confirming my ME details for my upcoming trip. Which maybe I should print, seeing the subject of this thread.
Go to the Online Check in screen (this is on the app but it's also on the website version too)
If you see the Arrival Time like this, you aren't set up for ME
B0A254C3-DCC9-4576-A38C-7D58086A2CF3.jpg

But if you see this,
You are set up for ME
BF2019D9-C798-4F57-BF8A-9431FE0E9444.jpg

It worked! It didn't mention a time, but it did say Disney's Magical Express Transportation and that mine and my friend's pins are set. Thanks Angi!

It worked! It didn't mention a time, but it did say Disney's Magical Express Transportation and that mine and my friend's pins are set. Thanks Angi!
Technically there isn't a time for ME. That's only for someone not arriving via ME. With ME it just uses your flight info to know you'll be on a bus at some point that day
They don't put you on a specific bus or anything, knowing how much flights change and all.
The time is for someone not arriving via ME. They let those folks enter a best guess of when they hope to get on property

I set up my return trip at something like 11pm my last night, with a 6 or 7am flight. It was not a problem at all fwiw.

Not saying it’s never a problem. Just that I didn’t have one.
I would not count on that. Calling at 11p to arrange a ride at 3a-4a? Sorry, nope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!