Primeval Whirl Down?

I saw that report as well. Our friends actually have a FP for it on our upcoming trip. I just gave her a heads up that she might want to change it just in case.

Usually, if you have a FP+ for a ride that is not operational during your FP+ timeframe, you will be issued a "multiple experience" FP+ good for that ride when it re-opens or for other rides within the same park until closing that evening. Those FP+ usually have restrictions in terms of which rides the FP+ is good for.

I saw a report that Primeval Whirl is down with no announced opening date. We have a FP for Tuesday - if it doesn't repoen, what happens? Any chance they'd give us another magic FP for anything we want? :)

While we were there a couple weeks ago. I made a FP to ride Spaceship Earth at 8pm. When we got to the park, it was down. Our FPs automatically went to an anytime FP good for the remainder of that day and all of the next. We ended up riding SE standby after watching Illuminations as there was little to no wait. It was an EMH evening at EPCOT that evening. We used our anytime FP for Belle's Enchanted Tales the next day in MK as my son really wanted to be one of the characters in the tale! The FP line in Buzz scared the poo out of me though. We got to it with about 15 minutes left before the grace period kicked in and I was worried we wouldn't make it. Tapped in about 7 minutes before the grace period would have happened and then we would have lost our anytime FP.

Usually, if you have a FP+ for a ride that is not operational during your FP+ timeframe, you will be issued a "multiple experience" FP+ good for that ride when it re-opens or for other rides within the same park until closing that evening. Those FP+ usually have restrictions in terms of which rides the FP+ is good for.

I believe this all depends on when the ride goes down too. As you can see from my post above, my multiple experience FP extended over to the next day and at any park. SE went down at 8pm so I'm sure that had a lot to do with.

It was down Saturday and so was Everest. That made all other fastpass lines crazy - safari and dinosaur especially.

We had one for this past Sunday...and they issued the anytime pass on Friday (2 days prior to our FP time) . When I looked on the app, it was showing a wait time so it appears they had some knowledge they were shutting it down.

Any idea what happened? PW is essentially two separate coasters, so what would cause they both needed emergency maintenance at the same time? Something electrical, or with the operating system? While I actually think it is a cute ride, I wouldn't be sad if it went away. I always thought a giant drop type ride would go good in that space, like a meteor crashing into the earth theme would fit well.

When we were there last month, they were only using one side. Never saw the other side operational at all.

Had a FP booked for 6/27, it was just canceled and changed to an Everest FP

Just got my email too - FP was booked for 6/25....they changed it over to Dinosaur since I already had an EE...but I already switched it to something else. Ah well....plot twist and schedule has been rearranged! :)

Thedibb has it listed as no FP available because of closure through June 30.

As of now, FP are available starting July 1.

I guess this is as good of estimate for reopening as any.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter