Priceline Express Deals

In this context, I'm not concerned about what the actual rack rate is vs what Hotwire say the comparison rate is. I'm just using the clues Hotwire provides to figure out one resort from another in blind bookings. Before actually booking a hotel, I do my homework and compare prices on the hotel's own site as well as other discount sites like Expedia.

I booked two resorts for my last Orlando trip (Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek and Galleria Palms) through Hotwire's blind bookings. Both transactions went smoothly, and both times I knew exactly what I was getting from comparing the ratings, amenities, etc. in the revealed bookings. Hotwire's prices were lower than anything I found anywhere else.

Personally, I'm much more comfortable with Hotwire than Priceline, primarily because I can usually figure out which resort is being offered on Hotwire, and find Priceline provides fewer clues. I also sometimes need a room for more than 2 people.

I've been on Hotwire where it says "last person got X hotel," but then states the hotel is guaranteed to be A, B, C, or D, with no option for X. So while the "last person got" can be a helpful feature, it's not a dead giveaway.

Now, I'm not saying the listing you see is NOT Pop. The bookings can come and go quickly, and the booking I saw earlier today might be gone, and another similar booking is in its place. It happens. But based on what was on Hotwire's site when I checked those dates, I'm pretty sure I was looking at AS Music family suites.

I guess my risk tolerance just isn't that high.
Do you ignore the occupancy filter on Hotwire?

I would be EXTREMELY skeptical of any booking by Hotwire. Hotwire artificially inflates standard room rates to well above the "rack rate". The only recourse a customer has is to call them on their guarantee, in which case they will refund you the difference, and only if the room is still available through other sites or Disney.....but you still do not get to cancel. In my opinion Hotwire is a fraudulent company. I will only book Priceline Express, after much research.

And FYI there is a listing for $174 on the mobile app for those dates that says "Last person got Pop Century"
In this context, I'm not concerned about what the actual rack rate is vs what Hotwire say the comparison rate is. I'm just using the clues Hotwire provides to figure out one resort from another in blind bookings. Before actually booking a hotel, I do my homework and compare prices on the hotel's own site as well as other discount sites like Expedia.

I booked two resorts for my last Orlando trip (Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek and Galleria Palms) through Hotwire's blind bookings. Both transactions went smoothly, and both times I knew exactly what I was getting from comparing the ratings, amenities, etc. in the revealed bookings. Hotwire's prices were lower than anything I found anywhere else.

Personally, I'm much more comfortable with Hotwire than Priceline, primarily because I can usually figure out which resort is being offered on Hotwire, and find Priceline provides fewer clues. I also sometimes need a room for more than 2 people.

I've been on Hotwire where it says "last person got X hotel," but then states the hotel is guaranteed to be A, B, C, or D, with no option for X. So while the "last person got" can be a helpful feature, it's not a dead giveaway.

Now, I'm not saying the listing you see is NOT Pop. The bookings can come and go quickly, and the booking I saw earlier today might be gone, and another similar booking is in its place. It happens. But based on what was on Hotwire's site when I checked those dates, I'm pretty sure I was looking at AS Music family suites.
I very much agree with @ClapYourHands. If you do your homework you know what you're getting before you book on HW. Even in the old days when they didn't give you "last person got x" or "it's one of these hotels" I was always able to narrow it down to 3 or 4 hotels at most and if I was happy to stay at any one of those I booked. I got some amazing deals this way.

I don't understand why you're bringing up that you can't cancel HW opaque bookings because this is clearly stated for 99% of blind bookings on any website that offers them, including PLE or name your bid. It's part of the game when you go the opaque route. It's up to you to do the research on your dates and figure out what rooms are going for. It doesn't take much time to figure out if something is a good deal or not, the same goes for PLE.

Update on my Wyndham Garden LBV booking through priceline - I called the hotel around 4:30PM on the same day I booked the PL express deal, they already had my reservation and were able to add my 2 kids to the reservation right away. The agent was also able to give me the reservation number I needed to add it into MDE, and let me know that it might take a day or two to before MDE would see the reservation. Their customer service was great! Getting Disney wholesale to add my kids to my other PL reservation took a lot longer and wasn't quite as painless.

I just got All-Star Movies Preffered Room August 18th to 22nd for $70 a night on Express deals!!!

I used the 8% off Retail Me Not code total for 4 nights was $328.08. So, $82.02 per night out the door!
So jealous! Those are my dates and I pulled the trigger last week on a 2BR at Wyndham Bonnet Creek instead because I needed 2 rooms.

Anyone have Hotel Canary be wrong? It's telling me it's likely Caribbean Beach (very likely), Coronado Springs, or Wilderness Cabin for $122/night.

We count on Magical Express, so I'd be super disappointed if it wasn't a Disney hotel.

I get it's a risk - just curious with your experience.

Anyone have Hotel Canary be wrong? It's telling me it's likely Caribbean Beach (very likely), Coronado Springs, or Wilderness Cabin for $122/night.

We count on Magical Express, so I'd be super disappointed if it wasn't a Disney hotel.

If it’s telling you it’s one of those then I think it’s safe that you’ll get a Disney hotel and can use ME. You’ll be fine :)

What are your dates?

Coronado. Has 400 reviews so it gives it away - cabins only have 32 and Carib beach 304.

Right now Express Deals says theres a 5 star hotel for $356/night in WDW-Bonnet Creek for Jan 10-12 that has airport shuttle and pets allowed. How likely would it be Yacht Club? or any Disney hotel?

Not sure if I'm understanding it correctly and nervous of not being on property,

Right now Express Deals says theres a 5 star hotel for $356/night in WDW-Bonnet Creek for Jan 10-12 that has airport shuttle and pets allowed. How likely would it be Yacht Club? or any Disney hotel?

Not sure if I'm understanding it correctly and nervous of not being on property,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there's zero chance that it's a Disney branded hotel; The Waldorf Astoria is the only 5 Star Hotel at Bonnet Creek.

Betterbidding has a page were you can search to see what Stars Priceline and Hotwire give to the hotels. Highest Bonnet Creek Disney rated hotel is Grand Floridian at 4.5.

That's not a disney property, it has a resort fee when you go to book it.
It's more than likely Waldorf Astoria.

Has anyone had recent experiences with Priceline Express Deals not showing the resort fees?

Thinking about heading down tonight to get a head start on our vacation and looking for some deals. Going 7/12-7/15 if I can snag one. There's one for $72 that looks like its Embassy Suites Lake Buena vista, but that one should have a $19/night resort fee I believe. Hotel Canary thinks its the Embassy, and the "someone recently got" is Embassy, but I'm nervous that the fees aren't there....

ETA: theres one for $64 that is definitely Grand Villas resort by Diamond resorts and it lists the fee....

Hotel Canary is reporting it is the Waldorf Astoria and the $90 resort fee for 2 nights is another clue it is indeed the Waldorf. In addition it is the only 5 Star listed in Bonnet Creek.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!