Princess Weekend 2021

Anyone else still waiting for theirs to pop up on UPS? Trying to decide when I should email support to ask for an update :snail:

FWIW, my SIL had a small panic moment when she logged into "her" disney account to check about medals and stuff and NOTHING WAS THERE. So she called rundisney support and found out that when she registered that she had used her HUSBAND'S account. And support told her she would get her medals sometime in March. Considering that it took some people over a month to get their MW stuff, I would just be patient. I haven't seen anything other the single-event medals on social media (no challenge boxes, no "5k and 10k" boxes.) Someone in a call center doesn't know when they will manage to ship your stuff.

But I'm SO EXCITED. I totally understand wanting the shiny things RIGHT NOW. 🤩🤩🤩

Aaaaand I have a shipping notice for ALL OF THE MEDALS (hopefully?) to be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully they're all in one box and it's not one box for the 5k and one box for the challenge stuff. WOO HOO! :cheer2:princess:🥳

My shipping notice showed up yesterday and is saying delivery tomorrow. I have a feeling that tomorrow it will leave wherever it is shipping from and then I will get a new delivery date update this weekend - that's what happened with my Marathon Weekend medals.

I also have all 4 medals and shirts coming so it's good to know it's not just single races being sent out anymore! (My mom and sister already got their 5K only boxes...I'm not jealous at all :laughing:)

(I'm trying to hide the medal pic in case someone doesn't want to see them, but I'm failing so you just need to look away if you don't want to see them until yours arrive! 😆 )

ALL OF MY MEDALS ARE HERE! I’m so excited. They’re enormous (and I was expecting big medals since it’s Disney, but I don’t have anything to compare them to either) and I LOVE how pretty they are. And yes. The box is almost the size of a couch cushion. I might cut the lid off and slap it in a frame.

The center of the challenge medal is, in fact, glitter in some sort of liquid, which is super cool. The half medal has a stained glass effect (as stated above), on the 10k medal, the lanterns are on a small slider, and there are blue glass(?) “bubbles” in the 5k medal.

I was going to wait to hang them up until after I had actually done the distance for each medal but I’m pretty sure I can’t bring myself to keep these in a box for another 3 months before I do my 10k/half races. 😂😂😂

Here are the medals if you want to see them all:
BD1335A4-14A7-4F5F-9F38-710143AA607F.jpeg

So my decision to delay the half 2 weeks to a better day also means that I get to enjoy the medal immediately after finishing the half since that box arrived today! Still waiting for the 10K, but since I registered for each distance separately as I wanted the flexibility of not feeling like I needed to the run the distances on two consecutive days, I'm not completely surprised that the 10K medal is still coming.

Last edited:
I got a pretty sweet surprise when I came back from walking this afternoon - my medals arrived today! I opened the HUGE box to check them out but I didn't unwrap them or anything since I haven't "earned" them yet lol

I'm loving them; they're so pretty - even in the plastic wrapper lol

Seems like if you signed up for all the races they ship all in one box. From what I was reading about MW, I was expecting one for the 5K and one for the Challenge. I guess they must have figured out a better way to handle the packaging this time around lol

So excited! Looking forward to my delayed "race weekend" so I can earn them properly. :)

I hope everyone else gets theirs soon! :D

So approximately 5 weeks after finishing the virtual 10K, and 4 weeks after receiving my virtual half medal and shirt, my virtual 10K medal and shirt finally arrived. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and they told me that some sort of processing error had happened and they would get a new one out to me. Which they did.

Wow that was quite a delay! I'm glad you were able to get all of your stuff!
Yeah, I waited a bit because my my marathon weekend boxes came over about 1-2 weeks. I registered for Castaway Cay, the 5K, Marathon, and two separate kids races. And my sisters who live in the same area as I do received their marathon weekend boxes 1-2 weeks after I had received everything I registered for. So I knew that both boxes could arrive separately from each other. Felt a bit anticlimactic after all that waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!