• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Problem with airline what should I do? Am I over reacting...(Very Long)

We are still waiting for the lawyer to review the paperwork. We just want them to fix the system.....sounds like a lot but it really isnt. I dont want any money I want them to let people know that the airport is not good for wheelchairs etc. I want them to train their connection employees to use the lift safely and I want them to re-thinkt heir policys and procedures for people who are not able to walk on their own. I will keep you all posted. David is doing great after his broken pelvis.....he is all healed and is back to his happy , silly self!!!!

D said:
We are still waiting for the lawyer to review the paperwork. We just want them to fix the system.....sounds like a lot but it really isnt. I dont want any money I want them to let people know that the airport is not good for wheelchairs etc. I want them to train their connection employees to use the lift safely and I want them to re-thinkt heir policys and procedures for people who are not able to walk on their own.
::yes::
There are too many situations where something is in place that is accessible as long as you can walk a few steps, but there is sometimes very little attention given to those who are the most disabled.

I saw your post about needing to go thru Atlanta again for a trip and just wanted to wish you good luck and send lots of pixie dust for a more successful trip.

I too just saw this post for the first time. I wanted to just say that we had a wonderful trip in January with our autistic son and America West Airlines was fabulous. I know you may not be able to fly them since they are based out here in the west, but they, as well as our Phoenix aiport, went out of it''s way to help us. We were able to bypass the security line and go through the empty first class security line which had no wait, as opposed to the 1.5 hour wait to go through the regular one. We preboarded and witnessed them taking excellent care of those in wheelchairs. When the flight had mechanical issues and we had to get off the plane (after sitting on it for over an hour-they could not get to door closed) they let us get off first before everyone tried to stampede off the plane. We were sitting in the back row and my son was close to a total meltdown due to just sitting there for an hour and not doing anything. Then they helped us to the next gate and boarded us first again. Very nice and very wonderful. We did fly direct, so that helped tons! I just wanted to say that you should be as mad as you are and going through the channels you are to improve things, but there still are some good airlines out there! Hard to believe that these days they are considered the "budget airlines"!! Good luck and keep us posted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter