priceline help

punky'smom

Mouseketeer
I have been trying to bid on priceline for one of the resort rooms for just 1 night. I have gone up to 72.00 and even added 4*s and they still won't accept it. Anyone have any other suggestion? I was hoping to stay at MOWC for friday night 4/19/02.

Please be aware that you cannot bid on a specific hotel, but just a quality range. If you bid at the Resort* level you could be placed at the MOWC, the Hilton or the Wyndham Palace.

On the www.biddingfortravel.com site you will find a list of resort hotels. You should probably check each individual hotel for availability. I would probably make a "back up ressie" somewhere and continue to try Priceline. Perhaps they will open more rooms to Priceline later on? I'm sure they would rather sell them at full price if they can. Plus people will cancel their ressies later too. The BFT site will also give you a good idea of what other people are paying.

I would also consider 3*s. They have been very satisfactory in my experience. As you said, It is only for one night...

Good luck!

I know Robin but I just thought it would be nice to stay in one of the resorts at least for one night if I could get it for under $80. a night. I have a ressie for marriott orlando airport for saturday night 4/28. Which I bid $40 and got that easily. I always use priceline for our room the day b4 and the day after we check into our timeshare. I've had great success w/priceline. We've taken trips to Washington,DC and stayed at the Marriott for $50 a night. Just can't beat priceline.

You will give yourself several more free rebid opportunities if you start a completely new bid instead of just checking off the 4* box when dropping down to a 4*.

I'll just keep bidding every 72 hrs till I get to $80. Then maybe I'll wait till next month and try again. If all else fails I'll just go with 3*s then. Persistence and patience,it's a virtue. Can't blame a girl for trying.

YEH! I got MOWC today. I bid $76 and got it. I'm soo excited. I won't be able to sleep for a week. I'm ready to go now. Thanks everyone. Disney magic is starting to happen. :pinkbounc :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc

Isn't it a great feeling to get the hotel that you want on Priceline? I know that feeling very well - you feel like you have gambled and WON. Priceline is addicting.

Congratulations! I'm glad you got the hotel you wanted in your price range. I think that everyone who knows the hotels that are usually available on PL hopes for a specific hotel when bidding. I gambled in November when the Swan and Dolphin were coming up in the $40's and scored the Swan for 12/25-12/30! It was exactly the hotel I wanted :). Unfortunately, the S/D were only offered on PL for a few days :(.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter