Priority Admission Pass- Any Experience?

AngelDisney

Dream a Disney Dream 0[;)
I just found out about the HKDL Priority Admission Pass perk for hotel guests.
Has anyone experienced this?
How likely is it to get one for the Iron Man ride?
Do you get these passes based on number of nights staying or based on the number of stays?

We are planning to stay two nights and may consider a split stay for more passes and trying out two hotels at the same time. The Explorers Lodge looks amazing!

Thanks in advance!

I saw this picture on Tripadvisor. It looks like you can use the priority pass on the Iron Man Experience.
Priority admission pass.JPG
Priority%20admission%20pass.JPG

I emailed guest relations and the reply states that the priority admission passes are offered per stay not per day of staying. So I would be getting two sets of passes for split stay unless there is a change in policy. The above posted pic is a pass offered for sea view room guests and can be used on the listed 6 rides. 3 more rides (Slinky Dog Spin, Winnie the Pooh and Toy Story Parachute) are available for guests staying in the Kingdom Club room at HK Disneyland Hotel. I wonder how it works when there is a line. Do I just walk to the front of the line and show the pass to the CM guarding the line? I hope I won't get bad look from other guests in line.

I last went to HKDL in July 2016. It was unbearably hot. This time around, I first planned to skip HKDL and visit Ocean Park instead since I will be staying close by for a week. If HKDL is offering the Priority Admission Passes, I wouldn't mind to pay more to stay onsite for 2 nights, and put these passes to good use. Touring a theme park in hot summer weather in HK is not a pleasant experience. This way I don't have to wait in the sun too much and get to enjoy hotel facilities a bit. I am thinking of spending a night in Kingdom Club room at the HK Disneyland Hotel and a night in Sea View room at the Disney Explorer Lodge. It's super expensive but I think I would splurge for once to get a more pleasant experience.

From my understanding, it's like FP without a return time, for the rides written on the pass.

Out of the list of rides available, looks like only Mine Cars is worth it.
pooh, iron man & hyperspace mountain are FP rides.
Mystic, wait times from the App, not during crazy summer time, is normally 5 mins or no times.

We are planning to stay two nights and may consider a split stay for more passes and trying out two hotels at the same time. The Explorers Lodge looks amazing!
I will be there for 2 nights at the Explorer Lodge :yay: in early Dec.
I get one set of priority pass for a standard room, figured that early Dec is not crowded as other's thread, blog and reviews always mention low wait times at HKDL.
Was given a chance to upgrade to a Seaview room with special promotional price, but really it was just the normal price difference you see on the HKDL webpage. :mad:

would be great if it was a real promo price as you get 3 sets of priority pass plus some reserved location for parade/show/fireworks.

So we checked in to our sea view room this morning (@6am they let us in our room!) for 3 nights and they gave us 9 priority passes and booked our priority seats for the lion king show. This room is huge and the view is impeccable. We are staying in the oceanic wing. So far I'm impressed with this place. Only downside - the rain drop pool is closed for maintenance.

So we checked in to our sea view room this morning (@6am they let us in our room!) for 3 nights and they gave us 9 priority passes and booked our priority seats for the lion king show. This room is huge and the view is impeccable. We are staying in the oceanic wing. So far I'm impressed with this place. Only downside - the rain drop pool is closed for maintenance.
That’s great that you can get in your room so early. I am planning to check in at 8:30 am and I hope I would be as lucky as you. Thanks for sharing your experiences!

How do the priority passes work?
1. You received 9 passes. Does it mean you get 3 passes per day? I saw pictures of different passes posted online. Some specify the number of guests allowed per pass. So, if we are a party of two, each pass would allow two entries to the ride or is it one pass per person use only.
2. Can the passes be used on any of the 6 eligible rides? Can you use more than one pass on the same ride?

Wish you a magical stay!

I can't seem to upload my photo of the pass. It allows for 8 different rides. Each pass is good for our party of four people. We've only seen one ride with a priority pass line (small world). We've just been using fast passes and the lines here are pretty short. We are trying to hold the priority passes for rides with no fast pass. Note, I live in Japan and often go to Tokyo Disney with colossal lines so a 20 minute wait is nothing to me. Nothing on the priority pass says you can't use it on the same ride. You could use all of them on the Iron Man experience (which was awesome by the way).

We also got the 3 in 1 food voucher. I also recommend it. Our lunch alone, we've almost totally recouped our money.

I'm pleasantly surprised how much I like this park so far!

I can't seem to upload my photo of the pass. It allows for 8 different rides. Each pass is good for our party of four people. We've only seen one ride with a priority pass line (small world). We've just been using fast passes and the lines here are pretty short. We are trying to hold the priority passes for rides with no fast pass. Note, I live in Japan and often go to Tokyo Disney with colossal lines so a 20 minute wait is nothing to me. Nothing on the priority pass says you can't use it on the same ride. You could use all of them on the Iron Man experience (which was awesome by the way).

We also got the 3 in 1 food voucher. I also recommend it. Our lunch alone, we've almost totally recouped our money.

I'm pleasantly surprised how much I like this park so far!

:thanks:
This sounds wonderful so far! I am glad that you are enjoying HKDL. It’s small but has its own charm. I went in July last time and the heat made it difficult to enjoy the park. The priority passes would be great to have in the summer. Thanks again for replying!

We've used two of the passes. They all had their own priority line entrance that puts you right at the front of the line to be seated first on the next run. We got a little bit of stink eye at the parachutes, but it was fabulous for grizzly gulch. They definately are a good thing to have!

Btw, at the mine cars, the lady behind me had a priority pass written for 2 guest but she was riding by herself. She had to give them the pass anyways so I guess if you aren't with your whole party, it doesn't matter, the pass is only good for one ride.

We've used two of the passes. They all had their own priority line entrance that puts you right at the front of the line to be seated first on the next run. We got a little bit of stink eye at the parachutes, but it was fabulous for grizzly gulch. They definately are a good thing to have!

You are making me very excited about getting these perks now. :hyper:

Uopdate, today I learned Hyperspeed Mountain and Iron Man Experience priority passes just put you in fastpass line. Not as priority as I might have hoped for. Still, glad we had the opportunity to use the passes. It was a fantastic perk!

How’s the Iron Man ride?
It was pretty great. It made a lot more sense to me after I took a taxi into the city and got a better sense of the buildings and bridges. The visuals while waiting in line are pretty cool too.

Overall, HK Disneyland had been really fun. Everything is smaller scale, but still fun. I've visited (I'm sitting in the HK Disneyland Hotel right now) all three of the hotels and they are great but feel like small scale versions of other resorts.

We also had a three night stay HKDL Hotel stay (Sea View room) last week and got nine passes for three people. I'm not sure why, as they are very adamant via email when I asked that we only got three for the entire stay. Truthfully, we would have gotten along just fine without them. We were in the parks for two full days, and barely used any of them because the lines were so short. We ended up giving some of them away to people on our final night.

We also had a three night stay HKDL Hotel stay (Sea View room) last week and got nine passes for three people. I'm not sure why, as they are very adamant via email when I asked that we only got three for the entire stay. Truthfully, we would have gotten along just fine without them. We were in the parks for two full days, and barely used any of them because the lines were so short. We ended up giving some of them away to people on our final night.
Thanks for sharing your experiences! I will be going in peak season. It will be hot and crowded. If I am able to get the passes per day rather than per stay (I got the same adamant email reply), it would be really helpful. It will be my second time visiting HKDL and the priority passes and fast passes would allow us to go on our favourite rides with less time waiting in the heat.

Edited:
You were there for 3 days. Were you allowed to use the priority passes anytime from you check-in day to your check-out day?

:thanks:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!