Princess Half Marathon proof of time/corral question

iujen94

DIS Veteran
Hey there! Total runDisney newbie here and thinking about signing up for the Princess Half Marathon as my first runDisney event. I just ran a 10k, so I'm covered on the Proof of Time requirement. My DH, who is interested in running with me, doesn't have a race that meets all of the proof of time requirements. Are we out of luck as far as running together (other than me joining him in the last corral, which I'm going to guess isn't the ideal position)? I'm not crazy fast, but my goal would be to finish in under 2 hours. Thanks!!

My DH, who is interested in running with me, doesn't have a race that meets all of the proof of time requirements. Are we out of luck as far as running together (other than me joining him in the last corral, which I'm going to guess isn't the ideal position)?

Does he have a 10k race under 1:15 that has online results within the calendar timeframe? That's about all you need. The USATF is not necessary, and it just can't be a training run (needs to be a real race with results online). He still has until Nov 19th to run a 10k before the POT cutoff for Princess Weekend 2020.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/pot-proof-of-time-race-equivalency-cutoff-confirmed-times.3699036/
Regardless, if it's appropriate that he would finish a different HM at 2:45-3:00 hours, then he can put that as his estimated finish time without POT (fastest non-POT that is a choice). That will not place him in the last corral. It would put him in the giant F corral, but if lined up at the front would in theory have only about 35-50% of the field ahead of him.

Does he have a 10k race under 1:15 that has online results within the calendar timeframe? That's about all you need. The USATF is not necessary, and it just can't be a training run (needs to be a real race with results online). He still has until Nov 19th to run a 10k before the POT cutoff for Princess Weekend 2020.

Oh that’s great news! We did run a 10k together in May that has online results, but I didn’t see anywhere on the race website that it was USATF-certified. Awesome - then sounds like we are good to run together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter