Private chef in your DVC kitchen

lizloph

Earning My Ears
Has anyone brought a private chef in to villa for a large family reunion? We were thinking about bringing one in to utilize the space we're renting since the grand villas are so beautiful looking but haven't heard of anyone doing it on property. I have seen photos of chefs going to reunion resort.

The Grand Villas we've stayed in have had very small kitchens. (Boardwalk) While a good chef should be able to get good food out of any kitchen, it may be disappointing with four ceramic burners, a single tiny oven and a microwave. Also be aware of how many the dining area seats in your Grand Villa. Our tables have seated eight comfortably, but for a full GV, you have people at the bar.

Grand villas are comfortable for 12 guests. More than that would be wall to wall people Some of the newer DVC resorts have gas burners in the kitchens and tables for 10, plus seating at the bar off of the kitchen. They are smaller kitchens but not as small as at the BWVs. I am not sure how that would work. Would all of your family be staying at the same resort? And how many would come to the party at the Grand villa? The reason I ask those questions is that parking could be an issue, if you have lots of guests. Catering might work better although there are restriction on using an open flame heating of the trays due to fire hazards. I would contact DVC Member Satisfaction and ask this question and add questions about guests coming to the resort if that is appropriate.

Grand villas are comfortable for 12 guests. More than that would be wall to wall people Some of the newer DVC resorts have gas burners in the kitchens and tables for 10, plus seating at the bar off of the kitchen. They are smaller kitchens but not as small as at the BWVs. I am not sure how that would work. Would all of your family be staying at the same resort? And how many would come to the party at the Grand villa? The reason I ask those questions is that parking could be an issue, if you have lots of guests. Catering might work better although there are restriction on using an open flame heating of the trays due to fire hazards. I would contact DVC Member Satisfaction and ask this question and add questions about guests coming to the resort if that is appropriate.
We're really not planning for more than 10 of us and they will all be staying with us and magical expressing. They will not cater to the rooms which is why I'm thinking of the chef.

I would consider booking a nice restaurant for dinner. Then some how arrange for desserts and champagne in the room. Or better yet plan to go up to top of the world for drinks and fireworks. There are so many great restaurants on property it would be a shame to try and spend the time and $$ for a meal that might be good but not great.

I would consider booking a nice restaurant for dinner. Then some how arrange for desserts and champagne in the room. Or better yet plan to go up to top of the world for drinks and fireworks. There are so many great restaurants on property it would be a shame to try and spend the time and $$ for a meal that might be good but not great.

While my person and I are total Disney people the group I will be with are not. I have been totally thinking about doing doing the top of world lounge. I was wondering if I could get a cake delivered there since they have those little bottle service type hideaways in the bar.

My family did it years ago at another rental property in Orlando. It was amazing. I don't have any recommendations, but I would absolutely do it. If Disney Private Dining can't help you set this up, try calling the concierge at the hotel attached to the DVC property. A quick google search comes up with plenty of private chefs in the Orlando area that will do this.

My In-Laws have been DVC members since 1993, so the very early days of DVC. They used to travel over Thanksgiving, and always tell me about a chef who would come to their Villa and cook their thanksgiving meal for them. I have never heard of this service beyond this. They make it seem like it was a DVC service that they could pay for, but I have literally never heard anyone else mention this in all of the years I have been on these boards.

I don't see why you couldn't hire a chef to come in and cook? it would be no different than if YOU cooked yourself. I think it sounds kind of wonderful.

I have never had a chef come to my Grand villa at the Boardwalk but I did have a catered thanksgiving meal delivered for a party of 12 twice back in early 2000's. Everything came in family style already hot and ready to eat. No chef but a couple of servers who dropped it all off. Did same thing at Aulani grand villa in 2015 with a catered meal. We had left overs for days. With so many outside vendors who deliver I'm not sure they still do this at WDW. Aulani offered set menu's you could chose from and it cost $20.00 per person..a steal. We always do it for our first arrival night as we are soooooooooo tired and its nice to have a home cooked meal in the comfort of our villa. Try Disney dining to see if they offer a catered product.

The Jambo House GV could easily accommodate a chef and the table is big enough for EVERYONE to sit at...no one needs to utilize the bar stools which are also available, and the balconies are to die for.

DH is going to be our chef for this Thanksgiving at OKW grand villa. It is something I always wanted to do I hope it works out well. The idea of a private chef does sound wonderful, but I think even better would be a clean up crew, that is the part I do not look forward to.

A few years ago my friends booked a two bedroom at Boardwalk for marathon week and we had a friend who is a chef come in and prepare our meals for the week. We did all the grocery shopping in advance and he cooked a wonderful dinner for everyone with appetizers. He also made several meals that we had to reheat later during the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter