Pricing for catering Grand Yacht 1 / Pontoon boats?

rspencer38

Mouseketeer
Anyone have any idea how catering works for Grand Yacht 1 or Pontoon boats? Considering a private catered event on one of the boats following our wedding ceremony but I have no idea how pricing works. Are you also able to provide a bar?

Catering and bar service are provided by the resort from which you depart (usually the Grand Floridian). Prices are a la carte, on top of the price to hire the yacht. I have Grand Floridian menus at the bottom of this page: https://fairytaleweddingsguide.com/catered-event-menus/

Call Private Dining at the Grand Floridian to book: 407-824-1951

If you're departing from either of the other resorts, you can see the phone numbers for Private Dining here: https://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/by-location/

Is there a set menu for the a la carte? We have a price on a buffet for a possible epcot reception, would it be the same type of pricing? The link on your website leads to allears in-room menu.

Also, can anyone confirm if the capacity is now 18 people for $399 an hour? I read else where that the capacity was reduced but disney lists the price and capacity at 18 for $399 an hour.

For Grand Yacht 1? Unless I’m looking at vastly outdated info (which I don’t think I am because it’s from Carrie’s Fairytale Weddings Guide) it’s 13 guests max for $850 per hour.

Grand 1 holds up to 18 guests and pricing varies from $399-$850 per hour depending on the time of day you go out. $399 P/ hour would be a morning or early afternoon sailing. $850 p/hour is fireworks/evening sailings. Holidays are more expensive.

@Fruto76 I thought it was more expensive than the $399. Thanks for clarifying.

@lurkyloo is it that less people can be on board when there's a full meal or dessert setup? Or did Disney recently change the guest limit cause I always thought it was 13....

The link on your website leads to allears in-room menu.

That's because the food for the Grand 1 comes from In-Room Dining at the Grand Floridian, so the menus are the same.

@lurkyloo is it that less people can be on board when there's a full meal or dessert setup? Or did Disney recently change the guest limit cause I always thought it was 13....

Exactly. Depending on whether you want a butler and/or a customized dinner, or if your party includes kids, the capacity ranges from just 3 to as many as 18. The OP is going to need to call Disney to find out the capacity for their desired event.

Here, I just dug up this Grand Floridian Specialty Cruise menu. But, again, you can get anything on the yacht that they make for room service...

Attachments

• Grand-Floridian-Specialty-Cruise-Menu-Selection-10-17.pdf
    210 KB · Views: 110
Grand 1 holds up to 18 guests and pricing varies from $399-$850 per hour depending on the time of day you go out. $399 P/ hour would be a morning or early afternoon sailing. $850 p/hour is fireworks/evening sailings. Holidays are more expensive.

We have just paid $850 for an hour but that is on a MVMCP night and will be seeing the fireworks.Apparently there is now snacks and soft drinks on board .We are going on after our daughters wedding

All fireworks cruises include "bagged snacks" and soft drinks as part of the price, whether you hire a pontoon boat or the Grand 1. :thumbsup2

Anyone know if it's possible to book Grand Yacht for say 815-830 for a fireworks cruise? We've got a tight time line for supper post ceremony.

The minimum is one hour. It takes at least 10 minutes just to get you into position for the show.

I'm aware that minimum is an hour but I read some where that you need to show up 1 hour and 15 minutes prior to the fireworks for a cruise. Wasn't sure if that is firm disney policy or just a suggestion. Ideally we would like to go for 8:20ish to 9:20.

I'm aware that minimum is an hour but I read some where that you need to show up 1 hour and 15 minutes prior to the fireworks for a cruise. Wasn't sure if that is firm disney policy or just a suggestion. Ideally we would like to go for 8:20ish to 9:20.

The standard start time is 30 minutes before the fireworks are scheduled to start. I've never had to show up 15 minutes before that scheduled start time for any of the cruises we've done.

Would we be able to take some wedding cake on-board with us
I've seen Escape couples do this. You can also have the Grand Floridian make and deliver a cake to the cruise.

The standard start time is 30 minutes before the fireworks are scheduled to start. I've never had to show up 15 minutes before that scheduled start time for any of the cruises we've done.

Just so i'm not confused, the typical start time for a cruise is 30 minutes prior to the fireworks show? Happily Ever After is 8:55 so we would show up 8:25? Our ceremony is 5:00 pm and we are trying to plan a timeline for doing photos post-ceremony, dinner at Swan/Dolphin and then Grand Yacht 1 for Happily Ever After. Having a tough time figuring out our timeline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter