Princess Kate is in labor with baby 3!!!

I know a lot of folks don't care... but I do... I love royal weddings and royal babies! Can't wait to see him and find out what they've named him!
I love all things royal also. I think I should have been born a Brit.

Without knowing a lot of the details, I think it’s quite chivalrous that he gave up the throne to be with the woman he loved.

While you may think it was quite chivalrous, (not flaming you,) Edward/David's abdication almost ended the monarchy. It's mostly been downgraded to a P.R. title as it is. He created a P.R. and country nightmare. There he goes, thumbing his nose at all the tradition, pomp & ceremony, abdicates as though it's less important than marrying some woman, who is divorced AND an American. Very scandalous at the time. The non-Royalist political parties jumped all over his abdication, asking "WHY do we even have the Royal family & titles anymore anyway? What are we taxpayers paying them for?"

Edward/David created the title of "Duke of Windsor" for himself and left with his wife to France (I think?) where, he thought, would only be a temporary exile. Until the country and the Royal family got over what he did. Then he could go on being a Royal, without the crown.

King George (Bertie) never forgave him. Bertie hadn't been trained since birth to be the monarch - AND during a time of a world war and having speech problems. When King George died, far too young, his wife, (also named Elizabeth) blamed Edward/David for his death, saying the stress of being King killed him. She never forgave him.

The now Queen Elizabeth II, was thrust into the role of being unexpected Queen, way too soon. And she has pledged her life, till she dies to be Queen. She will never turn over the monarchy to Charles, as, after seeing what her uncle did to the monarchy, she pledged she would never hand away the throne entrusted to her. While she is 92, her mother lived to be 101. So she may be around for a while yet. (Long live the Queen!)

Edward/David never did get a welcome him back to the Royal family or England. And he lived his life, with his wife in exile. He also risked losing the income he was getting from the British government if he came back. And even though he called himself the Duke of Windsor, he never did get the Royal attention he thought he'd get, except by Americans & other foreigners who treated him a somewhat of a celebrity and loved inviting him to parties only due to his title as a "duke." His wife, Wallis Simpson, the Duchess of Windsor, according to many reports, had told close friends that he actually lived a rather emotionally depressed life, in spite of all their jet-setting & partying. While, he loved her dearly, he really did miss being "Royal." He really hadn't realized all he gave up for her and the rather bland life they would lead. Being invited to parties as a fluffy "celebrity" is not the same as being loved & respected by one's country and having a real purpose in life.

I know too much about the Royal family. :laughing: I was a loyal Princess Diana fan.

Apparently Will was out with friends a few nights ago with some friends after a soccer (?) game and said he will insist on calling him (the baby) Jack (after the hero of the game). Most people took it as a slip of the tongue, revealing the gender.

King Joseph
Who is King Joseph? The only thing google turned up is a Spaniard from 1770's.

While you may think it was quite chivalrous, (not flaming you,) Edward/David's abdication almost ended the monarchy. It's mostly been downgraded to a P.R. title as it is. He created a P.R. and country nightmare. There he goes, thumbing his nose at all the tradition, pomp & ceremony, abdicates as though it's less important than marrying some woman, who is divorced AND an American. Very scandalous at the time. The non-Royalist political parties jumped all over his abdication, asking "WHY do we even have the Royal family & titles anymore anyway? What are we taxpayers paying them for?"

Edward/David created the title of "Duke of Windsor" for himself and left with his wife to France (I think?) where, he thought, would only be a temporary exile. Until the country and the Royal family got over what he did. Then he could go on being a Royal, without the crown.

King George (Bertie) never forgave him. Bertie hadn't been trained since birth to be the monarch - AND during a time of a world war and having speech problems. When King George died, far too young, his wife, (also named Elizabeth) blamed Edward/David for his death, saying the stress of being King killed him. She never forgave him.

The now Queen Elizabeth II, was thrust into the role of being unexpected Queen, way too soon. And she has pledged her life, till she dies to be Queen. She will never turn over the monarchy to Charles, as, after seeing what her uncle did to the monarchy, she pledged she would never hand away the throne entrusted to her. While she is 92, her mother lived to be 101. So she may be around for a while yet. (Long live the Queen!)

Edward/David never did get a welcome him back to the Royal family or England. And he lived his life, with his wife in exile. He also risked losing the income he was getting from the British government if he came back. And even though he called himself the Duke of Windsor, he never did get the Royal attention he thought he'd get, except by Americans & other foreigners who treated him a somewhat of a celebrity and loved inviting him to parties only due to his title as a "duke." His wife, Wallis Simpson, the Duchess of Windsor, according to many reports, had told close friends that he actually lived a rather emotionally depressed life, in spite of all their jet-setting & partying. While, he loved her dearly, he really did miss being "Royal." He really hadn't realized all he gave up for her and the rather bland life they would lead. Being invited to parties as a fluffy "celebrity" is not the same as being loved & respected by one's country and having a real purpose in life.

I know too much about the Royal family. :laughing: I was a loyal Princess Diana fan.
:rolleyes1...and maybe everything happens for a reason. As a Nazi sympathizer, it's anybody's guess how that might have changed Britain's involvement in WW2 if he had been in a position of influence at that time.

Back when they first announced I wrote down my name predictions. For boys I picked

Albert Philip Michael and
Arthur Charles Michael

I’m guessing a variation of your two choices: Arthur Philip Michael...

Charlotte was supposed to pay homage to Charles, so I don’t think they’ll use that again.

Philip will honor the paternal great-grandfather, maternal grandfather and it’s also one of Prince Williams middle names.

Thomas has been high on the list of possibilities and it’s probably my favorite of all of them, but it doesn’t seem “stuffy” enough.

My comment wasn't my personal opinion against the name itself or even the events surrounding the abdication. The royal family's official stance seems to be avoid ruffling feathers and shining a light on less than positive aspects. Considering the Duke’s questionable involvement with Nazi party officials it might be considered wise to avoid stirring unwanted controversy by giving the baby that name.

I understand, and it makes perfect sense. Didn’t know about the highlighted part. Thanks for the info. I find it interesting.

:rolleyes1...and maybe everything happens for a reason. As a Nazi sympathizer, it's anybody's guess how that might have changed Britain's involvement in WW2 if he had been in a position of influence at that time.

One could say he had exceedingly bad judgement all around. :upsidedow

I was typing when you posted. I didn't know how much of their history during that time you are aware of.

Wow, thanks for sharing, Imzadi. You are far more knowledgable than I. While I also loved Diana and have great respect for the Queen, I guess I’m more of a casual American follower of royalty.

I didn’t know all that much about Edward VIII’s abdication and the aftermath; it’s very interesting. Strangely enough though, the Queen did name her youngest Edward.

Last edited:
I am going with Arthur Phillip Michael, too. It flows, honors a whole slew of people, and sounds regal :)

Plus, I know the cutest little 2 year old named Arthur and I just love the name now, because of him!

Also there is evidence that the Duke of Windsor was actually plotting with the Nazi's with the promise he would actually be returned to the throne.

Wow, thanks for sharing, Imzadi. You are far more knowledgable than I. While I also loved Diana and have great respect for the Queen, I guess I’m more of a casual American follower of royalty.

I didn’t know all that much about Edward VIII’s abdication and the aftermath; it’s very interesting. Strangely enough though, the Queen did name her youngest Edward.

That is an excellent point... perhaps David is in the running.

No better way than to start a Monday with the news of a new very much loved and wanted baby.

Though I wanted a little Alice...however, healthy beats gender preference any day!

Charlotte was my grandmother's name and Alice is also a family name and close to my own DD's name.

Charlotte is my mom’s name and Alice was my grandmother’s name. So yeah ... I was kinda hoping for a girl too.

:goodvibes It was a good enough guess. How they get “Jack” out of John is beyond me, as is “Peggy” from Margaret, but I digress...

My youngest DS is John; I have called him Jack from day one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts