Princess Weekend 2020

Wow! cant't believe we know already!!

I am loving the little details each medal has- 5km the shape of Te Fiti's heart, the colours and movement of the leaves for the 10km, the pumpkin vines/ carriage wheel detail on the half, and the spinner for the challenge!

I AM IN LOVE!!! I was already excited about Moana for the 5K and the medal just multiplied by excitement tenfold. I think that may end up being my favorite medal I've ever earned from Run Disney so far! And I also love how gorgeous and regal the half marathon medal is...it will be a perfect celebration for my first half!

OMG I can't unsee it, but without looking I know exactly what you mean.

Sorry lol.

I love the 5k medal. I wish I were doing the challenge for its medal. But the half medal...even before I saw that meme I was irked at her teensy waist. Which is funny bc i know it’s traditional for Cinderella, but I thought we were moving beyond impossible standards.

Oh well. It’ll be fun. I’m psyched to do the 5 and half with my cousin. We don’t have POTs (she couldn’t find a 10k after summertime in Florida so I didn’t bother trying for rock and roll San Jose or Vegas) so we already have a plan to be front and center (well, to the side, really) in our corral, to have the best experience possible. We always waste time pre-corral, but not in 2020.

I started half training a little early so I have some wiggle room. Have already used a week of it to redo some short runs without the longer run. Conditioning is good.

Hey group rate people...

I called the group reservations number today and was able to book a room in the room block that @Keels started

I was trying to get a room at Caribbean beach for the 20th to the 29th but they didn’t have availability for the weekend portion so I’m keeping my original pop century reservation (not discounted) in the meantime and will do a split stay.

For those still wanting the group rate, it’s worth calling. Use the group rate confirmation number from one of the emails that Keels sent.

Hey group rate people...

I called the group reservations number today and was able to book a room in the room block that @Keels started

I was trying to get a room at Caribbean beach for the 20th to the 29th but they didn’t have availability for the weekend portion so I’m keeping my original pop century reservation (not discounted) in the meantime and will do a split stay.

For those still wanting the group rate, it’s worth calling. Use the group rate confirmation number from one of the emails that Keels sent.
I was able to do the same myself today.

Hey group rate people...

Does anyone know if there are discounts for tickets / dining plan with the group rate?
(I know it was discussed originally but I think it is becoming more and more difficult with group destinations so I am not sure what the final answer was...)

Does anyone know if there are discounts for tickets / dining plan with the group rate?
(I know it was discussed originally but I think it is becoming more and more difficult with group destinations so I am not sure what the final answer was...)

The woman on the phone asked me if I wanted to also purchase tickets or dining, but I declined so I’m not sure what the costs would be. It’s worth calling because they’re super helpful.

I was able to do the same myself today.

I wonder if someone should take over the management of this? My concern is that not a lot of us are able to book and how that might affect our booking. That’s why I’m keeping my original, non-discounted reservation as well.

They asked me about the dining plan, I declined, but she said tickets had no discount. I believe the discount comes only if you purchase hopper, and it is maybe $20 less. I know that is the deal for wedding and conference guests.

I wonder if someone should take over the management of this? My concern is that not a lot of us are able to book and how that might affect our booking. That’s why I’m keeping my original, non-discounted reservation as well.
I hadn't thought of that, I canceled my original reservation as soon as the room block showed up in MDE - this was Keels original email message regarding booking:

"HOWEVER - to maintain these Group Rates, we MUST maintain at least 10 room as part of the booking by the time booking on the group closes on TUESDAY, JAN. 7. I don't foresee this being an issue, but if you do feel you'll need to cancel your reservation - I just ask that you do it sooner rather than later to make sure your spot can be filled and the Group can be official! "

With this in mind, can we get a quick current tally of nights so we can gauge any chance for issues? I have 4 nights at Pop booked currently.

I hadn't thought of that, I canceled my original reservation as soon as the room block showed up in MDE - this was Keels original email message regarding booking:

"HOWEVER - to maintain these Group Rates, we MUST maintain at least 10 room as part of the booking by the time booking on the group closes on TUESDAY, JAN. 7. I don't foresee this being an issue, but if you do feel you'll need to cancel your reservation - I just ask that you do it sooner rather than later to make sure your spot can be filled and the Group can be official! "

With this in mind, can we get a quick current tally of nights so we can gauge any chance for issues? I have 4 nights at Pop booked currently.

Who did you call? I never ended up providing any payment info and didn't feel comfortable just emailing that to someone who wasn't responding to emails. I would be willing to still participate but I only wanted to do Pop and looking at those dates, its not available to just book at the normal rate, so are there rooms being held if I were to call and book one of those in the group block? I'm just not sure I trust the situation to actually cancel my existing reservation because if there aren't enough people who use the block, are all of our reservations going to be cancelled??

Who did you call? I never ended up providing any payment info and didn't feel comfortable just emailing that to someone who wasn't responding to emails. I would be willing to still participate but I only wanted to do Pop and looking at those dates, its not available to just book at the normal rate, so are there rooms being held if I were to call and book one of those in the group block? I'm just not sure I trust the situation to actually cancel my existing reservation because if there aren't enough people who use the block, are all of our reservations going to be cancelled??
My understanding is that the rate changes they dont just cancel the reservation. I called the number in the group email when the group block was confirmed

My understanding is that the rate changes they dont just cancel the reservation. I called the number in the group email when the group block was confirmed

There was no phone number in the email I got except for Keels' number which I called at the time and left a message and never got a call back.

Would I be able to jump in on the group block if I called groups directly? Would I need a group code? or would I be okay just mentioning the "Disboards princess maration group?"

I currently have a reservation off property since Pop is sold out through Disney direct, but I'd rather stay on property and help with filling the block if I can. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!