• Outdoor Pool
  • Fitness Center
  • Business Center
  • Spa
  • Restaurant
  • No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
  • Accessible Rooms/Facilities
  • Pool
Thoughts on what it could be? Floridian? Swan? Something else ?
Hotel Canary says it's the Swan. You can tell by the mandatory fee, which calculates as Swan's resort fee. Disney-owned resorts do not charge a separate resort fee (at least, not yet).

Hey everyone

Thoughts on a Priceline express deal for 12/7-12/14
4.5 star WDW -bonnet creek
$273 down 60%
8+ star 400 reviews

Thoughts on what it could be? Floridian? Swan? Something else ?
That 4.5 is the Swan. That is not normally a very good discount however now that we know that RoTR ride is now going to open on Dec. 5th that it is not a terrible discounted price considering that the Swan is very busy that week and the Dolphin is "Sold Out".

The Marriott site is only showing King - Resort view for their lowest rate of $430 per night for the Swan for that period.

Dave

Yea price isn’t great for the swan. Was hoping it was contemport or grand Floridian but given even pop century is now nearly 500/night from Disney for that week I guess the price is decent. We usually stay at Hilton palace prices around 120-150 but it’s also up near 300 for that week now.

Yea price isn’t great for the swan. Was hoping it was contemport or grand Floridian but given even pop century is now nearly 500/night from Disney for that week I guess the price is decent. We usually stay at Hilton palace prices around 120-150 but it’s also up near 300 for that week now.

I also see Dolphin on your dates for $239/night.

The Swan / Dolphin are on Disney property and would be considered Deluxe resorts due to location and what features are offered at both hotels. They are both convention hotels that offer convention facilities and host many large groups throughout the year. I consider this a benefit but other don't agree. They don't tend to use the resort buses or the parks but do tend to fill up the bars / lounges some evenings.

You also get the 60 day advanced FP+ window just like any other Disney resort. You also get access to the Disney extra hours that are offered to Disney resorts.

Note that there are some Disney features that are not available at the Swan / Dolphin.
  1. No DME to or from the Airport
  2. You don't get a free MB
  3. No charging to your room from any Disney park or restaurant.
  4. No Disney Dining plan available
Dave

Last edited:
I can't use Hotel Canary, can someone help my find a room on property 8/10-8/13.
I believe this 3* 7-guest rated deal for those dates is All-Star Movies: https://bit.ly/2LTtOht

The only 3*7 resorts in Bonnet Creek are AS Movies and Music. The resort amenities are only the 4 seen on Disney resorts (Free Wifi, Restaurant, Outdoor pool, pool). Good luck!

Last edited:
Hmm I see an Express Deal for $77 that matches the All Stars and Hotel Canary lists a group of All Stars but also indicates it is likely All Star Music see the images below...

Key Features: Free Internet Access, Swimming Pool, Restaurant listed as Amenities.

Express Deal
Express.JPG

Hotel Canary results that would match the $142 regular rate
Hotel Canary.JPG

Dave

Hmm I see an Express Deal for $77 that matches the All Stars and Hotel Canary lists a group of All Stars but also indicates it is likely All Star Music see the images below...

Key Features: Free Internet Access, Swimming Pool, Restaurant listed as Amenities.

Express Deal
View attachment 417648

Hotel Canary results that would match the $142 regular rate
View attachment 417649

Dave

Definitely not All Star Music - I would have gotten the "You've booked here before" hint. But most likely an all star!

How is the Dolphin compared to other Disney resorts? Since it’s on Disney property How does it compare the moderates and deluxe resort?
I will add my two cents if you like, although Dave did a great explanation above. I feel like Dolphin/Swan is like a Moderate+ or a Deluxe-. Whenever I can get a Disney moderate at the same price or less, I choose that over Swolphin. However, if I can get a good deal, I’d say choose that one 100 times. It’s a great resort with an amazing locations and wonderful amenities and pools. It just doesn’t give me all of the Disney feels as much as an actual Disney hotel.
Just my two cents if you wanted them:)

The Swan / Dolphin are on Disney property and would be considered Deluxe resorts due to location and what features are offered at both hotels. They are both convention hotels that offer convention facilities and host many large groups throughout the year. I consider this a benefit but other don't agree. They don't tend to use the resort buses or the parks but due tend to fill up the bars / lounges some evenings.

You also get the 60 day advanced FP+ window just like any other Disney resort. You also get access to the Disney extra hours that are offered to Disney resorts.

Note that there are some Disney features that are not available at the Swan / Dolphin.
  1. No DME to or from the Airport
  2. You don't get a free MB
  3. No charging to your room from any Disney park or restaurant.
  4. No Disney Dining plan available
Dave
Thanks
So basically they are considered a good neighborhood hotel?

I will add my two cents if you like, although Dave did a great explanation above. I feel like Dolphin/Swan is like a Moderate+ or a Deluxe-. Whenever I can get a Disney moderate at the same price or less, I choose that over Swolphin. However, if I can get a good deal, I’d say choose that one 100 times. It’s a great resort with an amazing locations and wonderful amenities and pools. It just doesn’t give me all of the Disney feels as much as an actual Disney hotel.
Just my two cents if you wanted them:)
IYO what is a good deal for those two?

Thanks

A decent deal is anything under $200 a night there (including the resort fees). I actually got a deal last year where it was $100/night with the resort fees. I thought that was an amazing deal.
However, I compare with whatever the moderates are going for at the time. Cheaper than a moderate for my dates are usually what I consider a good deal:)

I would say better due to location, location, and they use actual Disney buses, and offer walking distance to Epcot and HS . We often catch the bus that is going to the closest resort when we leave a park and if happens to be the Swan / Dolphin great. It is a short walk from the BW and the YC/BC. Also many times after park close they share the same buses with a couple of stops.
This one is more complex. Now that the Swan / Dolphin are part of the Marriott reservation system, they use dynamic pricing depending on occupancy. As the number of available rooms drops, they raise their prices. You do need to consider the $30 mandatory resort fee ($33.25 after tax).

Last year there were some wild prices here on Priceline Express: May - $135, Aug and early Nov. was as low as $79 dollars as Priceline Express offers. I got in on both. It all depends on the season you go and how busy the Swan / Dolphin are with convention bookings and how many extra rooms they need to fill. This year, they had rates as low as $124 for much of next month, August.

When listed on Priceline Express they are always priced lower than a Disney deluxe in the Epcot area.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter