Princess overkill? Akershus and CRT on same day?

I have 6 weeks to go and this is definitely the one part of my plans that is giving me the most trouble. I may cancel the PPO and just try and rope drop FEA. I’m also worried my kids will be burnt out by the end of the day as MK has evening EMH that night which we are definitely doing. Belle is generally the only different princess from CRT correct? I could try and meet her in France and we also have a FP for Enchanted Tales with Belle.

I have 6 weeks to go and this is definitely the one part of my plans that is giving me the most trouble. I may cancel the PPO and just try and rope drop FEA. I’m also worried my kids will be burnt out by the end of the day as MK has evening EMH that night which we are definitely doing. Belle is generally the only different princess from CRT correct? I could try and meet her in France and we also have a FP for Enchanted Tales with Belle.

Unfortunately you never know who you'll get at either location, so not sure how often Belle attends either location. And this is because it's subject to the characters' availability (even the ones with specific known characters aren't guaranteed. I saw a video where Rapunzel, one of the ones usually there, couldn't make Trattoria Al Forno so Merida was there instead). The only exception is Cinderella at CRT, and even then sometimes she's had to step out because she lost her slipper again. But if that happens, someone should be able to help reserve a time with her (FP at Fairytale Hall).

Keep on checking. You never know when something will pop up. But also don't stress about it. If your CRT reservation is late enough, you can always call it early for EPCOT and rest before going back out, especially if there's no other rides your kids are interested in. FEA, Anna & Elsa, anyone else, then cut out for a rest before heading over to MK wouldn't be a bad plan. Though expect a bit of a wait for Anna & Elsa if you do FEA first as a rope drop. Keep checking for a FP for FEA though if your kids are also interested in meeting Anna and Else (I think it's better to rope drop those two first then hit FEA).

You can also see Belle at Enchanted Fairy tales with Belle--they do a bit of meet and greet and autographs afterwards.

Mostly, though--easy for me to say--but, try not to stress. See who you can, and enjoy your encounters. I have 4 kids and have done many WDW trips with them at various ages. I will give you some of my priceless moments with characters (I'll try to keep this brief):

First trip, older DD is 4. First day, we're in Epcot, we see Aladdin in Epcot. He says, "What's your name, Princess?" She looks at me in awe, and says, "Mom! Aladdin KNEW I was a princess!"

Next trip, older son is 3. He collects lipstick kisses like most people collect autographs. He plays "shy", and offers just enough encouragement for the princesses to try to coax him out. He's a big, fat faker, BTW.

Older DD (maybe 6?) gets half an hour, coloring with Mulan, because nobody knows she's in China.

Youngest DS (6mo) gets a lipstick kiss on top of his bald dome from Snow White, who says he reminds her of Dopey.

Older son at 4 gets picked as "Gaston" in Enchanted Fairy tales. Asks Belle to marry him, three times as instructed, and then adds, "Pleeease?". Everyone cracks up.

At a character dinner at 1900 Park Faire, all the girls want to dance with Prince Charming. Younger DS (maybe 7?) gets Cinderella to himself...and the stepsisters fight over him.

I could go on all day. My point is, you will have your own special encounters, on this trip and subsequent ones. I think we moms go nuts trying to plan out all these "perfect" scenarios in our heads, but sometimes, you just have to sit back and see how things turn out. We have many wonderful photos and videos of our kids with characters. Good thing, too--now, my "baby" is 13, and he's 6 feet tall. So, enjoy your trip, and I hope the character encounters are all that you hope for and more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!