Proof of Florida residency

laracroft

DIS Veteran
I am heading down to WDW in about 2 weeks with my kids (20,16). We live in north FL. This is my first time with magic bands and I have a question. On our first visit to the parks, do I need to show both of my children's driver's licenses or will mine suffice as to proof of residency. Previously I know on our 1st park day I had to on my oldest, but that was with the vouchers that I got at check in. Now that everything is programmed in the magic bands, do I still need to tote all the DLs to the park or can this be verified at check in at our hotel? Thanks for your input!

Not really sure what you are asking?

Do you have current tickets attached to your names, not vouchers, but ticket a like a FL AP?

When we got our FL APs everyone had to show proof of residency, non-minors.
Once we got our APs and they were on MDE, we no longer had to show any proof.

But we always carry ID anyway.

Last edited:

I'm assuming this will be your first trip using the magic bands that you ordered after you activate your annual passes, if this is the case, no Disney won't ask, unless there is a problem like a mismatch on the finger readers on the gates, your finger profile is already match to your magic band and sometimes errors occurs and then they will need ID to re scan your profile and make sure you are the owner of the magic band

Do you mean that you have a reservation/tickets that are part of an offer for Florida residents only? When we lived in Florida and used those offers they never actually asked about our residency, but our Florida address was on the ID you had to show at check-in (and they never asked to anyone else's ID). We did also have Florida Resident Annual passes then as well. My son brought some friends for a short trip once and they never asked us for proof that any of them were Florida residents. I think I actually asked about that before we got there and they said it didn't matter who else was on the package, as long as the person who actually holds the reservation is a Florida resident that is good enough. The kids were all 14 at the time so they didn't have driver's licenses.

Thanks for the kind responses. My kids didn't want to walk around the parks with their driver's licenses on them. We take Disney transportation so they won't be driving, and won't need their ID while at the parks. I always take mine as the parent. I only wanted to know about the initial day we entered.

Everyone else has given you answers on the ID issue - which I fully agree with and your 20 yo is an adult so should be carrying an ID but that is your choice to make.

To answer your question about the tickets we need to know what kind of tickets you have. Do you have an annual pass that has been activated, FL resident tickets, or some kind of package booked. If you have FL resident tickets or an AP that hasn't been activated then you will need to go to guest services/ticket window and show proof of residency for all adults - 16yo might get by but why chance it.

Everyone else has given you answers on the ID issue - which I fully agree with and your 20 yo is an adult so should be carrying an ID but that is your choice to make.

To answer your question about the tickets we need to know what kind of tickets you have. Do you have an annual pass that has been activated, FL resident tickets, or some kind of package booked. If you have FL resident tickets or an AP that hasn't been activated then you will need to go to guest services/ticket window and show proof of residency for all adults - 16yo might get by but why chance it.

It's the Florida Resident tickets. I didn't know if, since my last visit and now with magic bands, if we showed proof at the hotel upon check in, or went to guest services at the park on the first day. I will make sure we all have them. I am usually the pack mule and tote everything and didn't want to not be prepared.

It's the Florida Resident tickets. I didn't know if, since my last visit and now with magic bands, if we showed proof at the hotel upon check in, or went to guest services at the park on the first day. I will make sure we all have them. I am usually the pack mule and tote everything and didn't want to not be prepared.
It really shouldn't be your responsibility to tote ID for a teenager & an adult. :scared: Even people who wish to go bagless can slip an ID into a pocket.

Thanks for the kind responses. My kids didn't want to walk around the parks with their driver's licenses on them. We take Disney transportation so they won't be driving, and won't need their ID while at the parks.

If a MagicBand (or RFID ticket) is lost or somehow becomes inoperative, the photo ID will be the way they can replace it for a guest.

Having legal photo IDs at WDW has saved our day many times.

Every time you get new tickets that haven't been used before you have to show proof of Florida residency for each person.

I've had a home in Florida for years and have had all types of Florida residents tickets and I still have to show proof each time I activate new tickets.

I am heading down to WDW in about 2 weeks with my kids (20,16). We live in north FL. This is my first time with magic bands and I have a question. On our first visit to the parks, do I need to show both of my children's driver's licenses or will mine suffice as to proof of residency. Previously I know on our 1st park day I had to on my oldest, but that was with the vouchers that I got at check in. Now that everything is programmed in the magic bands, do I still need to tote all the DLs to the park or can this be verified at check in at our hotel? Thanks for your input!
So did you have to show ID for ALL adults when you used the magic bands for the first time? I would love to know the answer to this question...I was wondering the same thing!

So did you have to show ID for ALL adults when you used the magic bands for the first time? I would love to know the answer to this question...I was wondering the same thing!

As Ciao Mickey said, you need proof of residence for each adult every time you get a new ticket.

DW and I both had to show our ID's when we renewed our FL AP's two weeks ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter