Private VIP Tour for experienced park goers?

eyehartdisney

Devourer of Dole Whips
Is it worth it to do the private VIP tour if we've been to the park more times than I can count? I've got a birthday coming up and I was wondering if this would be worth a splurge.

Hi we are theme/amusement park junkies:goodvibes. I have not done a VIP at Seaworld or Bush Gardens but I have been to the same parks over and over again (UO,Disney and our local 6 flags) and I have done VIP tours with them. In fact we have been to UO multiple times over the years and last year I splurged and did their VIP tour. It was awesome! You get to experience it from a total different view point. I loved finding out secrets of the park, going backstage with rides and shows, UO gives you front of the line on the rides for the day.

Yes it is quite a bit of money I had 4 people in my party, but it was worth it and I would do it again. It really is a personal choice. I have heard people say they like to do it their first time at a park to get through it easier and quicker. I have seen people like me that you can never see or no everything going on your own. I have heard people say I would never spend that.

I went on as many forums and trip advisor as I could to look up reviews on the parks I wanted to the VIP tour. I had found a few but not many if that helps.

Good luck! Have fun!

I have been to the same parks over and over again (UO,Disney and our local 6 flags) and I have done VIP tours with them. In fact we have been to UO multiple times over the years and last year I splurged and did their VIP tour. It was awesome! You get to experience it from a total different view point. I loved finding out secrets of the park, going backstage with rides and shows, UO gives you front of the line on the rides for the day.

Yes it is quite a bit of money I had 4 people in my party, but it was worth it and I would do it again. It really is a personal choice. I have heard people say they like to do it their first time at a park to get through it easier and quicker.

Hello! I saw your response and figured you may be able to help me make a choice for our upcoming trip :) Since you have done a tour, I thought you may have some good insight. We will be going to Disney during Thanksgiving week. I have not been since high school (so very long ago lol), so this will be my first trip in a long time, as well as the first trip for our kids (5 & 7). We were looking into the Private VIP Tour for this reason. To be able to get a lot done in a day and fill in on the other days. I was curious how many things you are able to get done in 7 hours with the tour. It seems like a long time and I am sure it would be a nice thing to do during a busy time. We were thinking about doing AK first to hit Pandora FOP ride and then MK for the remainder of the time. I want the kiddos to be able to ride rides multiple times if they want to, so that was why I was only thinking of doing those 2 parks. From your experience, do you think that we will have enough time, should do more time, or will we have more time than I am thinking and could work in another park? I know everyone has a plan that works best for them and I will have to figure that out lol, but I would really appreciate any input to help me out along the way :) Thanks!

Hello I have not done a Disney VIP tour in several years just because we have not gone back there in awhile. However, I have done other parks the last couple of years. I think the first thing you have to decided is do you have the budget to do it and if so it can take a lot of money. However, if you decide yes then I think it is a great way to see the park/parks and I recommend them. It is a really good amount of time. For example in an 7 hour tour we were able to do 13 rides, no shows or meet and greets (our choice). but we did stop an hour for lunch. I have a DD who has to be on a meal break LOL! I think those two parks would be the perfect and those ones to use it for. Especially at MK if you want them to re ride certain rides. I have not been to AK with Pandora but I hear it is quite busy. I personally would not do longer than a 7 or 8 hour day. How much time you are going to spend at a park is such a hard thing to figure out because on that day your children might decide they want to ride that one ride over and over again.:D I agree you know your family and how much they can do in one day. My DD (15) and her BF (15) were exhausted after a few hours on a tour this past summer. However, I paid for 8 hours and they kept moving!8-) My DH and I were running laps on them:)

I am going to PM you a couple of off-site recent reviews on the Disney VIP tour. These are very reputable reviews I used the sites this past summer to decide on my tours. After reading the reviews you are welcome to PM me back with any questions or concerns.

Your welcome:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!