Probably dumb question, but please humor me

kimj88

Mouseketeer
Thinking about buying first Annual Pass ever. We go in February 2019. If I buy the passes now, and link them to my account, will I be able to use them to make Fastpasses when the 60 day mark comes? Will that count as activating them, or will they not be actually activated until I go to the park and use them? Thanks!

Thinking about buying first Annual Pass ever. We go in February 2019. If I buy the passes now, and link them to my account, will I be able to use them to make Fastpasses when the 60 day mark comes? Will that count as activating them, or will they not be actually activated until I go to the park and use them? Thanks!

If you are staying onsite, you can make your FP selections at the 60 day mark. Your AP won’t be activated until you get there.

Depends. You purchase essentially a voucher. Once the voucher is linked, you can make FP at 30 days out. If you have an onsite hotel reservation would can make them at 60 days. Once you go on your trip and activate you will start your AP 366 days.

The FP question was answered above.
To activate the AP, you can go to a ticket window or Guest Services. Bring a photo ID, your MB and they will activate your AP and the days start then. Be sure you also get your AP card. Most of the time I have to show that to get the store or restaurant discount.

The FP question was answered above.
To activate the AP, you can go to a ticket window or Guest Services. Bring a photo ID, your MB and they will activate your AP and the days start then. Be sure you also get your AP card. Most of the time I have to show that to get the store or restaurant discount.

We Just purchased our 1st annual passes. We get magic bands with it? If so when? Will we get to pick the colors like I have on other trips?

We Just purchased our 1st annual passes. We get magic bands with it? If so when? Will we get to pick the colors like I have on other trips?
You’ll customize your MBs after you convert your AP voucher at a ticket window or Guest Relations. Your AP becomes activated only after you enter a park.

You will be able to select your magic band color once the pass has been activated and then it will be mailed to you. So generally speaking, you won't have your AP magic band for your first trip with the AP. Some have had success with getting their AP magic band from the office in Liberty Square, instead of having to wait on one to be mailed, but I think it's kind of hit or miss as to whether you'll have success with that.

Yeah, like hiro said, you will have to wait until the AP is activated. That usually means after your first visit. After you activate the AP, go to MDE and Magicbands and there will be an option to customize the AP magicband and it will get shipped out. So if you don't have a previous MB or are staying off-site, then you will need to either buy one or use the plastic cards (though I would buy one so you get the ride photos easier).

If you’re getting a pass that includes free photo/video downloads, you may want to buy one magicband for your group if you’re not local and are just making a few trips. Some rides have a video that I think can only be added to your account if someone is wearing a magic band with a functioning battery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts