Pride Victory 10 3-wheeler vs Pride Go-Go 3 wheeler

slyster

DIS Veteran
I am wondering about battery life between these two scooters and I wonder if both will last all day/eve in parks or dinner. Our day will be going to park near opening and perhaps coming back mid day for a short time and then heading back out before heading to dinner. We have a couple of reservations at a resort or DS.

I read someone’s report that their Pride Go-Go battery was concerning to them. I’m obviously looking at cost too. The go-go is ideal for price, but not if it won’t last from morning to early evening.

Can you share your experiences? Will both last from early morning to early evening without a charge?

There is a lot that contributes to battery life-terrain, weight, distance, turning it off whenever stopped... When we go I rent a Victory and my husband uses the go-go that I own. He has only had the battery die on him once, likely because he weighs less than I do. It only dies on me at places like the Louisville Zoo where we have a shorter day but the grounds are tectonically challenged.

I always rent the Pride Go/Go and never had a problem with battery life Once I forgot to recharge it overnight, so I found an outlet in the park and charged it for about 1/2 hour that second day That was enough to get me through the entire second day (Please forgive my lack of "periods" Hope you can read this certain buttons on my keyboard aren't working)

I am wondering about battery life between these two scooters and I wonder if both will last all day/eve in parks or dinner. Our day will be going to park near opening and perhaps coming back mid day for a short time and then heading back out before heading to dinner. We have a couple of reservations at a resort or DS.

I read someone’s report that their Pride Go-Go battery was concerning to them. I’m obviously looking at cost too. The go-go is ideal for price, but not if it won’t last from morning to early evening.

Can you share your experiences? Will both last from early morning to early evening without a charge?

Be sure to talk openly with your rental vendor about things like your daily plans and your total body weight.

The reason that weight (including any packages, or bags, coats - really anything extra) that you put on the scooter causes the motor(s) that drive the wheels to work harder. That takes more electricity, especially going up *and* down hills, because you use the speed function to slow, or "brake" the scooter going down.

You, of course, will be practicing good battery "hygiene" - doing things like turning off your scooter any time you won't be moving in the next 10 seconds (not kidding! There's no extra battery drain for turning it on and off - and off always saves you more battery!) and making sure that lights are off in the daytime (if so equipped) and not loading down the scooter like a pack mule (Remember what mom taught us: Just because you *can*, doesn't mean you *should*!). Always shutting it off and taking the key when parking. And of course, always always always charging the battery completely every night - the first thing I do when I return to the room - before I wash my hands, or do anything else - is to plug in my mobility device, so that it will be fully charged and ready to go the next morning!

How long you plan to use your scooter every day matters too; although right now, Parks hours are somewhat artificially constrained, and Disney Springs closes up earlier than normal, but if you are planning early pre-park opening breakfasts at another Resort every day, and then go all day long at the Park, and then on to Disney Springs until they kick you out... well, that's still a long day in anyone's book.

So, TL;DR talk to your rental vendor. See what they advise, and ask them what their policy is about swapping out to a different model if the one you choose just doesn't work for you. 🙂

We have used both and the Pride Victory 10 is a two battery scooter and lasts all day if fully charged. This scooter has better weight capacity. I feel it's more comfortable, too. It is a larger scooter and heavier if you need to transport in your own vehicle. The go go model is more iffy on lasting all day; because, it's a one battery scooter. I prefer the Victory 10.

Part of your preference depends on your size and strength One reason I prefer the GoGo 3 wheeler is the I'm a woman traveling solo, and I find the smaller one easier to manhandle (LOL) But I'll agree that the Pride is probably more comfortable But as I said, plenty of battery for all day +

I decided to go with the pride victory after talking to gold mobility. He said the pride victory comes with the usb charger, fan, larger battery. We plan on staying at BWI and going to and from Epcot and HS so riding between those locations and in their parks all day is a lot. We plan on going to parks in morning, then taking a mid day break and returning later in the day.

I think it was $30 more. Anyway it’s a bigger scooter than the go go which I’m not too crazy about but he assured us we would be more comfy. Looking forward to our first rental from them! Can’t wait!

We have used both and the Pride Victory 10 is a two battery scooter and lasts all day if fully charged. This scooter has better weight capacity. I feel it's more comfortable, too. It is a larger scooter and heavier if you need to transport in your own vehicle. The go go model is more iffy on lasting all day; because, it's a one battery scooter. I prefer the Victory 10.
Actually - the GoGo has 2 batteries in the pack - I know because I own one and change out the batteries every year. That said - as long as you rent from a reputable source that updates their equipment frequently, don’t weight more than @250 lbs and don’t plan on going up and down a lot of steep inclines (like the monorail stations have) the GoGo should last you all day at Disney.

I decided to go with the pride victory after talking to gold mobility. He said the pride victory comes with the usb charger, fan, larger battery. We plan on staying at BWI and going to and from Epcot and HS so riding between those locations and in their parks all day is a lot. We plan on going to parks in morning, then taking a mid day break and returning later in the day.

I think it was $30 more. Anyway it’s a bigger scooter than the go go which I’m not too crazy about but he assured us we would be more comfy. Looking forward to our first rental from them! Can’t wait!

Just be sure to charge the scooter fully overnight, every night in your room and you should have no problems running all day!

First off, a lot will depend on your weight. Secondly, it will depend on if where you rent from uses the extended batteries. For example Gold Mobility uses extended batteries, but Buena Vista (last I checked), and Apple Scooters do not. DH or I have seen someone (who had fully charged their scooter the previous night) pushing a gogo sport or similar sized scooter from one of these two vendors almost every day when we have left in the evening hours. Some of the smaller vendors, we have even seen happen mid day.

If you are over 225 lbs, I would definitely go with the Victory 10 if you can. Even if you aren't, It is a much more comfortable ride than the GoGo Sport. Especially if renting from Gold where you will also get the fan, cell phone holder and cup holder. Do not underestimate the difference these items make.

I've rented the "regular" one from Gold and the travel one (that you can break apart and put in a car more easily which I think was the GoGo) from Buena Vista. I think the larger scooter is indeed more comfortable and I didn't feel it was more difficult to use. I had no problems with those hairpin turns in any lines, etc. On that point they were about the same for me. I don't know that the "footprint" of the scooter is that much smaller really. I was under 200lbs when I rented the portable one and definitely had to charge the battery at least once or twice daily in addition to the overnight charge, and had significant battery issues - which may have just been the vendor giving me poor batteries - some trips were less bothersome than others in that regard. I have not rented a portable from Gold Mobility but I'd be willing to if we planned to spend more than a day at US/IOA.

With the Gold regular scooter I was at the Dolphin on our last trip and routinely motored myself to Epcot and DHS and went all day (9am-midnight) without the battery even going down one blink. I think you will be very happy with the choice and ...if not... call them and ask to switch. Have a great trip!

I've rented the "regular" one from Gold and the travel one (that you can break apart and put in a car more easily which I think was the GoGo) from Buena Vista. I think the larger scooter is indeed more comfortable and I didn't feel it was more difficult to use. I had no problems with those hairpin turns in any lines, etc. On that point they were about the same for me. I don't know that the "footprint" of the scooter is that much smaller really. I was under 200lbs when I rented the portable one and definitely had to charge the battery at least once or twice daily in addition to the overnight charge, and had significant battery issues - which may have just been the vendor giving me poor batteries - some trips were less bothersome than others in that regard. I have not rented a portable from Gold Mobility but I'd be willing to if we planned to spend more than a day at US/IOA.

With the Gold regular scooter I was at the Dolphin on our last trip and routinely motored myself to Epcot and DHS and went all day (9am-midnight) without the battery even going down one blink. I think you will be very happy with the choice and ...if not... call them and ask to switch. Have a great trip!

I love hearing that. Thank you for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!