Promenade View Cabin?

robinb

DIS veteran
Hi there! I have been mulling over booking a cruise for mid-late April. I was going to book a 5 or 7 day Carnival out of New Orleans but Carnival jacked their prices a couple of days ago and I'm a little peeved. Cruises out of San Juan seem to be a real bargain and I was looking at the Adventure of the Seas. I am a cheapskate when it comes to cruising. I would prefer an ocean view for the light but I won't pay a bunch for it. I'd rather save money and book an inside cabin. Promenade view cabins is currently cheaper than a regular insides. I looked at some videos and the look pretty cool but people say they are noisy.

Does anyone here on the DIS have any experiences with a Promenade View?

Of the 30 cabins I have sailed in with Royal, my experience with the Promenade view was the worst. I only made it 5 hours before I got a room change. It was back in the days when ships weren’t sailing to capacity. And thank God. It was made worse by our room being in close proximity to a speaker. It just didn’t work for us. Now I did just recently sail a Boardwalk Balcony on Oasis and loved it. Perhaps others have had a different experience. If you do choose that view, I would recommend highest floor and middle section.

We loved our Promenade room on Allure. It was nice to be able to people watch and there is extra seating by the window (room is a bit bigger than interior or ocean view). We went down to the promenade for the parade but some will watch right from the window. We would book one again.
P.s. - we just closed the curtain when changing but had no privacy issues.

We loved our Promenade room......didn't find it noisy and enjoyed looking below at what was going on.
Booked another for a cruise in Aug.

I have always booked the Promenade rooms on the Freedom class...can't beat the price! So far I have had four cruises in a promenade on deck 6 and loved every one. If you have smaller children, deck 6 is a perfect place to watch the parades without the little ones getting crushed. If you are worried about noise, choose one on deck 7 or 8, those are a bit higher away. Also, look at the deck plans for the deck below. Being directly above the pub, for instance would be noisier than being directly above customer service or the shops.

We just had a promenade cabin on the Freedom in November. We have been on 15 cruises, normally in an interior. We had no noise issues with the promenade view. The only time it should be an issue is during the 70s party or any parades that might happen. Otherwise it should be fine.

Thanks everyone! The price changed quite a bit so I am still on the hunt for a cruise. My DD is off at college so we can book very last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter