Provincial plans for loosening restrictions

I was going to say do you have a backyard where you can put a blowup pool or something like that? I keep seeing on the news that there is a high demand for any type of pool this year so get it fast.

We have one of those steel-pole Intex pools. I was looking online for Walmart and Canadian Tire where you can usually get one no problem, but they seem to be all sold out this summer. Wonder why.

Received a message from Ontario Provincial Parks last night that they are extending the overnight camping closure until at least June 14.

This wiped out the first camping weekend I had booked but they are giving full, automatic refunds.

I'm in Victoria, BC and for the 3rd straight week we have had ZERO new cases in Island Health region. (I think that is Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands and Part of the Mainland East of Northern Vancouver Island.)

Schools are starting back up on a volunteer basis Monday and I got an email from DS's school that he has the option to go in Tuesdays 9-11 to meet with his Science teacher and Thursdays 9-11 to meet with his Socials teacher. His other two classes this semester are PE (not able to do this in school right now) and Computer Studies (probably better served doing this, y'know, on a computer!).

He's going to go in next week and see how it goes. He doesn't need to go back, his grades are amazing and amazingly, he actually went UP 2% in Science since March! He's in grade 9 so I am not worried about his safety there, especially since we have only 1 active case on the Island and that person is in hospital.

Other than that, our IT company started sending techs back into homes and offices with a huge list of guidelines and procedures. We are also limiting the techs to 2-3 onsite service calls per day and we have issued them masks, face shields, gloves, booties, hand sanitizer, and anti-bacterial wipes. We are also limiting the number of people in our office at any one time to 6 and we have taken out a number of workstations to make more space.

Sadly, all overnight camps have been cancelled this summer which sucks for DS since next year he will have aged out of this one camp he was going to do but we are slowly getting back to some sense of normalcy.

Received a message from Ontario Provincial Parks last night that they are extending the overnight camping closure until at least June 14.

This wiped out the first camping weekend I had booked but they are giving full, automatic refunds.
This one is going to be a nail-biter for us. We have a booking in St Lawrence Parks for June 26. SLP follows the same Provincial guidelines as part of the Ministry of Tourism and Culture, so I am hopeful they will all be open after the 14th. Kind of hoping they follow other provinces here in Ontario and restrict us to in province camping only. That would make the SLP's really quiet as most of the campers there are from QC. And yes, I know that sounds selfish, but many of those campers are coming from the Montreal area where the incidence is fairly high.

2 more cases in NB, both linked to the doctor. One of whom was a nursing home worker. So this is NOT good. Two of the outbreak cases are now in ICU ☹️ They're already warning that the contact tracing has shown exposure to people in areas outside the outbreak zone and they expect an exponential rise in cases in the next 2 weeks. And this is how easy all your progress gets set back ☹️

The conservation area where my trailer is, is opening in 2 weeks but only for seasonal campers. Tent camping is not opening this season. Bathrooms, showers and the pool will not open. I have a feeling it's going to be that way for a lot of the conservation areas.

The conservation area where my trailer is, is opening in 2 weeks but only for seasonal campers. Tent camping is not opening this season. Bathrooms, showers and the pool will not open. I have a feeling it's going to be that way for a lot of the conservation areas.
which province?

Ontario looks like they will be allowing backcountry camping soon, two weeks I think? I guess that's a bit off the grid from even tent camping sites. Still, gives an option for some people I guess!

City of Ottawa has cancelled all of it's summer daycamps. Apparently beaches are open (or will be whenever beaches open here, except for Britannia which is being dredged this summer) and basketball courts are open as well (my son is going to be so happy).

So far, 1 of our 4 summer camps (all private or non-profit) has cancelled all their camps except for their competitive athletes (canoe-kayak camp) and we decided to cancel our 2-weeks circus camp even though they confirmed it will be offered this summer. That leaves us with only 2 weeks of camp this summer, tennis and cheerleading/tumbling. We will probably hire our neighbour teenager to supervise the girls when the weather allows them to play outside and go on bike rides. That can be done safely while respecting social distancing and DH who works from home will take care of lunches, snacks and rainy days.

So far, 1 of our 4 summer camps (all private or non-profit) has cancelled all their camps except for their competitive athletes (canoe-kayak camp) and we decided to cancel our 2-weeks circus camp even though they confirmed it will be offered this summer. That leaves us with only 2 weeks of camp this summer, tennis and cheerleading/tumbling. We will probably hire our neighbour teenager to supervise the girls when the weather allows them to play outside and go on bike rides. That can be done safely while respecting social distancing and DH who works from home will take care of lunches, snacks and rainy days.
I think this is a great win-win situation. Your kids should still get some stimulation, and your neighbor teen will get to earn some money. Maybe not quite as good as real camp, but hopefully doesn't cost much more than the camps would have while obtaining similar ends.

I haven't read through the 12 pages of responses, but for those whose provinces are back at school, how is it going?? How are the kids doing with the restrictions? How are the teachers handling things?

I haven't read through the 12 pages of responses, but for those whose provinces are back at school, how is it going?? How are the kids doing with the restrictions? How are the teachers handling things?
Maybe someone else in BC can fill you in, we are in Surrey BC but did not send our kids back. Out of 75,000 kids in the Surrey school district, about 5500 have said they are returning.

Maybe someone else in BC can fill you in, we are in Surrey BC but did not send our kids back. Out of 75,000 kids in the Surrey school district, about 5500 have said they are returning.

Interesting. Is it mostly fear in your opinion? Or parents just don't see the point, with the school year being so close to an end anyway?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter