Princess Weekend 2020

as of 1:37 est on Thurs. nothing for me but My texting can be stupid at times. and I gave her GC number

UPDATE: money still on GC

Did you ever get your confirmation number? I never did. And still haven't been contacted for payment and no responses to the emails I've sent. Obviously others have gotten the info so I'm really not sure what is going on.

Did you ever get your confirmation number? I never did. And still haven't been contacted for payment and no responses to the emails I've sent. Obviously others have gotten the info so I'm really not sure what is going on.
Nothing and money was on gc yet. I was waiting for hurricane to pass thru but time is ticking.

Any more recent info on the group rate? I was consumed with a last min Farewell Illuminations trip I booked (and returned from yesterday) so haven't had the bandwidth to plan/focus on Feb.

Any more recent info on the group rate? I was consumed with a last min Farewell Illuminations trip I booked (and returned from yesterday) so haven't had the bandwidth to plan/focus on Feb.

I never got any info and no one is responding to my emails, so I literally just sent one last email yesterday to remove myself from the group block and will be keeping my existing reservation. I was trying to provide my payment info but phone calls were going unanswered and emails seem to be ignored, so at this point I'm moving on. Hopefully it'll work out for you!

13-14 has put me in the last coral during the Wine and Dine 10K's FWIW

That’s completely outside of my experience, and wound surprise and disappoint me.

That’s always my estimate, and I’ve been modeled of the pack for corrals.

Princess is a slower field in general, so it wouldn’t really he appropriate for that pace to be last in an event that goes up to 16mm.

That said, I thought I was answering for a Half, which has more corrals than a 10k. Maybe I’ve misremembered. It’s been awhile since the reply. :)

My sister ran her POT 10K today. Finished in 1:18, so above the cutoff for submission for a sub-2:45 half, I think.
Should we try to submit it anyway? I'm inclined to say no, because I'd rather know that she'll end up in the first non-POT corral (that's what we'd pick for her time) than worry about what will happen with a POT that is above the cutoff, but I figured I'd see what others thought.

I'm not worried about being in a non-POT corral. It's not my preference, but we'll make it work. Just have to adjust our expectations and hope we get ahead of some of the people early in the race.

(I have a proof of time that should put me in a decent-ish corral, but I'll drop back to start wherever she starts)

Does the 1/2 usually sell out as well? How much in advance?

It depends on the year. Last year it did not (I almost registered three days before the race). I think the year before it sold out a few months before, but I'm not 100% sure. There have been years where it sold out the day registration opened. So really, there's no one answer to that question.

Are there any group rates for hotels during Princess Weekend or is everyone basically booked at rack rate? thx

Are there any group rates for hotels during Princess Weekend or is everyone basically booked at rack rate? thx
There is supposed to be but there has been some question given lack of confirmed bookings thru the group that was established. I booked rack so I would have a room, entered into the group rate convo but no actual reservation confirmation yet, and will check for possible discounts to be released.

Has anyone started planning or putting together their costumes for the races? My mom used to make my ice skating costumes when I was still a competitive skater so she gets really into it and I often have to talk her down lol but this weekend we started putting some things together.

Has anyone started planning or putting together their costumes for the races? My mom used to make my ice skating costumes when I was still a competitive skater so she gets really into it and I often have to talk her down lol but this weekend we started putting some things together.

I have my 5K costume set, but because I walk the entire thing with my mom/sister it is easier to do that costume. I just bought a Bo Peep (ala Toy Story 4) Halloween costume and will be wearing that. I've started brainstorming ideas for my costume for the half, but I haven't started actually putting together anything yet - I've got a Wine and Dine costume to finalize first.

I have my 5K costume set, but because I walk the entire thing with my mom/sister it is easier to do that costume. I just bought a Bo Peep (ala Toy Story 4) Halloween costume and will be wearing that. I've started brainstorming ideas for my costume for the half, but I haven't started actually putting together anything yet - I've got a Wine and Dine costume to finalize first.
Wine & Dine is more pressing lol!

I'm sticking with the actual themes for all 3 races, but instead of actually dressing up like Pocahontas for the 10k (and because I have wanted to do a tutu for a while now) I decided I'm going to do an abstract of "Colors of the Wind." My mom and I are walking the 5k (her first ever race, unless we do a Turkey Trot at Thanksgiving) and doing a version of Moana, and I'll be going full Cindy for the half.

Wine & Dine is more pressing lol!

I'm sticking with the actual themes for all 3 races, but instead of actually dressing up like Pocahontas for the 10k (and because I have wanted to do a tutu for a while now) I decided I'm going to do an abstract of "Colors of the Wind." My mom and I are walking the 5k (her first ever race, unless we do a Turkey Trot at Thanksgiving) and doing a version of Moana, and I'll be going full Cindy for the half.

Yeah Wine and Dine is about halfway done...need to find leggings still and then decide how I want to accessorize the character. For Princess, I think I'm leaning blue dress Belle for the half - figure it will be easy enough to make and also not too elaborate of a costume since it will be my first half.

I’m undecided on the challenge medal. It seems super plain? I think I would need to see them in person.

5k design is really cute/on theme. I regret not running it lol.

I feel the same way that Stacy feels about the challenge medal. I really don't like the shape of it more than anything. I do like the 10K and 1/2 medals. I will of course wear them all though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter