Printing Tickets

Cera1234

Mouseketeer
If I wanted to put a printed ticket in a lanyard (for people in our party who don't have smart phones to use FP that I have booked via MP) can I just print the ticket screen out of the app?

I know they will give us paper tickets at the gate but I would prefer to keep those safe. Or do I just need a picture of those in case something happens and they get lost?

You will need to scan the ticket they give you at the gate. Do take a picture as a back up.

If I wanted to put a printed ticket in a lanyard (for people in our party who don't have smart phones to use FP that I have booked via MP) can I just print the ticket screen out of the app?

I know they will give us paper tickets at the gate but I would prefer to keep those safe. Or do I just need a picture of those in case something happens and they get lost?
For a copy of the back of the ticket to keep in a lanyard, people are making the copies of the back of the tickets they receive at the turnstiles. Make the copy onto cardstock, not regular paper, so the copy will be more sturdy. You will need to have a clear image of the bar code on the back of the ticket.
Scan the tickets you receive at the turnstile into the app after you receive them and take a photo of the back of each one (with a clear image of the bar code and numbers). Some people use these photos of the bar code to scan at the return lines for rides -- would the non-smart phone people be able to do that instead of using a lanyard?

How are people making photocopies of tickets on cardstock when they’re on vacation? The non smart phone people won’t be able to show a picture of the barcodes....because what would they show it on?

So I can’t print these on cardstock and put them in lanyards? We’re getting something else once we scan in at the park?

Attachments

• D6BB51A4-E83D-46ED-9ED1-C8B0ADCACE9C.jpeg
    D6BB51A4-E83D-46ED-9ED1-C8B0ADCACE9C.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 14

Just use the tickets they give you. Snap a photo of the back of each of them so you’re covered if one does get lost, and then there’s absolutely no reason not to use them. That’s literally what they are for, to be used for park entry, FP, etc.!

How are people making photocopies of tickets on cardstock when they’re on vacation?..
You'd be amazed at DISers' ingenuity! We've had DISers who pack cardstock in their suitcases (how much space do 2 or 3 sheets take up?) so they can make the copies at their hotel office center. And if guests are visiting relatives who are locals, getting copies made usually isn't a problem. Don't ever underestimate the creativity and resourcefulness of the DLR DIS folks! ;)

So to clarify, the physical tickets we receive after we scan the tickets I posted above (out of the app on my phone) are going to have different barcodes?

Because if I can print the screen grab off my phone out of the app on cardstock before we go I would prefer that!

So to clarify, the physical tickets we receive after we scan the tickets I posted above (out of the app on my phone) are going to have different barcodes?

Because if I can print the screen grab off my phone out of the app on cardstock before we go I would prefer that!

When your ticket is scanned and printed at the gate it will have a different barcode than the one currently in your app. The App will auto update and your in-app ticket will reflect the same barcode as the one you receive at the gate.

When your ticket is scanned and printed at the gate it will have a different barcode than the one currently in your app. The App will auto update and your in-app ticket will reflect the same barcode as the one you receive at the gate.

Thank you for clarifying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter