Proof The Rumors Are True!!! TCD Relocation Plans!

That sounds great for the Port Orleans DVC.

That has been speculated more than rumored. Plus, Port Orleans DVC is controversial as all DVCs have been at Deluxe resorts thus far.

Way to keep checking! But those were actually submitted back in October, on the 22nd I think. If you look where you found these you can see that SFWMD actually had some comments that need to be addressed. After the engineer resubmits SFWMD has another 30 days to review. So we still have a little while, an this is only for the ERP they still have to get their construction permit through the district.

Hey all! I'm a newbie poster, but a long time reader on the boards. We just returned today from a long weekend at FW and I just wanted to report what I heard. While we were near the horse stables/pony rides we slyly brought up the moving of the stables to the front of FW and the employee replied, "yes you're right they were going to move the stables but the funding for that project has recently been dropped." I'm not sure if Disney's just telling their employees that or if it's true. When we asked her about the supposed building being built near the lake she said she hadn't heard about that yet, but that Disney doesn't tell them much. Guess we'll just have to wait and see...but thought I'd share what we heard just yesterday (12/12/10). :confused3

Over the weekend I poked around a little to see what was going on. Only thing that I could see that had changed was that all of the wooden markers that were all around the Settlement were gone. The only ones still in place were on the walking trail that takes off from behind the Settlement Trading post.

A few photos from the weekend. Nothing really to talk about, but I took the photos so here they are.

The service area behind Pioneer Hall. I don't recall seeing the yellow railing on the roof there before. Maybe some work being done.
FortWildernessVacationDec2010242.jpg

Looking out toward the lake.

FortWildernessVacationDec2010246.jpg

On the walking trail behind Settlement Trading Post.

FortWildernessVacationDec2010262.jpg

FortWildernessVacationDec2010263.jpg

FortWildernessVacationDec2010264.jpg

FortWildernessVacationDec2010265.jpg

FortWildernessVacationDec2010267.jpg

FortWildernessVacationDec2010269.jpg

The Tank is still sitting in the service area.
FortWildernessVacationDec2010270.jpg

River Country Area Rumor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a frequent lurker and rare poster. I have read all the rumors and remember a page with drawings etc. of the River Country site but I cannot find the thread so I am posting new. Please do not blast: I am only reporting what I heard and saw.

Last week I did a fishing cruise on Bay lake. It was frigid cold and we didn't catch many fish, but the guide was a nice guy who has been working at Disney for almost 20 years.

On the way back he took us past Discovery Island and the River Country site. I noticed there were a number of stakes driven into the water in a semi-circular pattern (very similar to the drawings of a building I had seen on this site). When I asked him what they were, he said there had been some folks out putting those stakes in the water a few weeks ago. He had a chance to talk to the people and they said there were plans to put a new resort in the area and they were doing a site survey. Apparently the resort would include an "over-water building" of some type.

He also said he parks in the River Country lot and has been informed that his parking arrangements "will be changing within 6 months".

There was a lot more but most of it was speculation. The stakes in the water were brightly colored and obviously not extremely old: they had streamer paper on them which wasn't badly discolored.

I know the old adage about listening to cast members, but unless this guy put the stakes with streamers in the water himself, in the same general area as the prints I had seen on this site, well....I will let you be the judge. I for one now believe there is something going on at or near the RC site. Wish I had taken a pic but it was just too cold and it was a brief moment.

**Anyone seen any of these stakes in the water yet?

A DVC CM at one of the booths in one of the theme parks hinted at DVC going to Fort Wilderness. She said she was more certain of DVC going to National Harbor in Washington D.C.

I didn't ask, I was kind of under the impression that she was getting her information off the disboards. :lmao:

This could be the first stage of something that was talked about years ago. Moving the Fort to a new location. I hope not

I not think there is any chance of the fort moving, lots of room to put 500 dvc room in without.

I am beginning to doubt the viability of national Harbor DVC since you can get a Wyndom 2br for $150/night as a rental. Who whould use 40+ DVC points when you can do that.

bookwormde

She said she was more certain of DVC going to National Harbor in Washington D.C.

Disney Buys Land for Future Resort Hotel at National Harbor

National Harbor Sells Land to Disney

Looking Beyond the Press Release: Disney at National Harbor

A Disney/DVC property in the Washington DC area would probably make for a good "destination". Disney has been trying to get into the Washington DC area for decades.

Disney Wages the Latest Battle of Manassas

A New Battle of Manassas Is Under Way in the Senate

Disney surrenders Va. theme-park battle

Spent a couple of hours at the Fort this morning. I saw no new indications of construction. Time will tell.

Since quite a few folks are still interested in what is going on with the stable relocation plans, I decided to check the South Florida Water Management website to see if there has been any activity on the permit application that WBI found back in October.

There has been no activity on the permit application for two months now.

The last document posted is this letter from November 16:

sfwmd1.jpg

sfwmd2.jpg

sfwmd3.jpg

sfwmd4.jpg

The letter says that the requested information was due in 90 days.

It's been over 60 days now.

Tick-tock.

I can confirm what Ynottony99 posted: There really hasn't been any sign of any imminent construction at the Fort since October.

Maybe Disney is backing off on this project?

TCD

From other boards I have picked up hints that they have backed off of the DVC at River Country. That is not saying there wouldn't be a development in the WL/FW/STOL area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter