• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Problems with reservations!

sydprincess

Crazy about Mickey and my girls!
princess: Has anyone ever encountered this?! I'm worried about major confusion when I check into my hotel!

I have two different reservations for my nine day stay in June. One reservation included my package with hotel and 4 day park hopper. The second is just for my room. Both reservations are at POR.

I recently called with a promotion code for my reservation with just the hotel. When the woman pulled up the reservation I had, they not only had me at POFQ on those 4 nights (?!) but were unable to find my package reservation with the confirmation number I had. To add to it, I was told (after many previous times having called) that I needed to have the package with the Park Hopper on 4 consecutive days, otherwise I would not be able to use them on a day other than those 4 days! Now I am forced to go to the parks 4 days in a row without a break, when I'm going to be there 8 days! We have Seaworld and DD scheduled in there, but I was furious that no one had mentioned this to me earlier!

Have any of you encountered this before, or was I just dealing with an incompetent CSR who didn't know what she was talking about? I now have 3 different resevations than when I first made them, and am worried that I'm going to check in and be met with confusion. Any suggestions?! I don't want to have to call back there because I get a different answer every time!!!!

Let me see if I understand this....you have 2 ressies booked. The first 4 nights/5days on a package, and the last 4 nights are room only. Did I get that correct???
Yes, your UPH expires at Midnight on the day you check out (end of package).

This should allow you to park hop on days 1-4 and on day 5 (the UPH allows you admission from check-in day until midnight of check out day.) You can have a "day off' on day 6 and then you can spend a day at DD and one at SW (days 7&8).

Hope someone else can understand all of this. Why would you expect to use a UPH after your 1st reservation is over???? You need to think of it like Disney does. These are 2 seperate ressies, and you must check-out and check-in between the two.

I think you'll have a great time!!!

princess: Yes, you got the 2 ressies part right. What I had to do, though,was this. I arrive on a Friday. No plans to go to any parks that day. Had planned to go to parks on Sat., Sun., Mon. and Thurs. I was told no, you have to go to the parks on 4 consecutive days with the 4 day park hopper. I didn't understand why I needed to use them 4 days in a row as opposed to going whenever in those 9 days. I didn't think the 2 different ressies would mean I had to use my tickets on specific days.

Also, I didn't know I had to check out in between. How she set me up is that I have my non-package ressies being on June 4, 9, 10, & 11, and my package ressies on June 5, 6, 7, & 8. I was just really thrown for a loop seeing I had never heard about the consecutive days issue before.

The consecutive days are if you use the UPH, which is what is included in the packages. This is an unlimited ticket to use only for the days that you have your package for. These expire at midnight of the night that you check out. PHPs do not expire and can be used any time. You only have a finite number of park days and pluses. Once you enter a park, a park day or plus option is used and cannot be gotten back.

You could always just go with one room only reservation, buy the 4 day PHPs on your own and use them whenever you want. It seems like you would like to rotate your Disney and non-Disney days. With a room-only reservation and your tickets separate, you would be able to do this.

I took this to mean the same thing. One reservation is a package including the UHP and the other reservation is for room only. The UHP is only good from the day you check in to the day you check out unless you take a day off the beginning and/or end. So I think they assumed you would know that you can not split up the UHP between the two different reservations.

Doing a room only reservation for all nights does take care of the problem of when to use the PHP. Remember on a package the park passes are on you room key with a start date and a finish date so they would have to be in row, not spread out over the nine days.

princess: Okay, I'm a little more clear on it now. Thanks for the info. I am unable- or unwilling, rather- to change my reservation because I got the Dream Maker with the $100 DD and other perks. So I'll stick with the UPH if it means having to go 4 consecutive days. Just wish I would have figured that out from the get-go so I didn't have to make so many changes to my ressies, not to mention my schedule. Thanks again!

Hope not to add to the confusion here but you don't mean you have the 7/4 dream maker package where you pay for 4 nights and get 7 do you?
This is a Disney Visa new member promotion.
if so then what you have is still not right.
also it look like if you have one night before your package, then the package, then more nights that you are going to have to check in and out 3 times. and perhaps change rooms each time

princess: The package was a promotion with Visa back in October, so no, it's not a new member one. But they could be similar. Not sure. I am paying for all 8 nights, though. The 4 nights on the package were not discounted. The other 4 nights, I used a different promo code and got the room for $96.

I will have to call to make sure I will not have to change rooms. I believe one of the people I spoke with said that they will treat the week as one reservation in terms of the room, so I didn't think twice about it. However, I will be sure to check. I can't see why they'd switch me if they know I'll be there the whole week.
I appreciate the additional information, though!

Don't many of you out there go to Disney on some sort of package but intend to stay for longer than the package is? How do you usually work it?

Wow - If you booked a package with an Unlimited Park Hopper it will be good only for the length of stay so for that particular reservation from the minute you check in until midnight on the day you check out. If I understand correctly the next reservation is room only at the same resort. 99% of the time they will "continue" the reservation and you won't have to change rooms. You will however have to check out from the first reservation (or use express) and check-in for the new reservation. This will require a quick trip to the front dest for new key cards etc even if your room dosen't change.

FWIW you may want check out your pricing with a room only reservation for all your nights - esp if you have a code and then add a typical park hopper pass. You may save more than the $100 in DD your receiving and have the flexibility you want as the park hopper can be used anytime, even on a subsequent trip. You would not be limited to park touring those 4 days in row with the park hopper as opposed to the UPH.

In my experience its always been much cheaper to book things separately. So in answer to your question NO I never book packages!

You may get some more/better information on the resorts board if you have additiona questions try posting them over there.

TJ

I have been to WDW 15 times in 6 years, and have used a package on only 3 of those 15 trips.

I now book my room separately and use a Park Hopper ticket or an Annual Pass for my ticket media.

Carol

Originally posted by sydprincess
princess: The package was a promotion with Visa back in October, so no, it's not a new member one. But they could be similar. Not sure. I am paying for all 8 nights, though. The 4 nights on the package were not discounted. The other 4 nights, I used a different promo code and got the room for $96.

I will have to call to make sure I will not have to change rooms. I believe one of the people I spoke with said that they will treat the week as one reservation in terms of the room, so I didn't think twice about it. However, I will be sure to check. I can't see why they'd switch me if they know I'll be there the whole week.
I appreciate the additional information, though!

Don't many of you out there go to Disney on some sort of package but intend to stay for longer than the package is? How do you usually work it?

Usually they will simply extend the package the number of nights you want but that also includes all aspects of the package, you can also book room only additional nights as you did but they are usually at one end or the other not usually both.
I always book separately except could not beat the 7/4 deal, at least not yet, if they come out with good AP rates for the same dates oct 21 - 28 then I still might change to that and annual passes, but for now this is saving me about $2,000 for the week.

They will NOT tell you that you won't have to change rooms. We had a one night with no UMP and 4 nights with a few years ago and they told us that we MAY have to change rooms when we "rechecked in" . We didn't have to - I just went down that morning and they gave me new keys with the UMP's on them - but there's no point in asking now - they'll tell you the "safe" line and hopefully you won't have to once you actually get there.

The only time I've done the UMP packages is when I'm going for a short trip and KNOW that I want to go to the parks and the water parks every day. Otherwise I'd rather get a hopper and have the flexibility to go when I want to. We got 7 day hoppers this year and hope to have at least 3 days and 2 pluses left for another trip. I love having the hoppers from one trip paid for so that it feels like a "free" trip later~!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter