Proposed Disneyland Hotel Tower additional details

Only 19 one bedrooms is annoying. Are we the only people left that love them?
I think it’s an adjustment for WDW vs DLR. Most wont go to DLR for a week thus the need for larger accommodations are overkill there. So they are downsizing to something more akin to a hotel which seems appropriate in large. I suspect still with the small number of 1 bedrooms they won’t be as popular because the vacation habits are so different. Really DLR is a 2-3 day stay at most and DLH really isn’t a resort in that activities at the hotel can’t even fill half a day.

If this mix is true it’s a good and smart move because won’t strain the 7 month and they are creating what realistically most people want out there studios for 2-3 nights. This also allows them to charge more too because people will like the chance of studio getting being high and more a guarantee.

I hope the 1 bedroom doesn’t become a reverse problem for people like yourself.

But seriously, hmmm. Not excited by the high number of studios and tower studios-we prefer two bedrooms. We own at GCV and love the two bedrooms as we travel with 6-7 people on our trips.

But seriously, hmmm. Not excited by the high number of studios and tower studios-we prefer two bedrooms. We own at GCV and love the two bedrooms as we travel with 6-7 people on our trips.

Same here about being a 2BR family. We’ve never stayed in anything but a 2BR there. That extra bathroom is amazing!!! I also have no interest in a studio-heavy resort.

Oooooh, thank you for sharing! From a different perspective, we are SoCal locals with APs and tend to use our VGC points for 2-3 night stays. This resort would definitely be perfect for our usage, but I’m not sure we’ll buy since we already have so many VGC points. 🤔

Oooooh, thank you for sharing! From a different perspective, we are SoCal locals with APs and tend to use our VGC points for 2-3 night stays. This resort would definitely be perfect for our usage, but I’m not sure we’ll buy since we already have so many VGC points. 🤔

I have no doubt that the more info that comes out, the more amazing the resort will seem. I'll even think about buying in to leave it to my kids one day. Then, I will think about it some more, do a lot of math and spreadsheets, and decide that there is such a thing, for us, as too many points when those dues bill come around! I'm already reeling from them this year even though I set money aside for them. They're sobering and have a great calming effect for any excitement I feel about buying more DVC points!

Something I'm interested in at first glance. Our DLR trips are usually 4 days or so, which IMO is plenty of time. I'd have to see a point chart and point cost though, we're just fine staying over at the Tropicana (which will probably end up being closer than this property) and only visit DLR every 2 or 3 years.

I guess we'll see in the next couple of years if the thing even gets built.

I just shake my head at the mix of rooms that DVC comes up with. There can't seem to be a happy medium on studios vs larger accommodations.

We for one are booking 2BR's more than studios at VGC. I'm going to hope that they at least have connecting rooms but I'd rather they have a few more of the larger villas in the mix. IMO it's going to be a breeze to book at DL after this is built. At least if you want a studio.

Tell you what. You gift us some of your VGC points, and that way you'll be inclined to buy into the new DVC there! pirate: :smokin:

Those two Grand Villas in upper left corner look pretty amazing. The decks are angled to the fireworks over Adventure Tower, I'm guessing.

I do find the design interesting on the outside. It appears all rooms don't have balconies, those maybe only on the left and right hand sides? It is hard to tell really. Also the design seems to suggest architecturally that the side facing the DLH courtyard is more robust, while the backside is themed differently (the right side of the picture has a feature, curves/details, that draws the eye to the middle). I wonder what the backside looks like. I would assume with 350 rooms that it isn't "one-sided" in that all the rooms face the courtyard, surely half have to face out to Anaheim exclusively. So with that I wonder what the "premium" will be for the courtyard rooms will be that have a "Disney" view.

I do find the design interesting on the outside. It appears all rooms don't have balconies, those maybe only on the left and right hand sides? It is hard to tell really. Also the design seems to suggest architecturally that the side facing the DLH courtyard is more robust, while the backside is themed differently (the right side of the picture has a feature, curves/details, that draws the eye to the middle). I wonder what the backside looks like. I would assume with 350 rooms that it isn't "one-sided" in that all the rooms face the courtyard, surely half have to face out to Anaheim exclusively. So with that I wonder what the "premium" will be for the courtyard rooms will be that have a "Disney" view.

I think you are right on balconies. It looks to me like only the 1, 2, & Grand rooms have them.

Left column: Grand and 2 BR Villas
Right Column: 1 BR Villas (maybe a couple lock-off 2BR)
Middle: All Studio and Tower Studios (no balconies)

And the question: Will they separate points for City and Resort view? There is only one category at VGC. But since the pine trees have grown it's less of an issue. After last holiday season with live music ALL NIGHT and no view from 2nd floor, I am thinking of requesting a pool view at VGC!

Only 19 one bedrooms is annoying. Are we the only people left that love them?
I prefer a 1BR to a Studio. But the Studios may be designed well enough that I do like them.

I will be tempted to buy there, but with much less than 50 years left to live I will probably decide it is not worth it. I am guessing the resale restrictions will be similar to Riviera, meaning difficulty re-selling (which might be preferable to paying dues for whomever inherits the membership from me). Basically I will be dividing the principle by 20 (not 50) when calculating value.

I have no doubt that the more info that comes out, the more amazing the resort will seem. I'll even think about buying in to leave it to my kids one day. Then, I will think about it some more, do a lot of math and spreadsheets, and decide that there is such a thing, for us, as too many points when those dues bill come around! I'm already reeling from them this year even though I set money aside for them. They're sobering and have a great calming effect for any excitement I feel about buying more DVC points!

My husband and I would definitely be inclined to purchase more points at WDW before buying another contract so close to home. We loved our stay at CCV, but also appreciate the convenience of BLT as we've been "walking everywhere spoiled" by being DLR locals for years. As our kids get older though, we are patiently waiting due to their (mostly our high schooler's) intense schedules. Missing school is not an option if we want happy kids, and I'm definitely not doing a WDW trip during the summer. For now we are good with our VGC and BCV points, and we avoid the exorbitant dues for the most part. I make myself feel a bit better and thrifty by stocking up on Disney ecards from Target throughout the year. I'm also hesitant to buy more points when it seems the DVC model we fell in love with is going to pot. Perhaps in the next recession we'll grab a bit more....

Another thought is that there is no guarantee that kids will continue to enjoy Disney as they get older. We have no plans to leave our points to the kids (granted we're on the younger side). Our oldest most of the time says she hates Disney, 💔💔and we sometimes end up forcing her to go to DLR with us as a family. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Trips to WDW and Aulani every once in a while are fine with her as long as it doesn't interfere with school/activities.🙄

Tell you what. You gift us some of your VGC points, and that way you'll be inclined to buy into the new DVC there! pirate: :smokin:

Now that the runDisney races are on (likely permanent) hiatus, all leftover VGC points go towards Aulani trips. You should definitely try out Aulani if you haven’t already!😎

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!