Priceline Express Deals

When Hotwire says "last person got....." is that pretty certain that's what you'll get? I really want to take a deal, but it's absolutely necessary that I get an onsite resort.

from what I've read on this thread, yes. but nothing is 100%, add the $8 insurance just in case.

Currently booked Assp with free dining and 6 day park hopper for 10 nights. If I try priceline express and get my dream of POFQ I lose all my fast passes right? I would also lose dining and tickets and have to start over?

What dates did you search?
8/19-8/21---I have POP booked, and it is too late to change at this point....but I have an upcoming trip coming in October 14-17 that I have Coronado booked. I have an "agency rate" booked at Coronado for 3 nights for $524.00 which I don't think is horrible, but I am trying to learn the ins & outs of this before doing anything for sure for that trip.

8/19-8/21---I have POP booked, and it is too late to change at this point....but I have an upcoming trip coming in October 14-17 that I have Coronado booked. I have an "agency rate" booked at Coronado for 3 nights for $524.00 which I don't think is horrible, but I am trying to learn the ins & outs of this before doing anything for sure for that trip.

I just took a look and I think it's Coronado also!

Assuming you are not going during holiday weeks, does Disney almost always release some inventory to hotwire/priceline? When would be the best time to search for mid-October? My reservation is for Coronado currently (agency rate of $174/night). If I tried to book a reservation on the Disney site for the resort today it will say nothing is available. AP rates are not out yet for my dates. I know I can cancel my current reservation 31 days out or longer, but I would need to be sure I can get on Disney property, or my husband would kill me! :) Thanks, as always, for any help/tips/suggestions!

Assuming you are not going during holiday weeks, does Disney almost always release some inventory to hotwire/priceline? When would be the best time to search for mid-October? My reservation is for Coronado currently (agency rate of $174/night). If I tried to book a reservation on the Disney site for the resort today it will say nothing is available. AP rates are not out yet for my dates. I know I can cancel my current reservation 31 days out or longer, but I would need to be sure I can get on Disney property, or my husband would kill me! :) Thanks, as always, for any help/tips/suggestions!

I am also looking for mid-October. Disney just started releasing rooms to Priceline/Hotwire this summer, so it's hard to say if they "always" do anything in particular since this practice is still so new. I am searching almost everyday on Hotwire (not comfortable with Priceline Express yet) and I have a price point I will book if I see it, but I am not expecting those numbers until September/beginning of October. I also search to see what the next two weeks to 1 month show to see if they reduce the price point for 2 weeks to one month out from the check-in date.

I am assuming you booked a package since you say you can only cancel 31 days out. Room only reservations can cancel 5 days out in case you have that.

I am also looking for mid-October. Disney just started releasing rooms to Priceline/Hotwire this summer, so it's hard to say if they "always" do anything in particular since this practice is still so new. I am searching almost everyday on Hotwire (not comfortable with Priceline Express yet) and I have a price point I will book if I see it, but I am not expecting those numbers until September/beginning of October. I also search to see what the next two weeks to 1 month show to see if they reduce the price point for 2 weeks to one month out from the check-in date.

I am assuming you booked a package since you say you can only cancel 31 days out. Room only reservations can cancel 5 days out in case you have that.
I think quite a few people are looking for October, crowd calendars are saying it's going to be very very busy this year 9/10. I believe it with the room rates & how many people are talking about their upcoming trips. I haven't seen jack on hotwire for October, but it's still a little ways out. Never hurts to keep checking! I'm also at Coronado lol, $169/night. It's Coronado that's showing up on Hotwire for October right now with the ~$180/night rates, so I wouldn't book that one. You can get it or POFQ for like $100/night on Hotwire if you're lucky!

I was looking at prices this morning on Hotwire.

The prices looked to have gone way up for hotels in Bonnet Creek with the airport shuttle. My dates are 9/3 to 9/7 and they have a 3* listed to be possibly Pop Century for $321 a night, a 4* for possibly Yacht Club for $477. I already have BWV with my passholder discount but it's kind of fun to see if I could get a different deluxe for cheaper, but.... $321 for possibly Pop Century??? I have a studio at BWV for $271. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Maybe everyone has caught on and the inventory has diminished?

It was an AP discount, so does this mean I can still cancel & rebook on Priceline??

great. looks like I got a long wait on hold ahead of me

just grabbed last minute pofq for $82/night plus tax. whoop! now the hunt is on to try and get my wdw conf number from someone. on 3rd person now. lol.

I haven't done it through Priceline/Hotwire but recently made Travelocity reservations. I absolutely could not get the correct numbers from Travelocity (after 3 calls) and had to call Disney about 3-4 times before a CM knew who to patch me through to. Most claimed that they had no way of finding it out and that I HAD to get it from Travelocity. I would hang up and call again. Turns out it is the Wholesale/Travel Trade department that deals with these companies. Once I got connected there, I had no problems getting the correct number to link to MDE. I called them yet again last night to add my room request.

I imagine it's the same with these Priceline/Hotwire bookings so if you call Disney, ask for the Wholesale/Travel Trade department.

Anyone cracked he Priceline code? Hotwire is so easy but I want to add tomorrow night to my weekend Ressie and they don't have it avail....I can't bring myself to book it direct for $226 when I got it on hotwire for $82. Guess I will stick with the early morning flight sat if I can't get a deal for Friday pm.

I was looking at prices this morning on Hotwire.

The prices looked to have gone way up for hotels in Bonnet Creek with the airport shuttle. My dates are 9/3 to 9/7 and they have a 3* listed to be possibly Pop Century for $321 a night, a 4* for possibly Yacht Club for $477. I already have BWV with my passholder discount but it's kind of fun to see if I could get a different deluxe for cheaper, but.... $321 for possibly Pop Century??? I have a studio at BWV for $271. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Maybe everyone has caught on and the inventory has diminished?

3* should be a mod. The values are 2.5* ... unless something has changed since April.

Disney resort reservations dept caught wind of this thread and are adjusting pricing accordingly :rotfl: kidding, but perhaps increased bookings across the board at Disney (direct and third party) because of all the late-summer discounts offered played a part.

I was prowling Hotwire last night (when am I not? :teeth:) and saw a lot of stark price jumps around 12/1 AM PDT. But I've seen variation today when playing with dates. My theory is that if this is all Disney experimentation, they're pushing back on when they release the best offers to within a week or so of arrival, and making any past that only *slightly* better than rack rate. Over the last couple of weeks, it looked like booking around two weeks out was the sweet spot (e.g. POFQ for $98 rather than $176), but even that really caters more to the crowd of last-minute vacationers and seriously not risk-averse people. I think some people, if they're looking on HW casually, will see *probably POFQ* for $170 about a month in advance -- definitely a discount over rack rate -- and book it immediately rather than wait. And then Disney doesn't have to slash deeper as dates draw nearer if there's less inventory (or none, as appears to have happened with GF for my dates).

Still, I'm glad I got CSR when I did, even if I can't get anyone to give me the damn hotel conf number :upsidedow

in other news, lots of "deals" (not nearly as nice as these deals were, but definitely something compared to rack rate) with the enchanted escape room-only offer, though they are dwindling too. still a Hotwire convert, but you know. more variety, peace of mind, ease, etc.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter