Problems Getting Physical Membership Card

We became members in Feb, 2018. They were supposed to send us cards then. I've requested them two times since then and still have yet to receive a physical card 13 months later.

We had the same problem as you. We made numerous requests online, over phone , and email. It went on for almost 2 years. They kept saying they were “escalating” the issue. All through this I was being very cordial to the cast member because I knew they outsourced the making of the card and the cast member wasn’t stamping them behind their desk lol. But at the 2 year mark I kinda had enough. Sent a pretty nasty email about it and then in 2 days I got our cards UPS shipped overnight in a envelope.

Not sure if this still happens but at Saratoga visitor center we were able to get new cards made for us. We had misplaced and happen to be in areas and thought we'd try. They were blue cards and we did get better cards sometime later.

Not sure if this still happens but at Saratoga visitor center we were able to get new cards made for us. We had misplaced and happen to be in areas and thought we'd try. They were blue cards and we did get better cards sometime later.
Unfortunately they haven’t done this in a few years.

When we bought early last year, we had a difficult time getting our membership card. Took close to 4 months and a lot of calls to MS. When they eventually did get sent, we received multiple copies.

Maybe they're intentionally trying to get away from physical cards? Otherwise it really shouldn't be that difficult

I do believe some reported that they were going to print out copies of their online to use. You often have to show an ID but for those that don't want to pull out a phone all the time that might be something to try.

If you really need to exile your iThing while on vacation, you can always print out a copy of your Card and carry it with you. I’ve been asked for IDs even with a device image.

If you really need to exile your iThing while on vacation, you can always print out a copy of your Card and carry it with you. I’ve been asked for IDs even with a device image.

Tried that to redeem my pre-purchased gold annual passes I February 2019. The CM stated that I needed to show it to him on my phone, despite the website telling me that I could print out a copy.

A CM supervisor is supposed to be finding out why, after 3 tries, I still don't have a card. I'm not holding my breath on her achieving anything, since I was told the same thing on my second try! The new CM supervisor has not gotten back to me in 2 weeks.

How do you even make the request? I bought 150 points direct, but when I click on the link for ordering a card, I get a picture of Rex telling me this:
Dino-Sorry About That
To ensure the security of important Membership information and activities, this page is only available to select Member types. Based on your Member affiliation, you do not have access to this page.

How do you even make the request? I bought 150 points direct, but when I click on the link for ordering a card, I get a picture of Rex telling me this:
Dino-Sorry About That
To ensure the security of important Membership information and activities, this page is only available to select Member types. Based on your Member affiliation, you do not have access to this page.
You can't request the physical card until after you close that is the exact error you get in this case. So on your documents from DVC there was a closing date. Once that date passes you should be able to order the physical card. But up until that point your account is "restricted" and you aren't considered a full member. But really the only things you are restricted on is 1) making a reservation for before your closing date, 2) ordering a physical DVC card, and 3) being involved in a points transfer transaction.

Generally closing is 30 days from 10 days after you sign your paperwork. But check the documents for what they say. Also you can look at the Comptroller's website for your recorded deed.

In the meantime the digital version of the card will give you everything you need. I will say I've ordered my physical card months ago, spoke with MS and still haven't received it. So it will take awhile after you close anyways.

You can't request the physical card until after you close that is the exact error you get in this case. So on your documents from DVC there was a closing date. Once that date passes you should be able to order the physical card. But up until that point your account is "restricted" and you aren't considered a full member. But really the only things you are restricted on is 1) making a reservation for before your closing date, 2) ordering a physical DVC card, and 3) being involved in a points transfer transaction.

Generally closing is 30 days from 10 days after you sign your paperwork. But check the documents for what they say. Also you can look at the Comptroller's website for your recorded deed.

In the meantime the digital version of the card will give you everything you need. I will say I've ordered my physical card months ago, spoke with MS and still haven't received it. So it will take awhile after you close anyways.
Oh thanks! We're a little out from that timeline still, so this makes sense.

Maybe they're intentionally trying to get away from physical cards? Otherwise it really shouldn't be that difficult

I do believe some reported that they were going to print out copies of their online to use. You often have to show an ID but for those that don't want to pull out a phone all the time that might be something to try.
This. I know my time is limited with using my blue card, lol. But ya, I think you are correct.

Dino-Sorry About That

Are you able to get the online blue card? There is another thread where people who have purchased direct are discussing having trouble even getting the digital blue card.
Online Blue Card after purchasing 75 pts direct.

Are you able to get the online blue card? There is another thread where people who have purchased direct are discussing having trouble even getting the digital blue card.
Online Blue Card after purchasing 75 pts direct.
I've gotten the digital and used it successfully to get a discounted AP for my son. I don't know why I even need the physical card--just want it I guess.

I wanted to follow up on my seemingly never ending quest to obtain my blue membership cards. After 9 months, multiple orders, a dozen phone calls, intervention by the Epcot Lounge folks, work by 2 supervisors in member services, a nasty email to member services, and numerous excuses (outside vendor, back log, confusion over who is supposed to get a card, etc...), the cards arrived yesterday!

Wanted to provide my update. Had initially ordered online back in October (which I do not think does anything because no one can find the online request order statuses), three phone calls to member services, 2 emails to member administration, and finally a discussion with rep at Epcot Lounge. The cards arrived the last day of our trip at our house. We finally have the cards for the next trip. I would recommend continuing to follow up and speak with reps at Epcot Lounge on your next trip if you have no success.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!