Princess Power - September 2016 Weight Loss and Lifestyle Change Challenge

My woo-hoo is DH and I are sneaking off to Epcot today for Food & Wine while the in-laws watch the kids.

That sounds like so much fun!

Happy Woohoo Wednesday!

Today I'm celebrating:

Tomorrow my wife and I are celebrating our 15 year wedding anniversary!!!! We won't be going out to celebrate until this weekend, but I can't believe it's been 15 years!

Happy anniversary to you and your wife!

My Woo Hoo Wednesday: Our good friends had a baby over the weekend so I'm thrilled for them! This weekend I get to escape town with some girlfriends for a night to run RnR San Jose. Very excited to get away.

Emotionally I'm struggling right now. The situation at work has me very very down. I'm having a small pity party for myself I think. I got news yesterday that I had been waiting on but it was about as bad as it could be. I know I'll get over it but I"m just not there yet.

My woohoo is small today. It has been a very busy at work. We had an event when all the seniors in the CMSD (inner city public school) school district came to an event that we put on. It was a college fair plus 3 breakout presentations. The kids all behaved themselves and seemed to get a lot out of it. I have been on my feet all day and by the time I get to my car I will have 10,000 step. I am ready to crash. I am exhausted. I will be in bed early today.

This one is both a woohoo and not so much of one. My son has been being bullied for the past week or so and it started to get physical. He was being pushed in the halls and being tripped. I did email the principle but was not expecting a response since he never responded to my email about one of his classes. I was very excited that he got back to me first thing this morning at 7:45. He could give me any information but they are going to investigate what is going. It is something for now and I am not feeling a ignored as I was before this.

I hope you haven't totally given up on relationships! I am sure there is somewhere out there for you that is loving and caring in the right way!

Good luck with your doctor's appointment tomorrow! I hope they can help you!

I had for a long time and that's ok because I just needed to focus on raising the kids and healing - but I am starting to have some hope again in that department. Who would of thought my question worked on myself! I hope I didn't overshare it just seemed to come together in my mind and flowed especially with the chat with HappyGrape :oops::-)

I had lunch with a colleague and I had seen her and her husband during the weekend at a party. She told me that her husband made a comment after the party that it was obvious that I had lost quite a bit of weight! He had not seen me for about a year or so and yes, I am about 10 pounds or more lighter now then I was when he last saw me. I kind of forgot that I made progress and my current weight is lower than where I often was over the recent years. I tend to forget it because I am still so far from my goal.

That is fantastic - it is wonderful to get a random unexpected compliment like that :woohoo:

Oh one more new whoo hoo! New dress for my holiday! It was already sale in one of my favorite shops but I noticed tiny bit of foundation mark and they gave me extra 5% + 20 euro gift card. Meaning dress that was 240 euro cost me only 113!

and what better way to reward yourself for the good efforts in way that doesn't involve food!

Definitely a good reward - you will rock that dress and be looking fine in the parks :woohoo:

I appreciate all of your support during this thread! And I'm so sorry what you had to go through with your ex. It's scary to realize how another person who is supposed to love you can use that to make you feel completely alienated and keep you from being yourself.

You are welcome and thank you - I do feel like I am on my journey back to myself now.

I'm going out to happy hour this evening with a co-worker and I've already factored in a couple beers into my calorie count so I'm not going to use it as an excuse to get off track.
2. It's only supposed to be 66 today. Which means it was cool enough for me to break out my tights and long sleeve shirt. I'm so ready for fall!
3. I pre-tracked all my calories for the day. I do much better when I track everything in the morning. No guesswork, no "extra" calories to figure out how to eat.

Some great woohoos! Good for you for getting out! Yes changes in clothing/fashion can be a fun thing related to weather changes. I think I need to try pre-tracking more - well done! :woohoo:

My woo-hoo is DH and I are sneaking off to Epcot today for Food & Wine while the in-laws watch the kids.

Super jealous of your woohoo - enjoy :woohoo:

Still excited about the deal my family got on the Contemporary for our trip in March. I've been slowly planning our days and got all our reservations done. Really looking forward to this trip, as I think it might be our last for a few years. Kids are getting older and there are so many other places we want to see as a family. Hopefully we'll make it out to the west coast for a trip to DL.

Holidays are always a good thing to woohoo about - but you are right while we love our Disney it is fun to explore new places :woohoo:

I received a confirmation email last night for the St Louis half marathon and I was going through all the information this morning. It's starting to feel real and my nerves are starting to increase (which is a good thing). I'm doing a trial run this weekend to prepare - doing everything as close to race conditions and fueling as I can. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

Congratulations - and good luck for your preparation - you got this :woohoo:

Tomorrow my wife and I are celebrating our 15 year wedding anniversary!!!! We won't be going out to celebrate until this weekend, but I can't believe it's been 15 years!

A big congratulations to you both :woohoo:party:

Good morning friends! Again, I am apologizing for being MIA. No excuses other than busy life! But I miss the chatter! I am currently proctoring one student, so I should be able to play a bit of catch-up here for the next hour, so I'm diving in! .......P

It happens ... welcome back :-)

I can swim, I know how to swim, and I enjoy the water to some degree.... however, I'm not a fan of swimming as exercise. I am not skilled at laps. However, I don't mind water walking or water aerobics, but I haven't done them in years. We owned a nice large above-ground pool for years, but it was showing its age and when DD left for school we had two summer when it literally didn't get used AT ALL. Then one winter it started to have issues and we finally decided to take it down last year. I was actually really sad! Not because I wanted to use it, but it was a HUGE part of my kids childhood.... we were in it every day during the summer when they were younger.... we had pool parties for DD's summer birthdays, etc.

I discovered during my trip to Bermuda last fall that I really enjoy snorkeling! I gave DH a snorkeling trip to Bermuda for his 50th birthday this month, but alas, we have no time in the schedule to go, so we are putting it off until the Spring. I think one reason that DH wanted to put it off (other than our busy schedules) was the fact that he had fallen far away from his exercise/diet during the summer (especially the later summer when his Mom died) and had gained a lot of weight. Obviously a snorkeling vacation means a lot of BEACH time (and photos) and I'm sure the opportunity to get back on track and get the weight off would make him feel better about the vacation.

I also enjoy kayaking, but rarely do it as I don't own a kayak!

I can relate to your DH putting the holiday off for that reason - I have been contemplating a cruise lately - and 2 days ago I saw one a really good price - I really can't afford it - but was feeling like I needed something - it would have been pretty much a pack and go departing on the October 8 - it was my weight that really made me decide NO as I realised lots of water, bathing suits in front of lots of people lol - so when I have finally dropped some weight I will reconsider. My wallet thanks me for the restraint though lol.

What I haven't gained is friends.... real "call-me-any-time", "lets-hang-out-tonight", "wanna-go-shopping?" kind of friends. I still have trouble making friends. My Mom even bought me a book for Christmas a few years ago about making friends for grown-ups! :sad2: So I do still often feel isolated. Need to be BRAVE and work on that

It sounds like you have made some good friends - it makes such a difference. Great idea about the book though - we focus so much on kids making friends that we forget how important it is for us adults to have connections as well.

Woohoo it's Wednesday! Let's see.... we've been having some wonderful fall weather. I love how the fall sunlight slants (we're pretty far north so it is really noticeable) and casts shadows, so it is a treat to have had sun for so many days. On the flip side, this weekend is forecast to be showery, and I actually get kind of giddy thinking about how to plan my weekend activities around rain. Yes, I am a hard core PNWesterner! I haven't made it to the Indigo Exhibit at the Seattle Art Museum yet, so that's on the agenda. And I'll be doing more sewing, and hopefully come up with something I'm happy with this time.

lol - excited about showery weather - but you know what my DS15 shares your like of it and he prefers winter to summer (but our winters our very mild so he really hasn't experienced real cold yet) - but it is great you are excited about the weekend :woohoo:

I'll be sharing the room with a gal-pal then the last night another will show up, so it'll be a slumber party!

This sounds like fun - another great woohoo - Disney and connecting with friends what more could you need lol ? :woohoo:

My Woo Hoo Wednesday: Our good friends had a baby over the weekend so I'm thrilled for them! This weekend I get to escape town with some girlfriends for a night to run RnR San Jose. Very excited to get away.

Emotionally I'm struggling right now. The situation at work has me very very down. I'm having a small pity party for myself I think. I got news yesterday that I had been waiting on but it was about as bad as it could be. I know I'll get over it but I"m just not there yet.

Ah new babies - there's just nothing like cuddling a new born is there? :woohoo: Good luck for your run and fun with your friends :woohoo: Sorry to hear work is not a happy place for you right now - I hope things turn around :hug:

My woohoo is small today. It has been a very busy at work. We had an event when all the seniors in the CMSD (inner city public school) school district came to an event that we put on. It was a college fair plus 3 breakout presentations. The kids all behaved themselves and seemed to get a lot out of it. I have been on my feet all day and by the time I get to my car I will have 10,000 step. I am ready to crash. I am exhausted. I will be in bed early today.

This one is both a woohoo and not so much of one. My son has been being bullied for the past week or so and it started to get physical. He was being pushed in the halls and being tripped. I did email the principle but was not expecting a response since he never responded to my email about one of his classes. I was very excited that he got back to me first thing this morning at 7:45. He could give me any information but they are going to investigate what is going. It is something for now and I am not feeling a ignored as I was before this.

Sounds like you earned that early night! I can't believe the principal didn't respond to your last email about the teacher! Sorry to hear your son is being physically bullied at school - that is not acceptable I hope you get a quick resolution :-)

That sounds like so much fun!

I am not sure of the details, but is there any alternative work you can look into? Sometimes we convince ourselves we need this job and there isn't any better and we need to make it work and we don't at all give a chance to opportunities to come our way

Hope you feel better today

I had a good look at my daily records and if I must be honest out of 28 days 1 I didn't really do my best. There are 3 days that the calories are in minus but we are talking about - 16, - 35 and -216. The first two are negligible and there are some days when you simply need more calories. If I look at the calories in vs out, I am on track to create deficit for nearly 2 kg loss and while the scale isn't cooperating I know it will

I feel I earned 100% this month provided I keep the effort today and tomorrow. 100% good isn't good as it' isn't sustainable. I also moved from frustrated to motivated and that's big positive. The results aren't as quick to show as I would like them to be, but I did the right things.

I only have control over my actions and last 4 days I upped my effort but I can't have control or when exactly the weight loss will show and considering the small amount left, I will have behavior goals only next month too.

Enough with the self talk, I better get up and get moving. Have a super healthy and happy day all!

I had a good look at my daily records and if I must be honest out of 28 days 1 I didn't really do my best. There are 3 days that the calories are in minus but we are talking about - 16, - 35 and -216. The first two are negligible and there are some days when you simply need more calories. If I look at the calories in vs out, I am on track to create deficit for nearly 2 kg loss and while the scale isn't cooperating I know it will

I feel I earned 100% this month provided I keep the effort today and tomorrow. 100% good isn't good as it' isn't sustainable. I also moved from frustrated to motivated and that's big positive. The results aren't as quick to show as I would like them to be, but I did the right things.

I only have control over my actions and last 4 days I upped my effort but I can't have control or when exactly the weight loss will show and considering the small amount left, I will have behavior goals only next month too.

Enough with the self talk, I better get up and get moving. Have a super healthy and happy day all!

Isn't tracking food a wonderful tool that can help to look back at whole months to see where you are getting it right and areas that might need improvement.

You are so right though - if you control what you can within sustainable efforts you will get there in the end.

Hope you have a great day also.

I had for a long time and that's ok because I just needed to focus on raising the kids and healing - but I am starting to have some hope again in that department. Who would of thought my question worked on myself! I hope I didn't overshare it just seemed to come together in my mind and flowed especially with the chat with HappyGrape :oops::-)

Definitely a good reward - you will rock that dress and be looking fine in the parks :woohoo:

Yes, yes, yes - you will be good example for your kids if you are happy, and you need hope, you need to have dreams and once you let yourself do that - it will help with determination to work towards it.

I feel I may have overshared a little, but it's a big question

I always dress up on vacations and I had about 40 theme park days and not once I wore sportswear in the parks! Looking at Food and Wine videos - 15 minutes video, hundreds of people and 2 or 3 dresses only - all shorts and runners. But I am happier with dresses, I am fairly fit - I can manage wearing shoes. I feel I don't need to do what everybody else does.

Plus, the pictures look better in my opinion

Good morning all - Its Thursday!
(its up a little earlier than usual - as I am heading out to the movies tonight)

And more importantly that means its the second last day of September!!!! I can't believe it is almost over :cool1:

So of course as we prepare to 'let go' of September - we need to think about the things that didn't work for us this month that we need to 'let go' or other issues we are holding onto that are affecting our healthy life makeovers that we can 'let go'.....

I'm sure you can see where I am going with this :rotfl:

The Frozen story is based on the 1845 tale by Hans Christensen Anderson - The Snow Queen. Disney adapted into what is largely an original story that included the introduction of a sister Anna to create depth to the story and enable people to feel empathy for Elsa. Love it or loath it Frozen certainly made an impact at the theatres and in the Disney Parks with people standing in line to meet them for 4 hours or more (before they introduced a fast pass system for it - can I just say how happy I am that they introduced this just prior to my visit in 2014 :thumbsup2) - apparently parents even got into physical arguments over line cutting - eeek. In this movie we got 2 Princesses and of course it has the popular snow man Olaf.

frozen-characters.jpg

QOTD: What are you going to 'let go' as we leave September? Also, what worked that you would like to 'hold on' to?

Bonus Question: Has anyone seen the new Frozen musical yet (I'm not sure if it is both parks or just DL)?

Extra Bonus: Does it snow where you live? Do you embrace the snow like Elsa or do you wish for sunshine like Olaf?

Quotes of the Day!

fvt_frozen_on_pinterest_.jpg

23d2b08ab9bdb3b40623f93f55f88a15.jpg

Let-go-Elsa-Frozen.jpg

QOTD: What are you going to 'let go' as we leave September? Also, what worked that you would like to 'hold on' to?

I would like to let go of that 1.7 kg that is holding on to me. Just go away, I am done with you! I am ready to let you go so you need to do the same haha

What worked - keeping an eye on my long term goal and not letting all or nothing type of thoughts take over.

I came up with goal for October! My participation will be 3 weeks and I will have calorie deficit goal! I want to avoid getting frustrated as the scale takes it's time but motivated and I like numbers so this will work for me

Last edited:
I would like to let go of that 1.7 kg that is holding on to me. Just go away, I am done with you! I am ready to let you go so you need to do the same haha

What worked - keeping an eye on my long term goal and not letting all or nothing type of thoughts take over.

I came up with goal for October! My participation will be 3 weeks and I will have calorie deficit goal! I want to avoid getting frustrated as the scale takes it's time but motivated and I like numbers so this will work for me

:rotfl: That is hilarious - I love this answer!

I am back from my much needed girls night at the movies - we laughed and laughed.

Good morning all - Its Thursday!
(its up a little earlier than usual - as I am heading out to the movies tonight)

And more importantly that means its the second last day of September!!!! I can't believe it is almost over :cool1:

So of course as we prepare to 'let go' of September - we need to think about the things that didn't work for us this month that we need to 'let go' or other issues we are holding onto that are affecting our healthy life makeovers that we can 'let go'.....

I'm sure you can see where I am going with this :rotfl:

Bonus Question: Has anyone seen the new Frozen musical yet (I'm not sure if it is both parks or just DL)?

Extra Bonus: Does it snow where you live? Do you embrace the snow like Elsa or do you wish for sunshine like Olaf?

What worked.... hmmm.... hard to come up with something new after all this time. I'm not sure exactly WHAT got the scale moving again in August when I was FINALLY back under my goal.... but perhaps I was a bit more "strict" with my weighing/measuring portions?? More veggies and a bit less fruit? Less carbs? I was probably doing all of that, but other than tightening the reins a bit more, that isn't much different than what I've done in the past. I do NOT think I will be reaching my September goal of ending the month at the same weight I started it at, thanks to my Disneyland/San Diego indulgences.... but in hind sight they were ALL worth it!! And I am still technically at or below my WW goal, so all is good. But I will aim to have the Disney pounds gone before Halloween FOR SURE, as I don't want to head into the holiday season "on the edge"!

I have NOT seen the new Frozen musical.... but I saw the lines for it while I was in DL and it was nuts! I love the movie and the music, but I'm not such a huge Anna and Elsa fan that I would give up hours of park time to see it or to meet them.... however, DD and I lucked out while we were there! We went into the Animation building to check on the starting time for Turtle Talk and lo and behold, we discovered the Anna and Else Meet and Greet line and it was less than 20 minutes!! I'll share a picture later, but I'm at work now. But they were SWEET and I LOVE meeting new characters I've never met before!!

I guess I'm an Olaf..... stuck in a frozen land (at least from late November until April) but dreaming and wishing for SUNSHINE and warm temperatures! Thankfully I am no longer BUILT like Olaf ;)

Hey all, look at me, on here TWO days in a row!! But alas, my busy life just got slightly busier! My WW boss has asked me to sub a Thursday evening meeting about 40 minutes away (ironically right down the road from DS's college) for the next several weeks. Not sure exactly what "several week" means. I PRAY it won't go into the holidays. If they don't have a replacement by Halloween I will start squeaking and squawking. The GOOD thing about being a WW sub is that I get paid for my travel time and mileage.... but the lousy thing is that I probably won't get home most Thursdays until at least 6:30pm, but possibly later. The other GOOD thing is that I can arrange to see DS and maybe grab dinner with him if I am feeling so inclined! Since DH is out of town today and tonight, I think I am feeling inclined tonight!

Not sure if I mentioned or not, but I decided to do something FUN to in honor of October being Breast Cancer awareness month. My mom and one of my SILs is a BC survivor, as are two co-workers.... so in honor of these wonderful ladies and everyone fighting the BC battle, I am committing to wear PINK every single day in October (and post a picture on FB and Instagram at least once a week)! Now.... since pink is my favorite color, it probably doesn't seem like it will be much of a stretch.... but even I don't have THAT MANY pink pieces in my wardrobe! I meant to take the time last night to start putting some pink outfits together, but by the time my online shift was done, etc, it was bedtime.... but I'm hoping to do it tonight. Some days (like weekends) it may just be my sneakers with hot pink laces or a piece of pink jewelry.... and other days it will be full-on pink, top to bottom! Some days it will be hot pink and other days baby pink.... but I cannot wait to get started! The only drawback is that I have several really nice fall colored pieces that do NOT go with pink at all.... so I've been trying to wear them this week or I'll have to save those for November!

That's it from me today! TTY again soon!.......P​

I'm going to let go the singular focus on weight loss. I haven't lost a thing over the last week and I've been doing the same thing I've been doing over the last 9 months. I think I'm at the point now where I need to stop worrying about the scale. I've passed where I was hoping to get to - now it's time to move on. An exercise goal will be the goal going forward. If I continue to lose here and there, great. I'll probably continue to weigh-in every day, but more just to make sure I'm not treanding up... not to hope for the downward trend. This is going to be strange.

I grew up in Buffalo, NY, so I grew up with snow. I don't mind snow if I don't have anywhere to go, but I have driving in it.

Last edited:
Let's see what can I let go? It has been a rough month. Lots of stress from every direction. I think this exhausted me and I got lazy and didn't work out at all. I think I need to let go of the things I can't control and not let the little things get to me so much. One of the situations with my son's school was resolved on his own but I am still frustrated that I couldn't get an email back from the school. This frustration is something I need to let go.

I have also been stressed with my daughter. I was hoping that through the vision therapy that she would be so clingy to me. The opposite has happened. She has now been trying to sneak in bed with me in the middle of the night. She has never done this before. She never slept in our bed as a baby. This is something out of my control. All I cam do is be there for her and try not to get mad when I just need time away for a few minutes.

What I need to hold onto this month? I am going to say the family support I have from my husband and mom. My mom is a teacher and has been helping navigate the issues with the school. She is also very supportive with my daughters vision therapy. I am in a facebook group for VT and so many people don't have the support from family with this.

I live in a very snowy area. We don't just get the normal storms that come across the land. We also get what is called lake affect. It is a snow storm that comes off of the lake. In our case lake Erie. This is very unpredictable and can drop a foot + snow in a very short time. We are expected to have a bad winter this year. I will post some pictures it is.

I have lived here my whole life. I hate the snow and the cold. I hate everything about it. You would think living here all my life I would embrace it but I dont. I would love to hibernate all winter if I could.

I'm going to let go the singular focus on weight loss. I haven't loss a thing over the last week and I've been doing the same thing I've been doing over the last 9 months. I think I'm at the point now where I need to stop worrying about the scale. I've passed where I was hoping to get to - now it's time to move on. An exercise goal will be the goal going forward. If I continue to lose here and there, great. I'll probably continue to weigh-in every day, but more just to make sure I'm not treanding up... not to hope for the downward trend. This is going to be strange.

I grew up in Buffalo, NY, so I grew up with snow. I don't mind snow if I don't have anywhere to go, but I have driving in it.

Well done and good luck with the transition. I hope you continue to participate in monthly challenges, even if your goals are athletic

Impressive transformation

Belated Woohoos over here: I meant to check in yesterday when I was at the airport, but I was running late--oops! Anyway, woohooing a wonderful day trip to NYC yesterday. It filled my soul with the the theater love that has been missing. That's my passion and I have let it die down as I live in my real world. It was so nice to get back to my love for just a day. Oh and seeing my favorite show was a dream. I'm still high on all of that!

Another HUGE woohoo is that my best friend who I haven't seen in a year is going to Disney in two weeks and wants to meet up! Soooo excited! (I'm also twitching though because she didn't plan this 2 months in advance and so I have no idea how to make these plans on short notice... but.....) It will so fun to see her and her DH and do Food & Wine with them!!!

Well, last week the doctor told me to "let go" of chocolate, caffeine, and alcohol until we figure out my health, so I have a feeling I'm going to loose more weight next month than I did this month. Not that I am heavy on the chocolate and caffeine, but I do have wine and cocktails weekly. That wasn't something I wanted to give up before, but now I have to. But I think I will be pleased with the repercussions, both health and weight related. Everything else this month wasn't so good, so I am not holding on to anything other than trying to stay positive!

It doesn't even get cold down here! I am more like Elsa-- I like cool weather. Yesterday in New York, it was overcast and breezy and in the high 60's and it was glorious! I won't see that weather down here until like February... and even then it will only last a week!

Off to get October's thread started! I will come back and post a link later today!

What worked.... hmmm.... hard to come up with something new after all this time. I'm not sure exactly WHAT got the scale moving again in August when I was FINALLY back under my goal.... but perhaps I was a bit more "strict" with my weighing/measuring portions?? More veggies and a bit less fruit? Less carbs? I was probably doing all of that, but other than tightening the reins a bit more, that isn't much different than what I've done in the past. I do NOT think I will be reaching my September goal of ending the month at the same weight I started it at, thanks to my Disneyland/San Diego indulgences.... but in hind sight they were ALL worth it!! And I am still technically at or below my WW goal, so all is good. But I will aim to have the Disney pounds gone before Halloween FOR SURE, as I don't want to head into the holiday season "on the edge"!

I have NOT seen the new Frozen musical.... but I saw the lines for it while I was in DL and it was nuts! I love the movie and the music, but I'm not such a huge Anna and Elsa fan that I would give up hours of park time to see it or to meet them.... however, DD and I lucked out while we were there! We went into the Animation building to check on the starting time for Turtle Talk and lo and behold, we discovered the Anna and Else Meet and Greet line and it was less than 20 minutes!! I'll share a picture later, but I'm at work now. But they were SWEET and I LOVE meeting new characters I've never met before!!

I guess I'm an Olaf..... stuck in a frozen land (at least from late November until April) but dreaming and wishing for SUNSHINE and warm temperatures! Thankfully I am no longer BUILT like Olaf ;)

Hey all, look at me, on here TWO days in a row!! But alas, my busy life just got slightly busier! My WW boss has asked me to sub a Thursday evening meeting about 40 minutes away (ironically right down the road from DS's college) for the next several weeks. Not sure exactly what "several week" means. I PRAY it won't go into the holidays. If they don't have a replacement by Halloween I will start squeaking and squawking. The GOOD thing about being a WW sub is that I get paid for my travel time and mileage.... but the lousy thing is that I probably won't get home most Thursdays until at least 6:30pm, but possibly later. The other GOOD thing is that I can arrange to see DS and maybe grab dinner with him if I am feeling so inclined! Since DH is out of town today and tonight, I think I am feeling inclined tonight!

Not sure if I mentioned or not, but I decided to do something FUN to in honor of October being Breast Cancer awareness month. My mom and one of my SILs is a BC survivor, as are two co-workers.... so in honor of these wonderful ladies and everyone fighting the BC battle, I am committing to wear PINK every single day in October (and post a picture on FB and Instagram at least once a week)! Now.... since pink is my favorite color, it probably doesn't seem like it will be much of a stretch.... but even I don't have THAT MANY pink pieces in my wardrobe! I meant to take the time last night to start putting some pink outfits together, but by the time my online shift was done, etc, it was bedtime.... but I'm hoping to do it tonight. Some days (like weekends) it may just be my sneakers with hot pink laces or a piece of pink jewelry.... and other days it will be full-on pink, top to bottom! Some days it will be hot pink and other days baby pink.... but I cannot wait to get started! The only drawback is that I have several really nice fall colored pieces that do NOT go with pink at all.... so I've been trying to wear them this week or I'll have to save those for November!

That's it from me today! TTY again soon!.......P​
What a fun idea... looking forwards to seeing the pink pics!

What do I need to let go of.... food. Well, how about at least sugar, gluten and dairy? I went grocery shopping last night to stock up on things for a period of elimination, but by the time I got home it was late and I was worn out, and so didn't get anything put together: I'll be starting tomorrow. I also put my thyroid meds in the bathroom, so they are right there when I'm getting ready and thinking about them, and it worked. Thanks all for the advice!

I have a couple silly Frozen stories. I had decided to go see the movie after reading about how the animators worked out how to do ice, so was quite interested in the technology more so than the story itself. I really felt let down tho, and that the 3D effects weren't good at all... I kept having to tilt and twist my head to make things looks good. Then about 3/4 of the way thru the film I reached up to adjust the 3D glasses and realized one of the lenses had fallen out. The other story is that a couple trips ago I managed to get in to see Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits perform at American Adventure: it was great, he was having a ton of fun and I was singing along with all the songs, as were all the others audience members, of a "certain age". That same trip I saw the Frozen stage show, and even with the song lyrics projected for all to see, I couldn't manage a single song. Fortunately the Dad seated behind me knew every word in every one! I'm thinking I'll try to do the Frozen Ever After thing while I'm there in a couple weeks, but I keep forgetting to search for a FP+, guess I should get on that.

The weather around here is generally pretty temperate: normally there's a long spring and fall with a short summer and winter. We might get a couple snowy days, but it'll warm up enough to turn back in to rain fairly quickly. Problem is it's very hilly, particularly in downtown. And the city only owns a few snowplows and up until the past 4 or so years would only put down sand, not salt, so even a dusting of snow can bring things to a stand still. I like the different seasons, so enjoy snow when we get it... and have the ability to work from home if needed so that helps with the stress trying to get around can bring.

If I say "MY LUGGAGE", would this work for both answers? :rotfl:

I have been so hit-and-miss this week as I've been dealing with Air Canada's terrible customer experience for the last 5 days. After getting delayed, then bumped from flights home due to two plane malfunctions, we had to spend an extra night in Toronto after the RNR Montreal race without any change of clothes. Yes, Air Canada has lost our bag and cannot figure out where it is... and it had all of our running gear in it. So we're presently scrambling to get replacements for the RNR San Jose race this weekend. :confused3 (Yes, this included shoes, fuel belts, running watch, etc).

The race itself was great, so I was able to score a PR on the course! Yes! Half Marathon time: 3:08!

So, I would really like to hold on to my luggage, even though Air Canada took it away from me!

I am going to let go of weight loss as my priority fitness goal. I recently found someone to do a custom training plan for my runs and while in the process of putting it together I am realized I am not taking in nearly enough protein. I hope upping my protein will not only help my running but other things I am struggling with as well. I am going to hold on to you guys because this thread always pushes me to do better!

I didn't get a chance to see the show while at DL but have done the sing along at HS.

This past winter we got flurries in downtown Jacksonville but generally we do not get snow. I grew up in Maryland so I know all about snow and am glad I don't have to deal with it anymore but I do feel sad for the kiddos because they will never know the joy of a snow day. Hurricane days just aren't the same :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!