Pros and Cons of Jan 3-8 2019

m3owbox

Mouseketeer
Just doing a quick report as I didn’t take many pictures or notes, but don’t worry I’ll be back next month and plan on doing an extensive report. I had a 6 night stay in the Copper Creek Villas at the Wilderness Lodge with my family (My mom, my dad and my sister)

Pros: Got to stay in an alternate studio, which was great since there were four adults. The alternate studio was so big, it basically has two bedrooms. We were on the 6th floor and the view was amazing! We had a pool/lake view and could see the electric water pageant at night.

The Cali Grill: my mother and I went up to the lounge before dinner and had an amazing experience with our waitress there. We got two rounds of drinks right by the window and our waitress was outstanding. When we went to sit at our table we had an amazing server and the food was out of this world. I had the two ducks one stone and I am still thinking about it a week later.

Storybook Dining at Artist Point: It was such a cute dinner! Loved seeing Dopey, Grumpy and Snow White. The queen was so intimidating! The theming here was out of this world and I loved how it doesn’t stop with just the characters and setting, it continues to the food which makes it a once of a kind experience. The food itself was also wonderful.

Hollywood Studios After Hours event: We had a really enjoyable time here. We didn’t get our tickets until day of so we were unable to get the DVC discount, but I still feel like it was worth paying the full price. It took day guests a little while to get out of the park, while they weren’t allowed on rides they were still dillydallying all over Sunset Boulevard. We walked right on every ride except TSM, which had a 20 minute wait. We did RnR 2x and TSM 3x, every other ride we did 1 time. And we did all of the rides! All of them! And we even met Olaf.

The running trail from WL to the campground: I loved running on this trail, it was so scenic being able to run through the woods. It was secluded and quiet. I even saw deer back there. It was also nice because it runs right up to where the stables are.

Citrus swirl float: it’s the best, enough said!

Cons:

Rock n’ Roller Coaster: We did this ride 4 times throughout the trip, the 3 first times went how it usually does. The 4th time on the other hand we had a terrible experience with two cast members actually yelling at us. They came right over and were yelling at us because they told us to get in lane 4 and we went to lane 3 because it was open and we were following the rest of our party and assumed that’s where we were supposed to go. We didn’t hear them tell us row 4. But when we went and stood in three they came out of nowhere basically screaming at us. We were so confused as to what was going on and Ive never been treated like that anywhere on Disney property, especially not by a cast member. We were dumbfounded and half of us couldn’t even enjoy the ride after that.

The sofa bed: I think this is the worst thing I’ve ever slept on, I’ve been on cots better than this thing. I don’t think it’s acceptable to be putting that poor of a quality bed in a room where four people can sleep. I don’t know if all DVC sofa beds are this bad but ill be trying them out now to check. I couldn’t get a good sleep all week because of it. It was so hard and it also wasn’t lying flat, the top part would move by itself if someone was on it and we had to sleep halfway down the bed so it wouldn’t move and go up in the middle.

The backside of the Star Wars show on the stage at HS: Just don’t walk around the back when that show is going on. Do yourself a favor and walk around the front. There’s fireworks or what not for a second, and its really loud and everyone back there screamed because its scared them so bad!

The APP!!: MDE was so bad for me this trip! I kept getting kicked out of the app about 4 out of 5 times. It was always signing me out, and when it decided to let me in it wouldn’t show half my plans.

Crowds: crowds were out of this world. We managed them, we had our fastpasses and our dining reservations. But wait times for most everything was over and hour in the beginning of our week there. Cast members were saying it was busier than Christmas! When we did wait for rides though we noticed that they were inflating the wait times. Almost all of the wait times posted were actually half of what they said it would be.

I forgot to add two more things!
Under Cons I would also put the electric water pageant that was floating by blasting its music at 1022pm. I think its a great thing, but I think they need to turn the volume down. Im not sure how families with little kids get them to sleep with the music blaring. I could hear it through ear plugs with the door closed.

Also the Christmas decorations were still up the whole time we were there.

I’m not sure how I would ve reacted to Anyone Screaming at me, never mind a CM. Totally not acceptable in my book and I’d drop a note. Having the day/time would help. That’s just awful.
Totally saw same thing Inflated wait times .. at thanksgiving. It’d say 60+ and we were in in 25. Haunted mansion and jungle cruise come to mind. Why Disney? MDE App drama.. ugh! Not surprising though.
Glad u enjoyed all the other things you mentioned!! Thx for sharing.

I’m not sure how I would ve reacted to Anyone Screaming at me, never mind a CM. Totally not acceptable in my book and I’d drop a note. Having the day/time would help. That’s just awful.
Totally saw same thing Inflated wait times .. at thanksgiving. It’d say 60+ and we were in in 25. Haunted mansion and jungle cruise come to mind. Why Disney? MDE App drama.. ugh! Not surprising though.
Glad u enjoyed all the other things you mentioned!! Thx for sharing.
We went to guest services right after the ride and provided names and the time that it happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter