Promo Ticket - Buying days I wont use

SarahDisney

So ... Yeah
Hi all,
I think this is a stupid question, but I'm going to ask anyway.
I'm looking at park-to-park tickets on undercover tourist. I'm going to be at universal for two days in January (I know, that's a short trip, but I'm optimistic I can still get a lot done), and it looks like they have a promo ticket that includes two free days (for a total of 4 days) that's cheaper than the regular two day park-to-park ticket.
Am I missing something here? Should I be getting the promotional 4 day ticket even though I'll only be on property for 2 days?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice!

I bought those same tickets for our upcoming trip. We plan to spend 2 days in the parks, but the 4-day promo tickets were the least expensive. Even if we waste the extra days, it's still the cheaper way to go.

When I looked, the 3 day P2P ticket was cheaper than the 2 day + 2 free on UT (so the extra days were not really free). But that sort of thing does vary. On discount sites sometimes the promo prices don't line up exactly because of how they are discounting each type of ticket. Just double-check that you are actually comparing the same type of ticket. It's easy to misread a single park and think it's a park to park ticket or accidentally compare a 3 park ticket with a 2 park ticket.

I agree with PP - if you have verified the 2 day + 2 day free ticket is exactly what you want with no restrictions, and its cheaper, go with that one. I've gotten that before and wasted a day's admission because it was cheaper that way. It also gives you the leeway to go in the park, even if only briefly, on arrival/departure day, if applicable. I know some people don't bother buying admission for travel days because of the limited time, but these give you extra admission to work with.

It also gives you the leeway to go in the park, even if only briefly, on arrival/departure day, if applicable. I know some people don't bother buying admission for travel days because of the limited time, but these give you extra admission to work with.

This is what we're planning on using them for in a few weeks. We will probably go for about 45 minutes the evening we arrive, and might go for Grinchmas breakfast the morning we leave.

I'm the same the 2 days free worked out cheaper for us and we're only going to use 2 days in the parks. It's the same with our Disney tickets we managed to get adult at child prices for 14 days and we're only going to use 7 but it was cheaper to get 14 than 7 at the time so that's what we got :confused3

We decided to get these tickets. We'll hopefully get a couple of hours in on arrival day depending on flight arrival/park hours and we're going to do 2 hours or so before we head to Disney. I wouldn't pay extra for so little park time but since it's the same price we might as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter