Pricing Hilton Tokyo Bay

Princess Madeleine

Mouseketeer
I'm beginning to plan my trip to TDR, and I wanted to know if anyone had advice on finding a good price at Hilton Tokyo Bay. Disney Tourist Blog said that they consider a good price to be $160/night, but I'm not seeing anything cheaper than $220 at the moment.
My hotel dates will be May 11-17, so I'm wondering if prices will go down as we get closer to our trip. This is the first international trip I've planned by myself (used a tour company when I went abroad last time), and my traveling buddy hasn't been out of the country before, so I'm very anxious to make sure everything major is planned carefully and we aren't wasting money.
Anyway, I'd be extremely grateful for any tips anyone can give on booking this hotel, or perhaps pointing out any nuances that a first timer to Japan might miss as far as hotel booking goes.

Get a Hilton Honors credit card and use it to pay for your flights and other expenses. Earn points, use the points to stay for free. I think they typically offer a couple of free weekend nights just for signing up as well. We first did this when we went to Japan and were able to stay five nights free at Hilton Tokyo Bay and three nights free at the Hilton in Shinjuku, so a full half of our entire trip accommodations were at no cost. Additionally, being an Honors member gets you upgrades and other perks like access to the executive lounges, free breakfast, etc., so it can save you some money that way, too. I’ve been very happy with the program and have continued to use the card for free stays in Hawaii, Nairobi, DC, and our upcoming WDW trip.

Unfortunately, part of getting a good price for the Tokyo Bay Hilton is just waiting for a sale. tdrexplorer.com usually has details of any Hilton sales.

I'm beginning to plan my trip to TDR, and I wanted to know if anyone had advice on finding a good price at Hilton Tokyo Bay. Disney Tourist Blog said that they consider a good price to be $160/night, but I'm not seeing anything cheaper than $220 at the moment.
My hotel dates will be May 11-17, so I'm wondering if prices will go down as we get closer to our trip. This is the first international trip I've planned by myself (used a tour company when I went abroad last time), and my traveling buddy hasn't been out of the country before, so I'm very anxious to make sure everything major is planned carefully and we aren't wasting money.
Anyway, I'd be extremely grateful for any tips anyone can give on booking this hotel, or perhaps pointing out any nuances that a first timer to Japan might miss as far as hotel booking goes.

I will be at TDR May 12th-24th. I plan on staying at the Disneyland Hotel my first 4 nights and then moving to either the Hilton or Sheraton for the remainder of my trip. I prefer to stay at the Hilton but Sheraton seems to have lower rates with a difference of $50 a night. I think for me it will come down to whichever is cheaper. I check rates nearly every day and heard/read that sometimes they have flash sales. The prices do seem to fluctuate often though.

Yes they do fluctuate a lot like air fares. I was at the Hilton in June and didn't plan on seeing Disney but got lucky to get a few extra days in the schedule. I was able to book the Hilton at a great rate (less than 200 yen) and wanted to add another night and it was 600 yen! I decided to stay another night but moved hotels to save 400 yen and after going to Disney Sea for the day I returned to the Hilton since they were holding my bags to change hotels. I decided to check App for Hilton rates and it dropped to 150 yen for that night. Unfortunately I previously booked a nonrefundable rate at a different Hilton so I moved hotels. In summary it's a gamble but when possible I try to book refundable rates in advance (in case they go lower) and when it gets closer and I'm confident I'll be there, get into the nonrefundable rates if available which are generally cheaper.
That's good advice. I didn't think about booking a refundable one and looking closer when we know for sure we will be there to get a cheaper, non-refundable rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!