Private Illuminations Dessert Party ..... Amazing!

Terry S

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Well, I had originally planned an Illuminations Dessert Party for my Mom and Step-Dads 25th Anniversary this past Tuesday for 21 people, which would have been my parents, 3 brothers and all their families and of course my family of 4. Well, all of my brothers cancelled for one reason or another and it just ended up being 6 of us going, but I decided to go ahead with the party anyway. We were in the lower UK area we had ice cream and some other dessert goodies and we ate around 3 small cocktail tables with full length table cloths and votive candles. All I can say is that it was simply magical. The fireworks were amazing as usual and it was just so relaxing sitting there without a major crowd around us, it was like we were in our own little world. The 2 CM's we had serving us were also wonderful. That was definatly a night we will all remember for awhile.

Have you ever seen certain areas of the lagoon where they show illuminations roped off? These are areas where they have a private event. One of the events you can have there is called an illuminations dessert party. There are several different menus to choose from. The dessert was good, but the private area was the best part.

HOw did you book this and how far in advance? Any details you'd be willing to disclose would be great. This is new to me, never heard of this.

I booked this some time ago since I knew we were coming, probably a year ago. But it doesn't have to be booked really far in advance. As a matter of fact, we moved the location from the French Island Arm to the UK lower on the day of the party because someone cancelled thier party. I got the idea last year when we were here, I saw some of the areas roped off and I stoppped to ask the CM standing gaurd at the rope what was going on. I then asked a question here on the DIS and was given a phone number for the Epcot Special Events area. I called them and they e-mailed me some menus with pricing information. You can add drinks and it can get really pricey or you can go with the basic desserts and coffee, tea and lemonade which is included. It is per person and there is normally a minimum of 20 people. They ended up letting me cut it down to 10 people so that is all I had to pay for. I don't remember the per person amount, I think it was like $25.00 per person. Plus there was set up fees and a fee for each server (we had two servers). I think I paid around $400.00 for the whole thing and it was worth every penny.

I am still here at WDW. I can give you more details when I get home and look at my contract.

"Have you ever seen certain areas of the lagoon where they show illuminations roped off? These are areas where they have a private event. One of the events you can have there is called an illuminations dessert party. There are several different menus to choose from. The dessert was good, but the private area was the best part."

That sounds wonderful. And you said you were still able to do this with only 6 people?! If you don't mind my asking, how much does something like this cost? where can I find some info on it? what are the menu options?

Any info would be great.

Edited to add:
Oops. I see that you answered most of my questions while I was still posting the questions. Thanks

I apoligize I didn't post this early, the person I talked to to book the Illuminations dessert party was Tim Blunk - 407-939-4887.

I hope this is not a stupid question but is park admission included? I am assuming no but I just want to confirm as this sounds like a great thing to do.

Illuminations dessert parties are truly <b>magical</b>. I've attended two and loved them!

No park admission is not included in this.

Yes, it is truly magical. Especially the small number we had, it was really intimate.

We belong to Disney's Dining Experience.
They occasionally offer something like this.
As an example, for June 19, we could have signed up for an Epcot Garden Party.
Sounds very cool and I would like to do one some day.
$98 pp
In this case, guests parked in the Wonders parking lot, were shuttled to the Land greenhouse for a tour.
Followed by a cocktail buffet, beverages, entertainment, and dessert with a private Illuminations viewing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter