Princess Weekend 2020

Sounds like a busy week. I'm coming from Canada and that week is a typical break for most of our universities. And it's just generally expensive coming from the opposite side of a different country.

I am also coming from Canada (Toronto) and I bought my plane tickets back in August, it wasn't a great deal but I though I did ok. Originally it was a solo trip but back in early Nov my Mom decided that she would like to come with me. She used a travel agent and told me after she had booked her flights that the agent had recommended getting those sorted as soon as possible because the dates lined up with the university student's spring break.

I wish we had some of the deals I hear about on the boards here that people are finding from companies like SW but I also wonder if my planning brain would be able to handle not having big things like plane tickets booked till closer to the trip dates.

I know, I wish we did. Some of my friends on Ontario drive to buffalo to catch their flights on SW and save a bunch of money. I would hate to have to drive somewhere to get cheap flights too.. that doesn't sounds like a fun way to start a vacation either, but if it helps you get there more often then I guess that's a good option to have

We booked our flight a while ago. From New England, so it wasn't super cheap, but a good deal for vacation week. However, our flight keeps getting pushed back more and more. We currently land at 2am. And because we had vacation the week before (and we're all teachers) we cannot take off that monday. So 3 hours of sleep then back to work. We tried looking at changing our flights, but couldn't find an affordable option that was late enough after the half finishes.

We booked our flight a while ago. From New England, so it wasn't super cheap, but a good deal for vacation week. However, our flight keeps getting pushed back more and more. We currently land at 2am. And because we had vacation the week before (and we're all teachers) we cannot take off that monday. So 3 hours of sleep then back to work. We tried looking at changing our flights, but couldn't find an affordable option that was late enough after the half finishes.

Sounds like the perfect day for a movie and/or quiet work day in class that day! (I'm a teacher too who has done the "fly in late then teach the next morning" thing far more times than I'd care to admit :laughing:)

Sounds like the perfect day for a movie and/or quiet work day in class that day! (I'm a teacher too who has done the "fly in late then teach the next morning" thing far more times than I'd care to admit :laughing:)
Luckily I do special Ed. Two of my classes are co-taught. but yea....my one class that I am solo? sounds like a good plan. They will all be coming back from vacation and not wanting to do anything either!

I am planning on running my very first run Disney Princess 10k in 2021 and I would love to see photos of your running outfits if anyone is willing to share, just to give me some ideas :)

I'm not big on cosutmes either. Does anyone have suggestions for those of us who aren't? Mouse ears maybe? I'm doing the 5K and this is my first Disney race of any kind.

Also, I'll be staying at POP so any suggestions on getting to EPCOT from POP on race day (what time I should leave, etc) would be greatly appreciated.

I don't do costumes. I usually wear some kind of cute running shirt with a saying or graphic on it, and a Sparkle Visor from Sparkle Athletic. They are comfortable and really pretty.

I saw people with a plastic cover for their bibs, any recommendations for this?

I’ve never seen that or heard of it.

As mentioned, they are tyvek paper. Like USPS priority envelopes or the stuff they cover houses with before putting the siding on. It’s waterproof.

Doing the 10K Princess race. Would like to get to Animal Kingdom as early as possible after the race to take advantage of Extra Magic Hour 8-9 and get in line for Flight of Passage.

No shower?

Or plane tickets. I haven't booked those yet either.

Savage!

Does anyone have suggestions for those of us who aren't? Mouse ears maybe? I'm doing the 5K and this is my first Disney race of any kind.

I wear normal running clothes. Maybe with a sparkle athletic skirt. Ears are doable if you are used to them and don’t mind sweating all over them.

oh wait. My cousin and I usually wear our tiaras from Charming Charlie’s.:)

Also, I'll be staying at POP so any suggestions on getting to EPCOT from POP on race day (what time I should leave, etc) would be greatly appreciated.

Go early. We’ll be getting a digital guide to the race day, and part of it will be timing. I’m usually up at 2am and shoot for the first or second bus.

The earlier you get in your corral, the fewer people you start behind. and that makes it more pleasant.

And we are officially at 30 days until Princess Weekend!! (at least expo kick off day) yesterday was my 30 day until we leave day - cannot wait to get on that "first ride" at the airport!!

I'm 30 days out from my leave day (and only 22 are school days...and this week is exams which barely counts) and I cannot wait! Getting extra excited for my first half!

Part 1 of my 5K costume has been acquired! I'm doing an outfit inspired by everyone's favorite pig, Pua. I bought a super cute headband from Etsy which I hope fits okay (I have a tiny head, so headgear can be tough for me).
Still gotta figure out the rest of my outfit. And decide on my half marathon outfit inspiration.

I am doing Hei Hei inspired for the 5k!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts