• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Priceline !

tyke

Imagineer
Does anyone have any experience of booking with priceline !

I am considering using the company for car hire.

How did you determine what is a 'reasonable' rental cost !

Have you encountered any problems !

Tyke

I love Priceline. I have booked several hotels in this country, America and Canada using Priceline. I have had great hotels at brilliant prices. I have never rented a car from them but here's a link to an excellent site with invaluable advice to anyone who wants to use the Priceline site. I always use the American site as I think you get a better price that way. I have to doctor my UK address slightly in order for the site to process my bid.
http://pub109.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding
Good luck
Tracy

you have to be careful with priceline and carhire - the us site DOES NOT include insurance ,which can be quite pricey - the UK does, but there is some debate about one of the aspects - I know Fiona used it earlier this year and it was fine, but there are no guarantees.

if you follow tracey's link there is a link from there to the priceline europe board and they acn help further.

Bev

Hi

I think Priceline is great...I've booked flights, hotels and car hire with them.

It can be difficult at first to get the bidding right because you can only bid once per scenario.

For example if you wanted a certain size car on a specific date from MCO and your first bid was rejected you would have to change one of the parameters in addition to upping the bid price. Either size of car or date.

I just booked car hire this week for two weeks in June, mid size car for £243 all in, inc insurance and everything. This saved me about 60-70 pounds on Sunchase prices which are generally really low.

Don't use the american site to book....like others said it does not include the dreaded and very expensive insurance.

Also don't be put off when Priceline tell you your bid has poor chance of success, give it a go anyway if it's your first bid.

I think Priceline uk only comes up with Alamo cars so if you really hate Alamo (and some do) it's not the best option.

Hope this helps

Karyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter