• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Provence and Paris - any trip reports out there?

anitapita

Earning My Ears
Hi, I'd appreciate any info on the Provence/Paris trip. Trying to decide where to go. Thanks!

Loved the photos, looked like a happy group. Can't wait to see your report, trying to decide between this tour and a Rick Steves' Paris tour. I was happy to see where you appeared to go to a market, definitely something I'd like to do, besides finding some good bread and crepes.

Thanks for the info! Love the pics -such a happy group! Let me know if you put together a trip report - I would love to see it!!

i just got back from this trip, and it was INCREDIBLE! Best experience of my life :) I would definitely recommend it.

the first day, we got there later in the day, and we had trouble at the airport. No one from ABD met us there, so we had to get a taxi costing $100. The hotel is charming and very accommodating. the restaurant the first night was actually my favorite. the atmosphere and decor are incredible, and there is a balloon artist :)

the views from Colline des Lauves are some of the most brilliant i've ever seen. At the wine tasting, i actually went with the jr. adventurers and did the candy tasting and played Pétanque! If you've never played before, which i havent, it's great fun.

kayaking was probably my best experience. I was a first timer, as was my friend in the same canoe, and lets just say we took many detours meeting all the rocks nearby :P
i was a little nervous, but the kayak guides stayed with us the whole time, seeing as we were in the very back. tip for this: wear sunscreen! oh i got the worst water-shoe tan! the water was fresh and the perfect temperature :)
and the views...wow.

all of my colleagues found bicycling to be their favorite thing. I had just had knee surgery, so it was not fun for me! there are no steep hills, but the terrain isnt boring.
i was told if you choose to go on the hiking instead of biking, its very picturesque.
the town of Gordes is so charming! definitely bring your camera. my family and i went to a pizzaria, i apologize i don't remember the name. There is a roundabout and it is right on the street on one of the sides of that - BEST PIZZA i have ever tasted! ( though our next trip will hopefully be italy )
the jr. adventurers are taken to make pastries at the Lôtre Restaurant. If you get the opportunity, don't miss out! I personally found it very hilarious, and they turned out very yummy :)

In Paris, we stayed at the hotel Napoleon, not the Hilton Arc de Triomphe. We had some trouble with our rooms, but the hotel itself is gorgeous.

The Eiffel Tower was amazing, as expected. Being afraid of heights, I only got the the first level. But I was told the views were incredible. But from the first level ( not from the ground ) it takes about an hour and a half to get up to the top and back. The farewell dinner was very bittersweet, we all shared stories and sang songs accompanied by an accordion player.

if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
there's definitely more to write, but i didn't want to bore you. :P

Thanks for your report! I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to hear more.

the town of Gordes is so charming! definitely bring your camera. my family and i went to a pizzaria, i apologize i don't remember the name. There is a roundabout and it is right on the street on one of the sides of that - BEST PIZZA i have ever tasted! ( though our next trip will hopefully be italy )

Could it be this one?

photo

http://picasaweb.google.com/DottiSaroufim/FlavorsOfFrance/photo#5229002626411346626 (in case the photo doesn't show up)

I thought it was so funny that the wine label looked like it had the pizza delivery number on it, that I had to take a photo! The wine was excellent, too!

The location sounds right and yes, the pizza was delicious!

Did you have Jaime and Damien as your guides? I just heard from Damien on the the 20th and he had just gotten back to Aix. They were fabulous!

Dotti

Dotti--
Thanks so much for the amazing pictures! It looks like it was a fantastinc trip--good mix of country and city. We were thinking of going on this trip, but at the last minute opted for Southwest Splendors (coming up soon), for reasons too long to go into. Now I will have to reconsider this itinerary for future trips! I'd love to read a trip report to go with the pics if you get a chance.
Thanks again!
Turtlemom:goodvibes

Could it be this one?

(in case the photo doesn't show up)

I thought it was so funny that the wine label looked like it had the pizza delivery number on it, that I had to take a photo! The wine was excellent, too!

The location sounds right and yes, the pizza was delicious!

Did you have Jaime and Damien as your guides? I just heard from Damien on the the 20th and he had just gotten back to Aix. They were fabulous!

Dotti

yes i think that was it!
oh yes jamie and damien were so incredible. We really became good friends with them, which I didn't except to happen.

We told Damien on the last night that he reminded us of Winnie the Pooh and Tigger and that we had been calling him pooh bear behind his back all week :P

the 20th sounds right, I went the 19 - 26 :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter